Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   need advice... in a dilemma (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2838-need-advice-dilemma.html)

tgb 14-06-2013 12:48 AM

need advice... in a dilemma
 
i went to company A for an interview on 3rd june.
on the 13th june i went for an interview at company B.
On the 14th june in the next morning i got a call from company A that i was shortlisted for 2nd round of interview and i accepted. In the afternoon, i got a call from company B tat i was accepted and requires my confirmation by tomorrow...

as i wan to be honest with company B n so i told them i just received another interview call and i will need time to evaluate and consider... just got reply from that i must confirm by tomorrow....

from the interview wif company B, i can see that they r a very dynamic n aggressive mnc ,just newly incorporated (only a few yrs) ... the position is an entry level position as i do not have relevant experience... i think i will enjoy working with the manager n i will love the challenges the position can provide based on wat the manager had shared...

company A is a mnc but i m struggling to determine its size that will allow me to make a comparison wif company B. the position is a middle exec position and i have afew yrs relevant experience although both r in the same field n requires the same education.... but from the scope of the work, it will offer me more experience so that i can still stay employable in case of retrenchment

both of them command the same interest level to me...

i am being humble n i know that i m at their mercy since i m a jobseeker... i do not wan to lose both opportunity in the end ... but i actually like to hear wat company A has to say so tat i will not regret on my choice nxt time if things dun turn out well...

what should i do? n what will u do?

Unregistered 14-06-2013 09:04 AM

i feel that this company B should give u around a week to consider so as to be fair..if they demand immediate answer or come close to threatening like take it or leave it, then i think they are not showing any sincerity and do not really value you.

war_path 14-06-2013 09:35 AM

Looks like Company B is in a hurry to fill up the position or has many alternative candidates. At the end of the day low level jobs are like that one, they want to play hardball you don't have any cards to play with anyway.

It all depends how desperate you are for a job and what is your current situation. If you are unemployed/desperate to get out of current company, dont push your luck and just accept Company B since this kind of kuching kurup exec level they most likely have 3-4 other backups and will not hesitate to drop you.

If you are employed and ok with hanging around current company, can consider take risk to drag Company B and see if possible for them to wait until you finish talking to Company A, but chances quite low if you ask me.

Unregistered 14-06-2013 10:34 AM

hmm. u may try my friend style. but a bit cb.
He accept company B. still got a. then when found out a better, tell b not joining. As by right the letter of appointment will indicate that if first day no come for job mean dont want. but u can call earlier also. my friend do this and when company a cfm him he say he can start work ealier as when he accept company b he alraedy resign from current company.

tgb 14-06-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 38608)
hmm. u may try my friend style. but a bit cb.
He accept company B. still got a. then when found out a better, tell b not joining. As by right the letter of appointment will indicate that if first day no come for job mean dont want. but u can call earlier also. my friend do this and when company a cfm him he say he can start work ealier as when he accept company b he alraedy resign from current company.

appreciate ur kind advice. tot about it, but i think this is not ethical so i really cant make this choice.. not trying to be a saint though... anyway i think i will just tell B the truth n i think i risk losing the offer n God bless me Amen :(

Unregistered 14-06-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by war_path (Post 38603)
Looks like Company B is in a hurry to fill up the position or has many alternative candidates. At the end of the day low level jobs are like that one, they want to play hardball you don't have any cards to play with anyway.

It all depends how desperate you are for a job and what is your current situation. If you are unemployed/desperate to get out of current company, dont push your luck and just accept Company B since this kind of kuching kurup exec level they most likely have 3-4 other backups and will not hesitate to drop you.

If you are employed and ok with hanging around current company, can consider take risk to drag Company B and see if possible for them to wait until you finish talking to Company A, but chances quite low if you ask me.

This is the most sensible advice


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2