Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 12-11-2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101699)
And there are not a lot informations about FATCA/CRA online as it is relatively new.

new? well i can understand if its CRS since most banks are in the midst of implementing it.. but hey, CRS is plain dead straightforward. besides, yours is just a 3 months contractual role. info about fatca is plastered everywhere on the internet.

Unregistered 13-11-2017 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101698)
Hi all, I am a fresh graduate and recently I got an offer (3 months contract) from a bank doing FATCA/CRS. May I know if fatca/crs is considered compliance? What do you guys think of the career prospect for FATCA/CRS? Is it as good as aml/kyc?
They offered me $2.5k and said to be highly non renewable. Should I accept this contract? Thank you

Im from compliance, and i think there are many fresh grads who want to join compliance but are unaware of the type of work (could be dry) at times..

i would classify FATCA and CRS as project based compliance work as opposed to business unit compliance (i.e. retail compliance, wholesale bank compliance).

but if you are a fresh grad, this provides a good entry and exposure into compliance. Subsequently, you can try apply big 4 firms that offer compliance consulting i.e. Deloitte, KPMG or even MAS. Because you will have a minor advantage over fresh uni grads.

And, it also provides u a taste of whether u like compliance.

Meanwhile, you can search for other jobs and your employer will understand if you leave for better prospects! all the best !

Unregistered 14-11-2017 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101761)
Im from compliance, and i think there are many fresh grads who want to join compliance but are unaware of the type of work (could be dry) at times..

i would classify FATCA and CRS as project based compliance work as opposed to business unit compliance (i.e. retail compliance, wholesale bank compliance).

but if you are a fresh grad, this provides a good entry and exposure into compliance. Subsequently, you can try apply big 4 firms that offer compliance consulting i.e. Deloitte, KPMG or even MAS. Because you will have a minor advantage over fresh uni grads.

And, it also provides u a taste of whether u like compliance.

Meanwhile, you can search for other jobs and your employer will understand if you leave for better prospects! all the best !

I have been doing Compliance/AML for the past 15 years. While it is good to have exposure on FATCA and CRS related project based compliance work, do note that these comes in phases, and they are what they are, i.e. project. Once project ends, your term may also come to an end. After the project is launched, each bank will only keep a skeleton crew and let go of the rest.

There are a few banks who are still aggressive hiring junior people with minimum or no AML experiences, largely to clear the backlog. The pay may be good for 5 seconds, but once the backlogs are cleared, the team will be "cleared" as well. Pick your next compliance/AML job carefully, and make sure you learn as much as you can, in the role that you are in. The knowledge will be helpful to your next role.

Unregistered 19-11-2017 05:56 PM

Hi, what are the chances of getting a compliance role/aml related if I graduated with a Degree & Diploma in Business? Is there any courses that I should take to make myself on pile with those graduate from accountancy/ finance?

Unregistered 24-11-2017 12:44 AM

Is the pay alright?

I have 7 years working experience, 3 years in compliance and was offered SGD 6500. Managing one headcount. Is that decent?

Unregistered 24-11-2017 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102126)
I have 7 years working experience, 3 years in compliance and was offered SGD 6500. Managing one headcount. Is that decent?

May I know what experience do you have for the other 4 years?

And what role is this and rank?

Unregistered 24-11-2017 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102129)
May I know what experience do you have for the other 4 years?

And what role is this and rank?

I was doing pharma sales. The current role is compliance officer with a financial technology firm. I will be doing regulatory compliance.

Unregistered 24-11-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102133)
I was doing pharma sales. The current role is compliance officer with a financial technology firm. I will be doing regulatory compliance.

Quite decent given your 4 years were in sales.

I had 1 year in operations and abt 3.5 years in compliance, around 5.8k per month with AWS.

Unregistered 25-11-2017 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102160)

I had 1 year in operations and abt 3.5 years in compliance, around 5.8k per month with AWS.

I see, that’s pretty decent.

Unregistered 26-11-2017 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102160)

Just wondering if drawing 5.8k per month is considered average for someone with 4.5 yrs of exp? What about in non-compliance related back/middle office functions?