Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS BANK Interview replies (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3211-dbs-bank-interview-replies.html)

Unregistered 23-11-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45525)
retail banking/sales , 3300 + commission. 2 yrs bond. definitely better than ocbc (3k + comm) and UOB (3300 no com) correct me if I am wrong.

OCBC was 3.3k (Not sure if got comm) if i'm not wrong

Unregistered 23-11-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45563)
Hmmm maybe I should have suited up after all heh. Yeah I went for a tech interview at first at CBP. After 2 weeks then I had to go to this interview at MBFC. The hiring manager at CBP was definitely from tech while the one i saw at MBFC were definitely from ops. They didn't ask this round cause they already knew I am applying for ops when I went for the interview at CBP. The way they seem to be doing this interview does seem a little strange, some people are getting 2 and some are getting 1 interview.

Oh my, I wonder if they are gonna ask me to go for another round of interview. 1 is traumatising enough. Hahaha. Did you have to go for a hr interview or was yours a virtual interview? Sorry, just to clarify, you went for the first panel interview and they asked which track you wanna go and you said ops? Did they inform you that you have to go for another interview during the interview itself? I'm really worried that I might have to go for another interview.

Unregistered 23-11-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45563)
Hmmm maybe I should have suited up after all heh. Yeah I went for a tech interview at first at CBP. After 2 weeks then I had to go to this interview at MBFC. The hiring manager at CBP was definitely from tech while the one i saw at MBFC were definitely from ops. They didn't ask this round cause they already knew I am applying for ops when I went for the interview at CBP. The way they seem to be doing this interview does seem a little strange, some people are getting 2 and some are getting 1 interview.

Oh my, I wonder if they are gonna ask me to go for another round of interview. 1 is traumatising enough. Hahaha. Did you have to go for a hr interview or was yours a virtual interview? Sorry, just to clarify, you went for the first panel interview and they asked which track you wanna go and you said ops? Did they inform you that you have to go for another interview during the interview itself? I'm really worried that I might have to go for another interview.

Octavian 23-11-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45573)

hmm not nice to release too much info here, a little worried the HR might be looking then wouldn't be too nice. You can create an acct and PM me if you would like to know more =)

Unregistered 24-11-2013 10:34 PM

Hi, anyone here been to the second interview for retail management? Anyone know how's the starting pay like?

Unregistered 25-11-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45617)
Hi, anyone here been to the second interview for retail management? Anyone know how's the starting pay like?

Haven't received a reply from them though it has been 2 weeks..anyone got offered or rejected for retail management?

Unregistered 25-11-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45634)
Haven't received a reply from them though it has been 2 weeks..anyone got offered or rejected for retail management?

Same here...

Unregistered 25-11-2013 03:36 PM

dont fret. if cannot get in dbs one, still can join other banks like uob/ocbc. Not say dbs has the highest salary amongst all..

5555555 25-11-2013 04:50 PM

yep i was rejected for GA mgt programme. they offered me GA retail sales track instead. 2yr plus hefty bond. wonder how special is this 2yr sales programme or the purpose is jus intend to tie u down 2yrs, no different from normal direct intake 6mnths lower sum bond. puzzled whether to take up dis offer or try ocbc. wad are ur views? advice pls. heard ocbc commision structure is much much better.

Unregistered 25-11-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5555555 (Post 45647)
yep i was rejected for GA mgt programme. they offered me GA retail sales track instead. 2yr plus hefty bond. wonder how special is this 2yr sales programme or the purpose is jus intend to tie u down 2yrs, no different from normal direct intake 6mnths lower sum bond. puzzled whether to take up dis offer or try ocbc. wad are ur views? advice pls. heard ocbc commision structure is much much better.

Able to share how's your second round interview for GA mgmt prog like? I feel that dbs GA sales prog have really good prospects. Correct me if I'm wrong but According To the website, we get to try out at dbs treasures and dbs private banking.

Unregistered 25-11-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45652)
Able to share how's your second round interview for GA mgmt prog like? I feel that dbs GA sales prog have really good prospects. Correct me if I'm wrong but According To the website, we get to try out at dbs treasures and dbs private banking.

try out sounds impossible man. no offense though. 2 yrs bond is a bit long. you mean previous one was just 6 mths? how about ocbc grad prog one?

Unregistered 25-11-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5555555 (Post 45647)

ohhh.. since normal direct intake is only 6 mths, then apply that instead of the 2 yr bond lor.. ocbc i think its 9 mths or 12 mths. can't rmb.

Unregistered 25-11-2013 11:29 PM

All of DBS graduate associate program other than the ops and tech one are newly implemented this year so I don't think there will be much info on it. But for O&T the graduate program pay is higher than if you were a fresh grad direct hire in O&T. Not sure if it is a fast track program though. It is a relatively competitive program, though of course not comparable to its MA program. That one literally has a 99% reject rate.

