Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   is 4300SGD a good salary to come to singapore from chennai (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2965-4300sgd-good-salary-come-singapore-chennai.html)

fromchennai 02-08-2013 10:15 PM

is 4300SGD a good salary to come to singapore from chennai

Hi Guys

How are you ?

I'm from chennai(India). I work in IT industry.

A company called me today and they told me that they can offer 4300SGD as salary. They told that it is a 1 year renewable contractual Positon.

I'm an unix administrator from chennai with 6 years of experience. I don't have any idea about the cost of living in singapore.

I need to know if 4300SGD is a good salary to stay in Singapore. What would be the expenses for a person ? Can I save money and send it to India ?

Please let me know.

Unregistered 02-08-2013 11:02 PM

Rental would be about 1500-1800 depending on how large your room or if you want to rent out a hall unit instead. Cost of living for one person would be about $800/mth. Thats considered frugal and without private transport. Means taking public transport all the way. You would still have enough to send back to your home country but you will not be living a very lavish and comfortable lifestyle.

Unregistered 02-08-2013 11:06 PM

Rental for a room can cost as low as 600-700, 900 and below of a master bedroom with air condition. but i am sure the company will be able to make arrangements for your accommodation. considering you will not be liable for cpf deductions, 4.3k is what you are taking home, it is comfortable salary as one would have to be earning 5.375k in singapore to be bringing home 4.3k.

Unregistered 05-08-2013 09:39 AM

SGD4300 should allow you to live slightly better than a low income group lifestyle in Singapore if you downgrade accomodation.

Unregistered 06-08-2013 06:37 PM

Given the cost of living in Singapore, 4300SGD is way too low.
Ask for at least 20% more.

Unregistered 06-08-2013 07:02 PM

Too low

4300 is considered low salary here. u will be stuck at this pay for your entire stay. please ask for at least 50% more. if not, u will be living like a pauper.

Unregistered 06-08-2013 07:36 PM

wow, with 50% more, u will earn more than many locals in Singapore.
Congratulations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40872)
4300 is considered low salary here. u will be stuck at this pay for your entire stay. please ask for at least 50% more. if not, u will be living like a pauper.

Unregistered 06-08-2013 10:16 PM

don't come to singapore

we have enough foreign talents here. stay in india or go somewhere else.

Hansolo 07-08-2013 06:57 PM

Don't bother coming to Singapore. You are stealing our rice bowl and most of us does not get a starting salary like you wish. We have excess foreign workers. Go back thank you.

Unregistered 07-08-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hansolo (Post 40922)
Don't bother coming to Singapore. You are stealing our rice bowl and most of us does not get a starting salary like you wish. We have excess foreign workers. Go back thank you.

I am a Singaporean but I do not like your mentality. You are scared of competition. We all were "foreigners" once. And on top of that, this Indian guy's salary is not his starting salary. He has 6 year of work experience.

If you really think you have the capability to survive and be your best then you should not worry whether you have competition from us singaporeans or from foreigners. Either way you will have to survive the competition. In a way you are demeaning us singaporeans by saying that you can survive competition from us but cannot survive competition from others. Wth.