Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 03-02-2018 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104327)
does anyone knows or from there? Can advise? Need to know how is it like

Used to be from there and ot till 10 is the norm.. workload defintely heavy.. guess u entering as a contract on monday? Good luck..

Unregistered 03-02-2018 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104309)
Hi i was also being invited for the same interview as mentioned above. But something strange about this job is that it has a 2 year bond and during this 2 years, i would be under an consulting agency called Mthreealumni.

Basically what they told me is that 33 graduates will be hired for 2 years for a AML project in Deutsche Bank. So i asked him what happens after 2 years and they told me that all 33 will be converted to FT at Deutsche Bank which i think that it is impossible for a bank to have so many headcounts to accept all 33 of us. And when i asked what are the chances of all 33 of us getting converted and they told me that based on history, 99% of them get converted. And in any case anyone is not selected for a FT job with Deutsche Bank, we will be offered other programs or even a consultant role with them.

Anybody heard of schemes like this? I'm so afraid that i will be wasting these 2 years doing something that do not bring me anywhere. I tried googling about Mthreealumni but i could not find anything.

Mind to share the salary structure offered by the program?

Unregistered 03-02-2018 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104341)
Used to be from there and ot till 10 is the norm.. workload defintely heavy.. guess u entering as a contract on monday? Good luck..

Thanks for your response. No wonder they keep advertising for that position quite frequently. Guess turnover rate quite high.

Is it true that transaction monitoring in most banks have OT?

Unregistered 03-02-2018 12:26 PM

WHat about KYC role in DBS? Do they work very late too? Usually what time?

Unregistered 03-02-2018 01:38 PM

Hi all, I'm a fresh grad with no experience looking for an entry-level job in compliance.

I just graduated from University of Melbourne 2017 Dec (Finance & Econs) and before that I was studying at NYP (Diploma in Banking & Finance). All I have is a 10 weeks internship experience with OCBC back in my poly days.

I am aware that I mostly have to start with 6/12M contract jobs. Have been sending out applications for about a month but so far no reply other than rejection emails as most of the job requires at least 1 year of experience.

Any advice where else I can find entry-level contract jobs? I tried many websites like (jobst, linkedin, glassdoor, indeed, randstad, efinancialcareers & jobsdb). Also, what kind of salary range would I be likely expecting realistically. I'm a Malaysian (not PR).

Thanks in advance for your time/ advice.

Unregistered 04-02-2018 02:15 PM

What is the pay progression for working in KYC in DBS?

Unregistered 06-02-2018 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104343)

Hi, my salary is the same as the one posted above.

Unregistered 08-02-2018 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104343)

I got invited by mthree as well. They they get back to you after the interview?

Unregistered 08-02-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104309)
Hi i was also being invited for the same interview as mentioned above. But something strange about this job is that it has a 2 year bond and during this 2 years, i would be under an consulting agency called Mthreealumni.

Basically what they told me is that 33 graduates will be hired for 2 years for a AML project in Deutsche Bank. So i asked him what happens after 2 years and they told me that all 33 will be converted to FT at Deutsche Bank which i think that it is impossible for a bank to have so many headcounts to accept all 33 of us. And when i asked what are the chances of all 33 of us getting converted and they told me that based on history, 99% of them get converted. And in any case anyone is not selected for a FT job with Deutsche Bank, we will be offered other programs or even a consultant role with them.

Anybody heard of schemes like this? I'm so afraid that i will be wasting these 2 years doing something that do not bring me anywhere. I tried googling about Mthreealumni but i could not find anything.

I googled mthree they seem pretty legit. i have been getting updates from them and they told me the final decision will be made before friday this week. Did anyone else get confirmed by them already?

Unregistered 08-02-2018 10:37 AM

Can anyone advise how to get into Sanctions compliance?
Is KYC experience enough?