Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   salary/interview issues? TIPS (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3159-salary-interview-issues-tips.html)

laurawongsm 30-09-2013 01:58 PM

salary/interview issues? TIPS

I created this thread so anyone with interview/salary issues can post it here and let the pro's here give advice on it. Advice will be greatly appreciated. And i will start the ball rolling.

Asking on behalf a friend of mine. he is waiting for his second interview from republic polytechnic with the Director & HR department next week. It is for the position: project officer (2-years contract)

Some background:
Highest education: Diploma from RP
NS: Done!
Experience: Been working in education sector during my bachelor studies (part time during school term and contract basis during my school holidays) for around 2-3 years. And he is set to complete his bachelor only next year.

Following is from him personally:
During my first interview with the hiring manager and assistant director, we did not talked about anything regarding about salary. So i presume during my next interview, they will ask for my expected salary. I had a friend working in RP as well as a management support officer (MSO) & gotten a starting pay of 2k using diploma without any working experience.

My main question is how much should i ask (a range) for and which is the most acceptable?

Thank in advance!

Unregistered 30-09-2013 03:07 PM

Ask for 2.6-3k

Unregistered 01-10-2013 05:26 PM

DBS Bank HR has this bitch called AVERIL CHAN, very unprofessional and think she very pretty (very ugly actually). Anyone who knows her pls tell her she is a BITCH.

Unregistered 01-10-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43179)
DBS Bank HR has this bitch called AVERIL CHAN, very unprofessional and think she very pretty (very ugly actually). Anyone who knows her pls tell her she is a BITCH.

want put other people name online put your own name also

Unregistered 01-10-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

This one Averil Chan - Singapore | LinkedIn ?

Looks like a low performer to me, working nearly 7 years and still stuck at Associate level.

hedgie 01-10-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

You have posted possibly the most unprofessional and juvenile post on this forum.

martini 01-10-2013 06:32 PM

LOL !!

gt two types of HR ladies (recruiter or interviewer).

those demure, sweet and nice type. very girlfriend material.

and those act big shot bossy type. bo bian, this type must bootlick abit so that you get the job. after that, you can heck care them liao.

Unregistered 01-10-2013 11:49 PM

Just to check. If I signed a 2-year contract with my employer base on diploma. But half way thru it, I secure my degree. Will there be revision to my salary?

Unregistered 01-10-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43200)
Just to check. If I signed a 2-year contract with my employer base on diploma. But half way thru it, I secure my degree. Will there be revision to my salary?

eh this is really based on company and you must ask them

Unregistered 02-10-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43201)
eh this is really based on company and you must ask them

sorry to hijack. i have an interview with HR dept next week as well, i could ask if my pay will be revise after i obtain my degree right? no wrong? my first ever 2nd round interview with HR. so just wanna be sure or the appropriate time to ask.