Unregistered 27-11-2013 11:24 AM

Has anyone else got offered or received rejection email? The wait for their replies is very long :(

Unregistered 27-11-2013 11:48 AM

Did you go for the second round of interview?

Unregistered 27-11-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45726)
Did you go for the second round of interview?

Only went for 1round for retail managenent.anyone went for 2nd round alr?

Unregistered 27-11-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45729)
Only went for 1round for retail managenent.anyone went for 2nd round alr?

I think depends on the directors whether they want 2nd round or not..

Unregistered 27-11-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45724)
Has anyone else got offered or received rejection email? The wait for their replies is very long :(

Not yet.. Maybe they will inform us by the end of this week.

Unregistered 27-11-2013 04:18 PM

my friends have been offered a position in the operations programme today.

Unregistered 27-11-2013 04:25 PM

There is a second round of interview which is still in progress.

Unregistered 27-11-2013 05:02 PM

affirmative

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45742)
Not yet.. Maybe they will inform us by the end of this week.

Affirmative. I have heard that someone has been offered for the o&t GA programme. They must have started calling up

Unregistered 27-11-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45748)
Affirmative. I have heard that someone has been offered for the o&t GA programme. They must have started calling up

Yep my friend confirmed ops have started offering. The calls should come in the next few days

Unregistered 27-11-2013 11:53 PM

Hey! I got an offer for DBS Tech track just this afternoon (: There was no email though, only a phone call.

Good luck everyone!

Unregistered 28-11-2013 11:21 AM

anyone applied for the SME grad program?

Unregistered 28-11-2013 01:06 PM

when did you guys apply? i didn't receive any calls or email for interview...

Unregistered 28-11-2013 01:16 PM

Anyone have any idea regarding the prospects of this program? As it is a 2 year program, will the salary remain stagnant or will there be any pay increment in this 2 years?

Unregistered 28-11-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45768)
Hey! I got an offer for DBS Tech track just this afternoon (: There was no email though, only a phone call.

Good luck everyone!

Me too, yesterday! Tech track as well. I'm really excited to meet all the other GAs (: are you going to accept the offer?

Unregistered 28-11-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45795)
Anyone have any idea regarding the prospects of this program? As it is a 2 year program, will the salary remain stagnant or will there be any pay increment in this 2 years?

Not sure about about prospect or whether there is pay increment, but I will say this. the starting offer for the O&T program is considered a very good starting pay.

Even if you took the overall pay for the 2 years and factor in the fact that you should have a 10% increment(very high tbh), the scaled down pay for the first year would still be more than a majority of the non business related courses' 75th percentile pay (2012 GES).

Of course there are higher paying gigs out there such as various other prestigious MA program and FO positions but if you can qualify for those in the first place you shouldn't have applied for this program.

Unregistered 28-11-2013 04:52 PM

so could those being offered be kind n share the salary here since its anonymous also?

Unregistered 28-11-2013 06:07 PM

From what I heard, 3800.

Unregistered 28-11-2013 07:37 PM

4.5k......... .......... .........

Unregistered 28-11-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45821)
4.5k......... .......... .........

This is the GA for O&T not DBS MA. Is 3800

Unregistered 28-11-2013 08:25 PM

gd luck with 2 yrs! such a long bond!

Unregistered 29-11-2013 12:36 AM

Guess there are a lot of sour grapes around. Anyway i think it is a good way to kick start your career. Not only DBS is a reputable organisation, the compensation is good as well. Congratulations to all those who have been selected !!!

Unregistered 29-11-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45824)
gd luck with 2 yrs! such a long bond!

Can't speak for the rest of the programs but the Ops and Tech track is considered a leadership program. There is mentoring and networking chances for those in the program. That's like saying good luck to people who join MA programs cause it has 2 years or 3 years bond and it is very "long".

Unregistered 29-11-2013 01:33 PM

Is the Bond 2 or 3 years?

Anyone got offer from GA retail mgmt yet?

Unregistered 29-11-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45862)
Can't speak for the rest of the programs but the Ops and Tech track is considered a leadership program. There is mentoring and networking chances for those in the program. That's like saying good luck to people who join MA programs cause it has 2 years or 3 years bond and it is very "long".

HAHAHA! so obvious that this comes from a fresh grad!

Unregistered 29-11-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45864)
Is the Bond 2 or 3 years?

Anyone got offer from GA retail mgmt yet?

Not yet leh. Has been almost 3 weeks already..hope they are still in the midst of choosing..

Unregistered 29-11-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45866)
Not yet leh. Has been almost 3 weeks already..hope they are still in the midst of choosing..

have you been to the second interview?

Unregistered 29-11-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45868)
have you been to the second interview?

Never got called for 2nd interview. Is there a 2nd interview for retail management?