Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How do i earn more money $$$? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2847-how-do-i-earn-more-money.html)

icyboy 18-06-2013 11:25 AM

How do i earn more money $$$?
 
Im 24 dip grad. Working for family business, now drawing 1.7k/mth. Though i was told within 4-5 years will be 5k. Is this low/high or average? Is there a way to make more??:confused:

Wanted more money, so I just got a weekend sales job which probably will boost my total salary to minimal 2.1K + comission.

I have friend do illegal business (But not drugs), he say can make 15k/mth.

looks like go the correct path cannot make money one :(

Unregistered 18-06-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icyboy (Post 38783)
Im 24 dip grad. Working for family business, now drawing 1.7k/mth. Though i was told within 4-5 years will be 5k. Is this low/high or average? Is there a way to make more??:confused:

Wanted more money, so I just got a weekend sales job which probably will boost my total salary to minimal 2.1K + comission.

I have friend do illegal business (But not drugs), he say can make 15k/mth.

looks like go the correct path cannot make money one :(

Err, I think 5k is quite alright for a diploma holder. But how long have you been working for that company? 24 years old, how long did you take to get your diploma? What is your diploma in?

Hermit 19-06-2013 05:34 PM

Icyboy, do not let envy bring you down the path of crime. Money is best best earned slowly. On the other hand, I don't like the idea of working for family as the salary progression is usually not competitive. Some people regret after working for their relatives for decades but it is usually too late.

Unregistered 19-06-2013 07:51 PM

do black thing earn most. why not you consider being OKT. LOL

Unregistered 21-06-2013 02:14 AM

working for family business is good, only if the business owner is your parent.

icyboy 21-06-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 38913)
working for family business is good, only if the business owner is your parent.

Yeah, business owner is my parent.

icyboy 21-06-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermit (Post 38828)
Icyboy, do not let envy bring you down the path of crime. Money is best best earned slowly. On the other hand, I don't like the idea of working for family as the salary progression is usually not competitive. Some people regret after working for their relatives for decades but it is usually too late.

True money is best earned slowly. But even in legal business also alot of underhand things. :(

For example, our company lend credit terms to customers. One indon company managed to go "bankrupt" and moved all their assets, thus refusing liability to pay. The amount was $20k++.

My parents are the biz owner, so its just my parents and me. Don't think have any other choice of career although it is not exactly a dream job.

icyboy 21-06-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 38841)
do black thing earn most. why not you consider being OKT. LOL

Lol, dont think so easy bah.

Probably have to be in a "gang" to operate such business.
you also have to be fluent in thai/vietnamese to speak with those "girls" and arrange for air ticket/place to stay etc.

Also need a website for customers to "view".

Quite a hassle actually, also police are always cracking down such activities.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2