Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS BANK Interview replies (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3211-dbs-bank-interview-replies.html)

Unregistered 27-10-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44488)
Are you sure? DBS pays better than OCBC and UOB among the local banks.

I'm from OCBC/UOB

if u take workload and actual working hours into account, the value per work per hour is actually the same, give and take a few dollars.

Unregistered 28-10-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44488)
Are you sure? DBS pays better than OCBC and UOB among the local banks.

I'm from OCBC/UOB

yes im sure cos i hv worked in all 3 banks before and dbs pay is the least attractive. and do share how you are able to be employed by 2 banks at the same time.

Unregistered 29-10-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44501)
yes im sure cos i hv worked in all 3 banks before and dbs pay is the least attractive. and do share how you are able to be employed by 2 banks at the same time.

Duh. Obviously I wasn't referring to 2 at the same time.

Unregistered 30-10-2013 12:36 AM

so how much is dbs paying for their associate/financial consultants? being the larger bank in sg, i would generally think their rate shld be quite decent though.

Unregistered 30-10-2013 06:11 AM

Yah dbs abit stingy with pay

Unregistered 01-11-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44432)
maybe they did shortlist you but they are putting you as back up, meaning if a few before you reject, then they will take you. local banks wise, uob and ocbc has better remuneration than dbs.

Thanks for your advice I hope they'll call me soon I really need a job now. Yesterday I went interview with HSBC and I find the interviewee lady humiliated me, first she was late more than half an hour (I'm ok when she said sorry) but what really humiliating when I was presenting myself she keep on playing her phone and no eye contact during the process. I was the one who keep on questioning to her but her response is not in detail. Alas only less than 5 minutes she told me I'll be notify within 1 working week, no news then I'm not hired. When I left I still feel humiliated and really wanna breakdown, never in my life I met this kind of interviewee before, I felt like we both wasting time on that session. Suddenly I called the HR and voice out what really happen during the session, I know this move is killing my chance to get the job but what I can't stand is the humiliation that I had. I just want to share this because sometimes you meet people that can ruin your life in a day and you need to let that person know that you are not a nobody that can be bullied... And you move on with your life.

Unregistered 06-11-2013 10:35 AM

anyone receive any news for their graduate associate program yet? been 2 weeks after online test :/

Unregistered 08-11-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44973)
anyone receive any news for their graduate associate program yet? been 2 weeks after online test :/

DBS GA? asked to do online test 2 weeks + ago. 3 days after test submission was asked to do a video interview. 1 week + later was informed of being shortlisted for panel interview.

Unregistered 08-11-2013 08:54 PM

May I asked which GA prog did you apply for? :) I applied for retail banking...

Unregistered 08-11-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45059)
May I asked which GA prog did you apply for? :) I applied for retail banking...

mine's Ops and Tech. Diff department so maybe not relevant heh