Account Assistant, Payroll Salary - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Account Assistant, Payroll Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2013, 09:39 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 11
shinii05 is on a distinguished road
Default Account Assistant, Payroll Salary

Hi, I am a fresh degree graduate from RMIT Business (Management). I was offered a job - 6 month contract convertible to perm, at Healthcare Industry (public sector) as Account Assistant, Payroll for $2200. Even if I am convert to perm, the salary is still $2200.

I like to ask is the salary consider alright for fresh degree graduate with no experience? What is the salary range for account assistant job?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinii05 View Post
Hi, I am a fresh degree graduate from RMIT Business (Management). I was offered a job - 6 month contract convertible to perm, at Healthcare Industry (public sector) as Account Assistant, Payroll for $2200. Even if I am convert to perm, the salary is still $2200.

I like to ask is the salary consider alright for fresh degree graduate with no experience? What is the salary range for account assistant job?
2500 +/-

10char

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2013, 10:07 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 11
shinii05 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
2500 +/-

10char
So I can request for more even that I have no experience?
How do I go about asking?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2013, 09:49 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinii05 View Post
Hi, I am a fresh degree graduate from RMIT Business (Management). I was offered a job - 6 month contract convertible to perm, at Healthcare Industry (public sector) as Account Assistant, Payroll for $2200. Even if I am convert to perm, the salary is still $2200.

I like to ask is the salary consider alright for fresh degree graduate with no experience? What is the salary range for account assistant job?
Most fresh grad perm jobs are 3000 - 3500 now, for a contract I would expect it be 5-10% higher.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 260
jobhunter1234 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinii05 View Post
Hi, I am a fresh degree graduate from RMIT Business (Management). I was offered a job - 6 month contract convertible to perm, at Healthcare Industry (public sector) as Account Assistant, Payroll for $2200. Even if I am convert to perm, the salary is still $2200.

I like to ask is the salary consider alright for fresh degree graduate with no experience? What is the salary range for account assistant job?
Hi. If you are talking about hospital, then it is around that rate. Hospital though is considered as part of public sector, however, it operates like a statboard with own salary scheme and it not as generous as other statboards. Have a friend enter with a local degree female only 2.6
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2013, 12:37 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 11
shinii05 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Most fresh grad perm jobs are 3000 - 3500 now, for a contract I would expect it be 5-10% higher.
3k-3.5k also to non-local uni without experience?
I thought normally contract is lower? How come you expect it to be higher?
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 260
jobhunter1234 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinii05 View Post
3k-3.5k also to non-local uni without experience?
I thought normally contract is lower? How come you expect it to be higher?
Yea. I second that. 3k - 3.5k for non-local uni grad is kinda too high. Since TS stated that it is public sector, it is highly likely that they will take into consideration of the deg. Contract is usually lower I agree.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2013, 12:52 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 11
shinii05 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 View Post
Hi. If you are talking about hospital, then it is around that rate. Hospital though is considered as part of public sector, however, it operates like a statboard with own salary scheme and it not as generous as other statboards. Have a friend enter with a local degree female only 2.6
The company is the HQ of the hospitals and polyclinics.

2.6 consider to have no experience or have relevant experience?

I stated 2.4 as expected salary as it is stated in the article that SIM graduate starting pay is 2.4-2.6 so I thought they will give me my expected salary.
If that is the range given to SIM graduate then have to accept then
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 260
jobhunter1234 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinii05 View Post
The company is the HQ of the hospitals and polyclinics.

2.6 consider to have no experience or have relevant experience?

I stated 2.4 as expected salary as it is stated in the article that SIM graduate starting pay is 2.4-2.6 so I thought they will give me my expected salary.
If that is the range given to SIM graduate then have to accept then
Lol..I think no need to play guessing game already...your workplace NxG? 2.6k is my friend who graduated with a 4 yrs hons degree local uni guys slightly higher at 2.9k for my another friend. I think they have a very clear salary scheme for the local and private uni grads. In my opinion, there isn't much room for negotiation for fresh grads unless u tell me you have experience.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2013, 01:07 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 11
shinii05 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 View Post
Lol..I think no need to play guessing game already...your workplace NxG? 2.6k is my friend who graduated with a 4 yrs hons degree local uni guys slightly higher at 2.9k for my another friend. I think they have a very clear salary scheme for the local and private uni grads. In my opinion, there isn't much room for negotiation for fresh grads unless u tell me you have experience.
Yea. is NxG. haha.
I no experience. I thought of trying to ask for higher pay before signing. So now trying to find out what is the starting pay for non-local degree grad.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pay as an Account Executive (Experience) Karrie Income and Jobs 5 03-12-2012 12:44 PM
Sales & Account Manager/Executive sohck Marketplace and Find Work 0 02-07-2012 04:14 PM
Account filed majority is Female Sion3011 Income and Jobs 14 10-05-2012 05:03 PM
Baby Bonus CDA Account Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 15 31-03-2011 01:11 AM
Supplementary Retirement Account : Does it always work out better for you ? lazyplane Education and Personal Growth 7 28-02-2011 10:53 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,925 Replies, 6,040,280 Views
Software developers salary outlier ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 3,113 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,747 Replies, 3,184,259 Views
How much do you need to retire... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 2,745 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,965 Replies, 1,819,836 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,057 Replies, 836,668 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,018 Replies, 1,161,999 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,060 Replies, 284,317 Views
Singapore LNG Pay
5 Replies, 1,488 Views
Work culture in CPF board ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 35,242 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,774 Replies, 839,312 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,475 Replies, 2,054,843 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
852 Replies, 584,308 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
352 Replies, 285,955 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
287 Replies, 187,325 Views
MasterCard Graduate Developement... ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 7,240 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
130 Replies, 93,090 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,676 Replies, 1,375,619 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,526 Replies, 1,006,539 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
749 Replies, 383,863 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,407 Replies, 597,240 Views
How Much Do You Need to Earn... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
41 Replies, 19,156 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,111 Replies, 3,891,870 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,803 Replies, 1,184,726 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
85 Replies, 123,802 Views
Pay grade at CSA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
150 Replies, 40,322 Views
Any Kaplan students here can land... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 2,410 Views
Part-time Higher NITEC in...
2 Replies, 2,038 Views
Allied educator scheme
2 Replies, 724 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2