Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Sales and trading at tier 1 banks (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3027-sales-trading-tier-1-banks.html)

BB_FO 21-08-2013 04:46 PM

Sales and trading at tier 1 banks

how much can 1 expect to get
????

warning 21-08-2013 06:44 PM

if you can get an offer from a tier 1 bank in sales and trading, I think you'll be smart enough to have other means of finding out such information

BB_FO 21-08-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warning (Post 41494)
if you can get an offer from a tier 1 bank in sales and trading, I think you'll be smart enough to have other means of finding out such information

pls dun be so presumptuous.... I hear a wide range of number....

too wide in fact.... when it shouldnt be the case for the 1st 3 years

realkly if you got nothing to contribute... pls STFU :mad::mad::mad:

Unregistered 21-08-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB_FO (Post 41496)

now now now, there's no need to get abusive here, despite the fact that tempers are usually shorter on trading floors and profanities more prevalent.

you are correct to note that there is a significant variation, but what is large to you may not be large in the grand scheme of things.

that said, the previous poster does make a good point, albeit a little blunt. if you are in s&t, you wouldn't be asking that question here. a survivor in markets would have found out the answer elsewhere already.

Unregistered 21-08-2013 11:50 PM

Even if his ignorance and quite obviously low intelligence doesn't get him booted out, his poor attitude will surely not get him too far ahead.

Another banker wannabe...

Unregistered 21-08-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41501)
now now now, there's no need to get abusive here, despite the fact that tempers are usually shorter on trading floors and profanities more prevalent.

you are correct to note that there is a significant variation, but what is large to you may not be large in the grand scheme of things.

that said, the previous poster does make a good point, albeit a little blunt. if you are in s&t, you wouldn't be asking that question here. a survivor in markets would have found out the answer elsewhere already.

well I have to start somewhere and how do you know I have not done my research and seeking for other source of info to confirm....

i didnt know that I am suppose to know everything and cant ask? in anycase even if not for my benefits, casual readers can learn

I am sorry but I really do not have time for smart alecky comments...

I really appreicate if you have any info to share...

otherwise pls....

Unregistered 22-08-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

with such an attitude you'll definitely survive in there!!! :D

Unregistered 23-08-2013 12:27 PM

Depends on your exp. If you join as entry trader trainee basic is ~10-12k bonus on average about 10-12 mths. If exp trader basic can go up to 25K and the good ones can get >24 mth bonus.

Unregistered 23-08-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41544)
Depends on your exp. If you join as entry trader trainee basic is ~10-12k bonus on average about 10-12 mths. If exp trader basic can go up to 25K and the good ones can get >24 mth bonus.

So in other words, an entry level trader starts at 200k per annum thereabout, right?

Unregistered 23-08-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Woh, what an arse!
You've got the quality to succeed.