Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS BANK Interview replies (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3211-dbs-bank-interview-replies.html)

Unregistered 15-11-2013 09:09 PM

Was at the GA retail mgt interview last week as well but yet to receive a reply from DBS. Fingers crossed.

-zak

Unregistered 15-11-2013 09:37 PM

Hi Zac, glad to noe im not alone.
have they requested for your credit burue report yet?
-keepin my fingers crossed too

regards, Sue

Unregistered 15-11-2013 11:14 PM

Hi sue,

No they have not asked me for anything since completing the tests and going for the interview!

-zak

Unregistered 16-11-2013 01:02 AM

gonna grad this dec. is dbs pay good? above market rate or smth? feel like trying. haha!

Unregistered 17-11-2013 01:58 PM

Hi, I'm going for dbs retail banking interview this week. Was informed there will be a role play. Anyone have any idea what I can expect for the role play?

Unregistered 17-11-2013 04:55 PM

Sell me anything in this room.

Unregistered 17-11-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45177)
Just went for the interview. Was interviewed by 2 person, one HR manager and one hiring manager. Almost 100% of the question was fit question. Took 1hr. The interview process started on the 8th and will end on the 14th. Heard from the HR exec liasing with me that this interview is the final stage and the offer will start going out end of the week- start of next week.

I think I did ok for the interview but seems like my answer ain't what they are looking for. Think need to start looking for another job opening already

Hi may I know what questions did they ask you?

Unregistered 17-11-2013 08:32 PM

for role play, they will test you everything and anything about their products. make sure you read up on their products properly. what are the clear difference between their product and that of other banks, eg O_B_. good luck.

Unregistered 17-11-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45343)
for role play, they will test you everything and anything about their products. make sure you read up on their products properly. what are the clear difference between their product and that of other banks, eg O_B_. good luck.

Pure nonsense, they will not expect you to have in depth knowledge of products.

Just focus on one's strength during interviews

Unregistered 17-11-2013 11:56 PM

might not even have role play. might even ask you to give a presentation.

Unregistered 18-11-2013 01:53 AM

Has anyone been for 2 rounds of interview for GA retail management yet? Had the interview last week. My interviewer (prob HR manager) told me that there will be another round of interviews that I will have to go for, but I have yet to hear any news about it.

Unregistered 18-11-2013 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45356)
Has anyone been for 2 rounds of interview for GA retail management yet? Had the interview last week. My interviewer (prob HR manager) told me that there will be another round of interviews that I will have to go for, but I have yet to hear any news about it.

I only went for 1 round and the interviewers only said they will notify me the results in 2 weeks. Didnt mention about 2nd interview..They asked you to go for a 2nd interview already?

Unregistered 18-11-2013 10:41 AM

Any idea when exactly the prog will start?

Unregistered 18-11-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45357)
I only went for 1 round and the interviewers only said they will notify me the results in 2 weeks. Didnt mention about 2nd interview..They asked you to go for a 2nd interview already?

Don't think there is 2nd interview.

Unregistered123 18-11-2013 04:30 PM

yup dont think there is 2nd interview for retail bank GA.
has anyone here got offered yet?

Unregistered 18-11-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered123 (Post 45377)
yup dont think there is 2nd interview for retail bank GA.
has anyone here got offered yet?

Not yet leh. Still waiting for their reply. I think should know the results by this friday.

Unregistered 18-11-2013 09:08 PM

anyone applying for O&T GA program got a reply after their interview?

Unregistered 18-11-2013 09:50 PM

my 2nd interview this Thursday leh. don't think tech and ops GA offer so soon?

Unregistered 18-11-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45384)

Cool. Did they ask you to send the credit report?

Unregistered 18-11-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

You interviewed for tech and ops? When was your 1st interview?

Unregistered 19-11-2013 02:45 AM

Quote:

Did you apply for tech and ops? or are you under retail mgt :)

Unregistered 20-11-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Woah you got a 2nd interview for tech and ops? haven't get my call yet, hope they are still selecting... let us know how the 2nd interview goes!

Unregistered 21-11-2013 03:59 PM

Hi, how do you guys know which track you applied for? Because I only sent in my resume to dbs via jobsdb and received an email to do an online assessment test, and a virtual interview and video interview thereafter. The hr staff called me last Friday to inform me that I have progressed to the last round interview which is tomorrow. The whole application process did not require me to state which track I'm interested in. I'm have an IS degree though.

Unregistered 21-11-2013 04:02 PM

I applied for the technology and ops program though. But I did not state which track I prefer.

