ST Electronics - Page 40 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.

ST Electronics

Old 26-02-2020, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I definitely got something more than that...
roughly 3% on an average

3% - 5% sounds like a better gauge.
But I heard ppl getting as low as 1% (30-50 range) when their appraisal grades are relatively poor.
If hit the max cap salary for the grade, will there be any more increment in the following year? And if hit max cap and the bosses don't fight for your promotion even for above average appraisal, what will be the minimum increment or will there be no increment?

Old 29-02-2020, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
If hit the max cap salary for the grade, will there be any more increment in the following year? And if hit max cap and the bosses don't fight for your promotion even for above average appraisal, what will be the minimum increment or will there be no increment?
Hit means no increment, unless there is a market adjustment.

Old 01-03-2020, 03:25 AM
Unregistered

Will st engineering follow the other companies and tell all the staffs to take pay cut?

Old 08-03-2020, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

Default E6 range

Anyway knows whats the E6 range under new schema ?
Old 10-03-2020, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

Question Outsource contract?

Hello, I see this mentioned alot in this thread: can anyone share what it means exactly to be employed under outsource contract?

1. Are you reporting to ST or the boss / lead of the attached company?
2. Do you lose out on employment benefits (package, leave, etc)
3. Does it mean you have to stay for that period since it is a contract (cannot leave like perm staff)
4. Who performs appraisal for your work, and usually what performance bonus can we expect?
5. Is ST a good place for experience / resume buff despite the supposedly lower pay?
Old 11-03-2020, 08:50 AM
ST outsource E5

Default Outsource contract benefit the company... Not the staff.

Quote:
Hello, I see this mentioned alot in this thread: can anyone share what it means exactly to be employed under outsource contract?

You report to ST but the payroll, timesheet, leave etc is thru jobline portal. Pay is St pat to jobline. Jobline pay to us.
Very much so. Eg they have a family care leave 1 day introduced in 2019. Outsource staff been asking is it applicable to outsource staff? No response from HR. Some say "it's factored into our base salary" which I highly doubt.
3. Does it mean you have to stay for that period since it is a contract (cannot leave like perm staff)
No you can leave anytime. Since there is no bonus for contract completion now as well.
The reason ST offer outsource contract is twofold. 1. They lazy to go thru resume and hire a huge HR to find and source for candidate. So they outsource this task to jobline for a fee. Second the senior manhenent here is really only think about $ cause their boss on top give them KPI likr must earn 1 million this year etc... So they are very "mindful". More like stingy with their pay offer. Compound that with ST don't always get lots of business. So they always aim for few millions dollars project but lack the talent and manpower to do it. They call it chicken and egg. I call it more like self created problem.
4. Who performs appraisal for your work, and usually what performance bonus can we expect?
Jobline Reminds ST to do appraisal. ST appraise then submit to the division head to approve. Once approved money released to jobline. Jobline deposit into our bank. They do all the admin stuff. I been hearing different story. Some say ST has the culture of 1 month AWS + at least 1 month bonus. But I heard its also depending on boss. So in short. Don't expect for 2 to 3 months bonus. Cause that's in the past. You'll most likely get 1 of 1.5 months bonus.. Which they already calculated and budgeted before they offer you the 2 years contract. So don't be like my juniors who join and work day and night overtime thinking can get 3 to 5 months bonus. He left eventually cause felt used. But I already advise him. Most of the staff here adopt this culture. Don't work like you're the best. Don't work like you're the worst. Especially those perm staff all scared to take on more responsibility. So all always siam and push work. Which created this disgusting culture of incompetency
5. Is ST a good place for experience / resume buff despite the supposedly lower pay?
My advice to you is if outside offer you like more pay. Take it cause work here the incremental is just like 1 to 2 percentage... Aka 100 to 200 range... Which means if you work damn hard for 2 years your pay will only increment at most 400. Don't dream about promotion. Those are for perm staff. Outsource staff is really used as a service. Not meant for career growth
I have seen people on outsource contract here for 4 to 5 years. Me including 2 times already renewed. Recently they say 3 years outsource will be considered for renewal. I been asking but all I hear is excuses. Division not making enuff money la. Cannot justify headcount la. No contract to feed thr staff la. While at the same time the company profit keep growing and the senior manhenent take big fat pay check.

You make your own decision. But for me ill be leaving and looking for job elsewhere after this coronavirus period and before my contract renewal next year cause I am sick and tired of being renewed as an outsource staff for the 3rd time 6 years... While I see the other perm staff keep getting promoted every 3 years or so. What a joke.

Yes the colleagues here are nice... Well they are nice cause they feel guilty and they don't want to train someone new whe you leave. Cause they want to retire relax. So to them pay low also don't care. But I'm young and ambitious man... Don't come to ST if you have dreams.. Cause you'll see it like an retirement village for people who want to be averahe working for average pay

Sorry for rant.

Old 13-03-2020, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

1. You report to ST. I assume you are outsource jobline. Jobline acts as a recruitment agency and also administer your pay, leave, etc. Your RO, AO is ST people, could be perm, could be outsource themselves. Outsource staff go thru jobline portal. Perm staff go thru their concur portal.
2. Outsource staff will say yes. Cause perm staff I heard got different number of sick leave. Extra annual leave after xx number of years. Outsource don't have. Also recently 2019 they introduced 1 day family care leave. Outsource staff been asking "why we don't have" or how to take cause jobline portal don't have this family care leave. HR NO REPLY. Or the usual excuse we been hearing for so many years under outsource is "its already factored into our higher base pay"
3. Can leave anytime. Last time got annual contract completion which is like the AWS to keep you committed to stay for the whole 1 year.. Now no more this bonus. So leave anytime.. Nothing to lose out.
4. ST appraise your boss. But when go up to division head they suka suka grade you based on how many they can give B or C+ per division. So take it that everyone is C+ unless you don't pefrom then it's lower. Almost never B. Those are kept for the boss to promote their perm staff those who been with them forever.
5. Ofc ST is better compared to some ABC Technologies. No name. But whether ST is better than the other brand like NCS or Govtech or Accenture.. Is hard to say. But if given offer you should consider. HR do look out for branded company names
Old 13-03-2020, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

Jobline will tell you bonus can go up to 3 months. Reality is its only 1 to 1.5 months max. 3 months is those A grade which won't be eligible to some no name outsource staff.
Old 13-03-2020, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

how is working at st electronics eservices like?
Old 20-03-2020, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

Anyone able to share what is ST's bonus like now after the salary adjustment?