Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   any info abt the following position singtel engineer (iptv infra mgt & assuance) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3150-any-info-abt-following-position-singtel-engineer-iptv-infra-mgt-assuance.html)

omezarn 26-09-2013 07:01 PM

any info abt the following position singtel engineer (iptv infra mgt & assuance)

Good day!

I've been called up for an interview for the role mentioned above. Anyone attended the interview before or has any knowledge about what to expect. Please share
Appreciate it a lot!

Unregistered 06-10-2013 09:15 PM

I went for a similar role, but was scheduled for a 2nd interview with the vp and director. What type of qns can we expect?

Unregistered 07-10-2013 12:03 AM

don't worry la, u ans right or wrong they will still hire you in the end.

unless u really cmi.

Unregistered 07-10-2013 10:07 AM

The whole Singtel engineering function is suffering from bad attrition and they will accept anyone as long as no major problems in your career. My friend went for an interview and they are more interested in selling the job to him than asking him about his exp.

Unregistered 07-10-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43488)
The whole Singtel engineering function is suffering from bad attrition and they will accept anyone as long as no major problems in your career. My friend went for an interview and they are more interested in selling the job to him than asking him about his exp.

Wow that sounds bad. I thought it was a good opportunity since the vp and directors were getting involved. How about the pay scale.

Unregistered 07-10-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43496)
Wow that sounds bad. I thought it was a good opportunity since the vp and directors were getting involved. How about the pay scale.

Dun be con by their fancy titles. A Singtel Director is only M5/6 and VP M6/G1, they are mid to mid-high level managers only. There are at least another 3-4 layers on top of them before reaching Group CEO.

A real senior manager is not going to bother with interviewing an engineer.

Unregistered 07-10-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43505)
Dun be con by their fancy titles. A Singtel Director is only M5/6 and VP M6/G1, they are mid to mid-high level managers only. There are at least another 3-4 layers on top of them before reaching Group CEO.

Ohhhh! Understood.. thank you !! pay wise how much can we negotiate for ?

Unregistered 07-10-2013 11:50 PM

u can't negotiate much. it's more or less fixed by their internals. it's either u accept it or they will just find the next interested applicant. becuz they would have stated the salary range on the website and that is it. just pray hope u can get the upper range as they have stated.

Unregistered 08-10-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43505)

Same here, my bro used to work in singtel as some sort of commercial director, went over to NBC had a huge pay increase and was just a manager there. His subordinate who went with him from singtel senior manager become senior analyst at NBC.

Unregistered 08-10-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 43535)
u can't negotiate much. it's more or less fixed by their internals. it's either u accept it or they will just find the next interested applicant. becuz they would have stated the salary range on the website and that is it. just pray hope u can get the upper range as they have stated.

Hmm they didn't mention any salary range. What would the ideal range be? Any idea if they provide any bonus there