Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 26-11-2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102290)
Just wondering if drawing 5.8k per month is considered average for someone with 4.5 yrs of exp? What about in non-compliance related back/middle office functions?

Depends on the company. I see it as decent for me.

Unregistered 27-11-2017 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102290)
Just wondering if drawing 5.8k per month is considered average for someone with 4.5 yrs of exp? What about in non-compliance related back/middle office functions?

AVP position?

Unregistered 27-11-2017 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102426)
AVP position?

Nope. An analyst position.

Unregistered 27-11-2017 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102427)
Nope. An analyst position.

A foreign bank? Thats very good!

Unregistered 27-11-2017 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102436)
A foreign bank? Thats very good!

Nope I am in a non FI.

Unregistered 29-11-2017 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102438)
Nope I am in a non FI.

Im in a FI now but i dont think ill be close to 5.8k with 4 yrs of exp. Not sure whether thats the norm. 5.8 sounds like what a fresh avp will draw. Seems like you are doing well for yourself.

Unregistered 29-11-2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102562)
Im in a FI now but i dont think ill be close to 5.8k with 4 yrs of exp. Not sure whether thats the norm. 5.8 sounds like what a fresh avp will draw. Seems like you are doing well for yourself.

Also in FI. Started at 4k since grad. Bonus 1+ mth. Euro bank (small branch here).
Been 3+ years with 1 promo and I just hit 4.9+k as average performer.
Better performing peers are getting 5++k.

Unregistered 30-11-2017 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102573)
Also in FI. Started at 4k since grad. Bonus 1+ mth. Euro bank (small branch here).
Been 3+ years with 1 promo and I just hit 4.9+k as average performer.
Better performing peers are getting 5++k.

Dont worry too much about the actual figure now. I was drawing about 3.6k only when I had 5 years experience. After grabbing some good opportunities that allowed me to jump 3 times in the last 5 years, i have reached 13k now.

Unregistered 02-12-2017 12:21 AM

Career switch

For career switch people, it is actually very possible to land a decent compliance role. I was a sole proprietor (no relevance to compliance) for 4 years before deciding to do a law degree. I graduated in june this year and landed a 3 month contract role. Was initially very hesitant about the 3 month contract as it was for a maternity cover and it was told to me from the beginning that the chances of being converted was low. Nevertheless, I wanted to get my foot into the door so I accepted the role, it was the best decision I have ever made.

After 1 month, they converted me to perm and told me that there was actually a headcount that was unfilled and even though they were actively looking for someone to fill the headcount, I did well enough for them to consider me and eventually offered me the job. After long drawn negotiations about salary, i'm currently drawing close to 80k pa all in.

Unregistered 02-12-2017 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102654)
For career switch people, it is actually very possible to land a decent compliance role. I was a sole proprietor (no relevance to compliance) for 4 years before deciding to do a law degree. I graduated in june this year and landed a 3 month contract role. Was initially very hesitant about the 3 month contract as it was for a maternity cover and it was told to me from the beginning that the chances of being converted was low. Nevertheless, I wanted to get my foot into the door so I accepted the role, it was the best decision I have ever made.

After 1 month, they converted me to perm and told me that there was actually a headcount that was unfilled and even though they were actively looking for someone to fill the headcount, I did well enough for them to consider me and eventually offered me the job. After long drawn negotiations about salary, i'm currently drawing close to 80k pa all in.

Sorry which area of compliance are you talking about? Regulatory, sanctions? And did you do your law degree overseas?