Research Engineer @ Singapore polytechnic - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Research Engineer @ Singapore polytechnic

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2013, 11:23 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 6
fizzy123 is on a distinguished road
Default Research Engineer @ Singapore polytechnic

Hi all,

I chance upon this forum while trying to search for the salary rates for research engineer at Singapore polytechnic.

Does anyone here knows the salary range for a research engineer in Singapore poly's Advanced Materials Technology Centre?

The job advertisement put degree/masters qualification but did not state the years of experience required. I have roughly 3 years of experience that is some what related to the job, so how much can I reasonably request for?

Lastly, how is the working life like in a typical technology centre of a polytechnic

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2013, 12:12 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzy123 View Post
Hi all,

I chance upon this forum while trying to search for the salary rates for research engineer at Singapore polytechnic.

Does anyone here knows the salary range for a research engineer in Singapore poly's Advanced Materials Technology Centre?

The job advertisement put degree/masters qualification but did not state the years of experience required. I have roughly 3 years of experience that is some what related to the job, so how much can I reasonably request for?

Lastly, how is the working life like in a typical technology centre of a polytechnic
most likely you will get around 3k-3.6k
Environment is aright...

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2013, 12:33 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 6
fizzy123 is on a distinguished road
Default

Hi, I forget to add, I am from a material science degree background but with a 2nd lower division.

As for the environment, were you from that technology centre? If so, can shed more light about it?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzy123 View Post
Hi, I forget to add, I am from a material science degree background but with a 2nd lower division.

As for the environment, were you from that technology centre? If so, can shed more light about it?
the maximum you can get 3.6k but chances are low. are they offering you 2 years contract? you salary come from the research funding...so they won't pay you more than 4k

Btw, what is your age..? some lucky RE get to become a lecturer after end of contract
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 6
fizzy123 is on a distinguished road
Default

I am thirty this year. Was quite surprise that they even bothered to consider my application as I am not a 2nd upper. Perhaps, AMTC style of leadership[ is not like the A*Star syndicate, where by qualification is the sole judging criteria.

I am posting this question here as I will be going for their interview very soon, so just want to get an idea of the salary range. So they are also under contract? But I notice their research projects are mostly industrial oriented, so if say they are collaborating with a external company, does this mean the salary might be higher?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2013, 11:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzy123 View Post
I am thirty this year. Was quite surprise that they even bothered to consider my application as I am not a 2nd upper. Perhaps, AMTC style of leadership[ is not like the A*Star syndicate, where by qualification is the sole judging criteria.

I am posting this question here as I will be going for their interview very soon, so just want to get an idea of the salary range. So they are also under contract? But I notice their research projects are mostly industrial oriented, so if say they are collaborating with a external company, does this mean the salary might be higher?
base on the past history , they have hired 2nd lower and a pass degree for Research Engineer graduated from NTU before. Most research will claimed to be collaborating with external company because this is one of the criteria for them to secure funding from the authority....usually are from NRF and MOE

trust me, if you can get 3.5k think the lucky star is shining on you. after the end of contract, you will received some bonus but there is no PB for RE
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2013, 11:48 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 6
fizzy123 is on a distinguished road
Default

Hmm... so 3.5K seems to be like the upper limit.

Btw, do you happen to be ex/ present management personnel of a polytechnic or A*star? You seem to be extremely knowledgeable about their inner workings.

So from what you typed, there is no PB, but is there AWS?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2013, 12:10 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzy123 View Post
Hmm... so 3.5K seems to be like the upper limit.

Btw, do you happen to be ex/ present management personnel of a polytechnic or A*star? You seem to be extremely knowledgeable about their inner workings.

So from what you typed, there is no PB, but is there AWS?
I'm just a junior worker...no joke....most likely should be 3k-3.2k hopefully can gwt more after the recently salary adjustment

U will still receive the 13th month AWS. all this remunerations have been included in the funding that the principal investigator had put up
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 24-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi,

i wanna know as a Management Support Officer with local diploma ceft, have at least 5 yrs experience in education industry. (total 15 yrs admin experiences) how much can I ask for? and what is the best limit of $ i can ask for? thanks
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 22-01-2017, 10:43 AM
Unregistered1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi guys. I would like to ask you guys, what are the career prospects for research engineer? And what are the companies has career in research engineer? I'm studying mechnical engineering in Uni by the way.


SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
15% pay cut from private sector to teach in Polytechnic fuzzyjas Income and Jobs 1435 16-03-2019 11:01 AM
Polytechnic lecturer salary range happicat Income and Jobs 10 25-06-2015 10:48 AM
software engineer job as a fresh graduate in Singapore? roller Income and Jobs 12 11-01-2014 09:57 PM
Research Exec - market research HideSpore Income and Jobs 16 12-11-2013 11:22 PM
Advise on polytechnic courses jonathan920 Income and Jobs 3 09-07-2010 02:39 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,572 Replies, 661,045 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
711 Replies, 355,379 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,519 Replies, 1,477,795 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,306 Replies, 4,619,406 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,717 Replies, 3,398,053 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,345 Replies, 821,772 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
61 Replies, 29,446 Views
Personal Banker for Fresh Grad
3 Replies, 258 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
98 Replies, 26,037 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 15,439 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,544 Replies, 402,815 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
807 Replies, 604,778 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,428 Replies, 1,588,915 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
103 Replies, 53,040 Views
Changing industry
0 Replies, 88 Views
Breaking the Letter Of Commitment... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 12,005 Views
FairPrice Supermarket ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 4,277 Views
how much shall I expect for a vp... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
51 Replies, 59,589 Views
Working Culture in IRAS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
46 Replies, 53,946 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
991 Replies, 405,613 Views
How to get into Banking industry? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
46 Replies, 4,385 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
47 Replies, 93,581 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
84 Replies, 71,175 Views
Pay for digital marketing agencies
3 Replies, 1,103 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,703 Replies, 1,133,546 Views
Pay grade at CSA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
40 Replies, 5,614 Views
Commercial Affairs Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
98 Replies, 58,482 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2