Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Keppel logistic (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2926-keppel-logistic.html)

FreshGraduate 17-07-2013 12:29 PM

Keppel logistic

Want to check with the forumer of salary.sg the job prospect and remuneration for keppel logistic.

How's the working life over there? Hectic hour? Job prospect? Salary?

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Unregistered 17-07-2013 02:50 PM

Keppel is famous in the market for paying average base and high bonus, but they really work you like a cow

FreshGraduate 17-07-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40024)
Keppel is famous in the market for paying average base and high bonus, but they really work you like a cow

Thanks for the info. May I check on the job prospect? If I'm entering keppel in a scholarship track would it be a little more promising in term of prospect and work life balance?

Unregistered 17-07-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreshGraduate (Post 40025)
Thanks for the info. May I check on the job prospect? If I'm entering keppel in a scholarship track would it be a little more promising in term of prospect and work life balance?

Keppel scholarships are just disguised employment bonds for fresh grads, not like civil service means scholar got fast track. If u want work life balance, Keppel really isnt the place to be in.

People cheong like mad there because a A+ can get 10-12 mth bonus and below C can get zero. The culture there is like that, if u r those steady take ur time want to knock off at 630 kind better rethink twice.

FreshGraduate 17-07-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40027)
Keppel scholarships are just disguised employment bonds for fresh grads, not like civil service means scholar got fast track. If u want work life balance, Keppel really isnt the place to be in.

People cheong like mad there because a A+ can get 10-12 mth bonus and below C can get zero. The culture there is like that, if u r those steady take ur time want to knock off at 630 kind better rethink twice.

Thanks for the info. But does all business unit under keppel enjoys the same fat bonus too? Keppel logistic doesn't seem to enjoy the high profile like keppel oil and gas and FELS. Am I right to say that?

Unregistered 17-07-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreshGraduate (Post 40031)
Thanks for the info. But does all business unit under keppel enjoys the same fat bonus too? Keppel logistic doesn't seem to enjoy the high profile like keppel oil and gas and FELS. Am I right to say that?

Keppel Logistics is a small player for 3PL, warehousing, logistics as compared to the logistics MNCs like Schenker and DHL. Its main business is probably from the KepCorp group.

You are right and you should find out whether they enjoy the same group bonuses.

FreshGraduate 18-07-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40033)
Keppel Logistics is a small player for 3PL, warehousing, logistics as compared to the logistics MNCs like Schenker and DHL. Its main business is probably from the KepCorp group.

You are right and you should find out whether they enjoy the same group bonuses.

Yes exactly. Hopefully someone working in keppel logistic will give an insight of the pay and job prospect. Thanks!

Unregistered 18-07-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreshGraduate (Post 40057)
Yes exactly. Hopefully someone working in keppel logistic will give an insight of the pay and job prospect. Thanks!

I was from the datahouse side which is under the same entity (Keppel T&T) as the logistics side. Bonuses are not as high as O&M or Property side, A+ last year only ~6months, B grader is about 2-3 months.

Scholarship under Keppel is crap one, the career progression and work hours will be the same as joining as a fresh grad exec, except you have to bond with them since they pay for your L&D.

A lot of such fake "scholars" come here then realise kana con and end up with average pay & bonus but clock up ridiculous amount of work hours also LLST since bonded. Datahouse side average was about 65-70hr work week. Caveat emptor.

FreshGraduate 18-07-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40061)
I was from the datahouse side which is under the same entity (Keppel T&T) as the logistics side. Bonuses are not as high as O&M or Property side, A+ last year only ~6months, B grader is about 2-3 months.

Scholarship under Keppel is crap one, the career progression and work hours will be the same as joining as a fresh grad exec, except you have to bond with them since they pay for your L&D.

A lot of such fake "scholars" come here then realise kana con and end up with average pay & bonus but clock up ridiculous amount of work hours also LLST since bonded. Datahouse side average was about 65-70hr work week. Caveat emptor.

Thanks for the info! May I know the pay structure like? 65-70hr work week is kinda crazy! I guess there isn't any OT pay and compensation right?

Unregistered 18-07-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreshGraduate (Post 40062)
Thanks for the info! May I know the pay structure like? 65-70hr work week is kinda crazy! I guess there isn't any OT pay and compensation right?

You will join as E4 grade which has no OT. Not sure abt pay structure but it is typical GLC average, if you dont screw up and perform average most likely reach 5k+ in about 7 years.

Actually >60hr work week is very common nowadays in pte sector, just that in Keppel T&T not worth as the pay increase and bonus not attractive. I hope you are seriously not thinking of working <60hrs work week in your 1st job.... If having work life balance is important to you better go and work in a stat board or ministry. My sincere advice.