Unregistered123 21-11-2013 04:26 PM

Applied for GA retail mgt few weeks ago However was offered retail sales track instead. (2yr programme with hefty Bond same as retail mgt).....
Now confused whether i should take up this offer. Shd i rather join uob/ocbc as retail sales (e,g PB/PCF) where theres no bond? where training is also provided i suppose?
do advise thanks..

Unregistered 21-11-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered123 (Post 45481)
Applied for GA retail mgt few weeks ago However was offered retail sales track instead. (2yr programme with hefty Bond same as retail mgt).....
Now confused whether i should take up this offer. Shd i rather join uob/ocbc as retail sales (e,g PB/PCF) where theres no bond? where training is also provided i suppose?
do advise thanks..

Do you have other job offers or career goals at the moment? If not, I think DBS is quite a good place to start your career, but at 2 years of opportunity cost..

Unregistered 21-11-2013 09:10 PM

whats retail banking sales offer like? can share? from what I know, if can sell, go anywhere also can sell lah.so no need to worry.

Unregistered 21-11-2013 09:25 PM

all sales prog are mostly the same.

Unregistered 21-11-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered123 (Post 45481)
do advise thanks..

Care to share how much they are offering you?

Unregistered 22-11-2013 01:43 AM

I thought GA retail mgt is a 3yr programme...

Unregistered 22-11-2013 02:36 PM

Has anyone else got offered or rejected?

Unregistered 22-11-2013 03:32 PM

retail banking/sales , 3300 + commission. 2 yrs bond. definitely better than ocbc (3k + comm) and UOB (3300 no com) correct me if I am wrong.

Unregistered 22-11-2013 03:43 PM

base got so high meh? my knowledge is $2.8k before commision

Unregistered 22-11-2013 03:48 PM

Hi, just went for the final round interview for GA tech and ops. I don't think I did well because they were asking a lot about where I wanna go within the bank and I didn't know how to answer. Good luck everyone!
Please do share if you've been offered or rejected. The hr told me that they will give a reply within 2 weeks (:

Unregistered 22-11-2013 04:19 PM

10char

Unregistered 22-11-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45528)
Hi, just went for the final round interview for GA tech and ops. I don't think I did well because they were asking a lot about where I wanna go within the bank and I didn't know how to answer. Good luck everyone!
Please do share if you've been offered or rejected. The hr told me that they will give a reply within 2 weeks (:

just went for interview yesterday. Think i screwed it up too. They didn't seem too impressed with my answers and I got stuck on plenty of questions. HR told me 2 weeks too

Unregistered 23-11-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45551)
just went for interview yesterday. Think i screwed it up too. They didn't seem too impressed with my answers and I got stuck on plenty of questions. HR told me 2 weeks too

Hey, what time was yours? Mine was 12pm. Hope everything goes well for the both of us (: you're interested in the tech track or ops track?

Unregistered 23-11-2013 01:07 AM

37 29995633

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45555)
Hey, what time was yours? Mine was 12pm. Hope everything goes well for the both of us (: you're interested in the tech track or ops track?

Mine was earlier in the day. I'm applying for ops actually. This is my second panel interview, first one was for tech. Don't know if its normal to have 2 panel interview. Personally not very hopeful for myself, may have to start searching for jobs again. Btw what did you wore for the interview? I just wore a tie but I saw the people before and after me all wearing suits for both interviews and I'm wondering if I'm a little underdressed

Unregistered 23-11-2013 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45559)
Mine was earlier in the day. I'm applying for ops actually. This is my second panel interview, first one was for tech. Don't know if its normal to have 2 panel interview. Personally not very hopeful for myself, may have to start searching for jobs again. Btw what did you wore for the interview? I just wore a tie but I saw the people before and after me all wearing suits for both interviews and I'm wondering if I'm a little underdressed

I'm a girl and I wore a blazer with biz pants. I'm applying for tech actually but I think the people that I met were in the operations area. Woah! That's strange! They called you up to go for another round of interview? Did you tell them you prefer ops instead of technology? They asked me and I said technology.

Unregistered 23-11-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45560)
I'm a girl and I wore a blazer with biz pants. I'm applying for tech actually but I think the people that I met were in the operations area. Woah! That's strange! They called you up to go for another round of interview? Did you tell them you prefer ops instead of technology? They asked me and I said technology.

Hmmm maybe I should have suited up after all heh. Yeah I went for a tech interview at first at CBP. After 2 weeks then I had to go to this interview at MBFC. The hiring manager at CBP was definitely from tech while the one i saw at MBFC were definitely from ops. They didn't ask this round cause they already knew I am applying for ops when I went for the interview at CBP. The way they seem to be doing this interview does seem a little strange, some people are getting 2 and some are getting 1 interview.