Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Account Assistant, Payroll Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3118-account-assistant-payroll-salary.html)

shinii05 18-09-2013 09:39 PM

Account Assistant, Payroll Salary

Hi, I am a fresh degree graduate from RMIT Business (Management). I was offered a job - 6 month contract convertible to perm, at Healthcare Industry (public sector) as Account Assistant, Payroll for $2200. Even if I am convert to perm, the salary is still $2200.

I like to ask is the salary consider alright for fresh degree graduate with no experience? What is the salary range for account assistant job?

Unregistered 18-09-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shinii05 (Post 42603)
Hi, I am a fresh degree graduate from RMIT Business (Management). I was offered a job - 6 month contract convertible to perm, at Healthcare Industry (public sector) as Account Assistant, Payroll for $2200. Even if I am convert to perm, the salary is still $2200.

I like to ask is the salary consider alright for fresh degree graduate with no experience? What is the salary range for account assistant job?

2500 +/-

10char

shinii05 18-09-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 42605)
2500 +/-

10char

So I can request for more even that I have no experience?
How do I go about asking?

Unregistered 19-09-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Most fresh grad perm jobs are 3000 - 3500 now, for a contract I would expect it be 5-10% higher.

jobhunter1234 19-09-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Hi. If you are talking about hospital, then it is around that rate. Hospital though is considered as part of public sector, however, it operates like a statboard with own salary scheme and it not as generous as other statboards. Have a friend enter with a local degree female only 2.6

shinii05 19-09-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 42622)
Most fresh grad perm jobs are 3000 - 3500 now, for a contract I would expect it be 5-10% higher.

3k-3.5k also to non-local uni without experience?
I thought normally contract is lower? How come you expect it to be higher?

jobhunter1234 19-09-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shinii05 (Post 42629)
3k-3.5k also to non-local uni without experience?
I thought normally contract is lower? How come you expect it to be higher?

Yea. I second that. 3k - 3.5k for non-local uni grad is kinda too high. Since TS stated that it is public sector, it is highly likely that they will take into consideration of the deg. Contract is usually lower I agree.

shinii05 19-09-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 42628)
Hi. If you are talking about hospital, then it is around that rate. Hospital though is considered as part of public sector, however, it operates like a statboard with own salary scheme and it not as generous as other statboards. Have a friend enter with a local degree female only 2.6

The company is the HQ of the hospitals and polyclinics.

2.6 consider to have no experience or have relevant experience?

I stated 2.4 as expected salary as it is stated in the article that SIM graduate starting pay is 2.4-2.6 so I thought they will give me my expected salary.
If that is the range given to SIM graduate then have to accept then :(

jobhunter1234 19-09-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shinii05 (Post 42632)
The company is the HQ of the hospitals and polyclinics.

2.6 consider to have no experience or have relevant experience?

I stated 2.4 as expected salary as it is stated in the article that SIM graduate starting pay is 2.4-2.6 so I thought they will give me my expected salary.
If that is the range given to SIM graduate then have to accept then :(

Lol..I think no need to play guessing game already...your workplace NxG? 2.6k is my friend who graduated with a 4 yrs hons degree local uni :) guys slightly higher at 2.9k for my another friend. I think they have a very clear salary scheme for the local and private uni grads. In my opinion, there isn't much room for negotiation for fresh grads unless u tell me you have experience.

shinii05 19-09-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 42633)
Lol..I think no need to play guessing game already...your workplace NxG? 2.6k is my friend who graduated with a 4 yrs hons degree local uni :) guys slightly higher at 2.9k for my another friend. I think they have a very clear salary scheme for the local and private uni grads. In my opinion, there isn't much room for negotiation for fresh grads unless u tell me you have experience.

Yea. is NxG. haha.
I no experience. I thought of trying to ask for higher pay before signing. So now trying to find out what is the starting pay for non-local degree grad.