ST Electronics - Page 131 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




ST Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1301 (permalink)  
Old 14-01-2021, 03:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Does the management realise that all the politics are mostly started by them?
They call it survival skills but really. I have a boss who everything he will push back and never commit anything black and white. Cause he said he learn from the politics here.

Fhen when he left a new boss took over, he don't know how to play the politics. Everything promise okay. Yes sir man. End up we help other division to meet their kpi. We don't get the pie that was promised to us cause ebehtnjnf wasn't black and white. Favor here and there.

Our engineers end up overtime because our boss yes man can't say no. We don't get bonus. The team lost slot of people. People wonder why we doing the work of other division. And don't get paid for it...

So we learn now if other division need our help we will promise to help informally just for show but nothing black and white won't commit to anything. Also when black and white comes we will. Charge very high so we can take the profit and also to dissuade from doing the work. So it's a win win situation.

It's not we don't want to help. It cost xxx. So much ah? Yes. Maybe can find other division who have the capability to do this component for you....

Let us know soon so we can start work ASAP. Most of the time nothing will get done. This is the ST World... Alot of time go hire liao. Project don't come in. Our engineers do nothing. Can't eat. Can't survive. Or deliver liao. No profit. The other boss kpi met but ours doesn't. So we also don't do lo.

It's like that one. Anyway the reorg structure prompts competition instead of cooperation. That's why nobody want to work together. Too many commander in chief.
This is the result of too many old folks refuse to leave and want the power.

Reply With Quote
  #1302 (permalink)  
Old 14-01-2021, 03:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
They call it survival skills but really. I have a boss who everything he will push back and never commit anything black and white. Cause he said he learn from the politics here.

Fhen when he left a new boss took over, he don't know how to play the politics. Everything promise okay. Yes sir man. End up we help other division to meet their kpi. We don't get the pie that was promised to us cause ebehtnjnf wasn't black and white. Favor here and there.

Our engineers end up overtime because our boss yes man can't say no. We don't get bonus. The team lost slot of people. People wonder why we doing the work of other division. And don't get paid for it...

So we learn now if other division need our help we will promise to help informally just for show but nothing black and white won't commit to anything. Also when black and white comes we will. Charge very high so we can take the profit and also to dissuade from doing the work. So it's a win win situation.

It's not we don't want to help. It cost xxx. So much ah? Yes. Maybe can find other division who have the capability to do this component for you....

Let us know soon so we can start work ASAP. Most of the time nothing will get done. This is the ST World... Alot of time go hire liao. Project don't come in. Our engineers do nothing. Can't eat. Can't survive. Or deliver liao. No profit. The other boss kpi met but ours doesn't. So we also don't do lo.

It's like that one. Anyway the reorg structure prompts competition instead of cooperation. That's why nobody want to work together. Too many commander in chief.
This is the result of too many old folks refuse to leave and want the power.
At least your team learnt. I know of some division bosses who went "I don't care, you just do it".

Reply With Quote
  #1303 (permalink)  
Old 15-01-2021, 07:20 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
At least your team learnt. I know of some division bosses who went "I don't care, you just do it".
Then we also don't care.
Can't deliver those head on the top should get chop first.

Reply With Quote
  #1304 (permalink)  
Old 15-01-2021, 07:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Engineer - E5
Senior engineer - E6
Asst Principal Engineer - M1
Asst Principal Engineer - M2
Principal Engineer - M3
Senior Principal Engineer - M4
Deputy Chief Engineer - M5
Chief Engineer - M6

It seem that your title for M2 is "INFLATED" to Principal Engineer which support to be M3, hence short changed..
what the new rank after reorganization ?
Reply With Quote
  #1305 (permalink)  
Old 15-01-2021, 09:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Then we also don't care.
Can't deliver those head on the top should get chop first.
Since when in ST the head on top get chop? its always the bottom engineers that get bad grades and get chop regardless project delivered or not. tons of excuses for promotion and good grades, e.g, submitted but big boss don't approve, never deliver enough, never put in enough effort, can't fit into the "bell curve", not enough exposure etc.

Promotion and good bonuses are always made available for Management regardless deliverables.
Reply With Quote
  #1306 (permalink)  
Old 16-01-2021, 11:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you cannot accept the job offer and make your own decision and need to rely on advice and external party for guidance. Your chance of survival here is slim.

Make your own decision.
Who interviewed you.
Can you work with the person who interview you.
Did you clarify your job role.
Do you have actual experience to do the job based on the role.
Can you handle internal office politics.
Can you handle external office politics by DSTA
what is external office politics by dsta? can anyone give some examples?
Reply With Quote

  #1307 (permalink)  
Old 18-01-2021, 01:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
15k alot meh?
That's just 3 fresh grad comp science 5k in combined into 1 single person.

Pls M3 KPI if can single handedly bring in and secure project that worth millions.
That creates job and opportunity for more than just 3 fresh grads.

So as M3 yes 15k is too little since fresh grad now starting pay so high.
bytedance fresh grad 15k, even govtech is 9k....
Reply With Quote
  #1308 (permalink)  
Old 18-01-2021, 02:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
bytedance fresh grad 15k, even govtech is 9k....
Govtdch freshgrad 9k???
Reply With Quote
  #1309 (permalink)  
Old 22-01-2021, 09:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yo how is everyone in ST? 😄
Reply With Quote
  #1310 (permalink)  
Old 22-01-2021, 09:56 PM
Iamyolo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi, what is st mean?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
After Getting Diploma from Aerospace Electronics ? Dionne Monic Education and Personal Growth 6 10-02-2018 12:46 PM
Circuits and Electronics Engineering Tutor yice Income and Jobs 2 29-10-2012 04:02 PM
Electronics Design Course Promotion sthua Education and Personal Growth 1 16-08-2012 05:50 AM
Production Engineer (Electronics) curryrice Income and Jobs 1 25-03-2011 10:24 AM
How much does an electronics engineer get paid ? omara007 Income and Jobs 8 15-10-2009 08:03 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,960 Replies, 415,835 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,802 Replies, 3,717,279 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
303 Replies, 189,983 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
374 Replies, 165,282 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,217 Replies, 4,077,304 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
190 Replies, 78,732 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
186 Replies, 53,164 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
686 Replies, 199,492 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
458 Replies, 110,726 Views
Starting pay for fresh grad? ( 1 2 3)
26 Replies, 22,416 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,722 Replies, 1,515,238 Views
Restructuring and insolvency
5 Replies, 347 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
120 Replies, 104,533 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,202 Replies, 352,400 Views
Working at Accenture ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 8,870 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
374 Replies, 318,224 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,680 Replies, 6,655,725 Views
Fresh Grad from local U cant find... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
73 Replies, 28,617 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,960 Replies, 1,168,869 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,008 Replies, 470,525 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
455 Replies, 99,613 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
238 Replies, 229,454 Views
Asset Management Salary ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 870 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,040 Replies, 1,390,998 Views
Part-time Higher NITEC in...
6 Replies, 4,726 Views
GIC career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
288 Replies, 401,851 Views
Details about how to get PMP...
1 Replies, 504 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2