Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2718-exxon-mobil-equipment-tech-operations-tech.html)

Unregistered 16-03-2016 06:25 PM

Interview Results

I attended the interview of Operations Technician on 26 Feb. They initially said the results would be out mid march, 2 weeks or so after the interview.

I just checked with HR today and they mentioned that the hiring managers decided to postpone the results till the end of the month. So I would assume the call would only come in April or even later than that, if you are successfully shortlisted.

So guys, do update each other via this forum if you do hear any news/ call regarding the interview results. I wish you guys all the best of luck! Its gonna be a long wait.

Unregistered 16-03-2016 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81450)
Same here. Goes on the 25th. Anyway which position u guys applied for?

operation tech position.

Unregistered 16-03-2016 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81451)
I attended the interview of Operations Technician on 26 Feb. They initially said the results would be out mid march, 2 weeks or so after the interview.

I just checked with HR today and they mentioned that the hiring managers decided to postpone the results till the end of the month. So I would assume the call would only come in April or even later than that, if you are successfully shortlisted.

So guys, do update each other via this forum if you do hear any news/ call regarding the interview results. I wish you guys all the best of luck! Its gonna be a long wait.

hi ,which HR did you called ? Bangkok ? The toll free line can't connect .

Unregistered 16-03-2016 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81453)
hi ,which HR did you called ? Bangkok ? The toll free line can't connect .

Yes. Toll Free lines stated in the email for interview invitation.

Unregistered 16-03-2016 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81454)
Yes. Toll Free lines stated in the email for interview invitation.

That mean just 1 interview ?

Unregistered 16-03-2016 09:35 PM

How many intakes they have this year?

Unregistered 16-03-2016 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81451)

Did you ask the hr when is the next intake?

Unregistered 16-03-2016 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81467)
Did you ask the hr when is the next intake?

Should be sometime mid year. June-July I presume. Any of you guys gonna give HR a call anytime soon ?

Unregistered 17-03-2016 01:29 PM

Hey guys, any of you got any info on other companies that are recruiting? You can share here also while all of us waiting for HR to reply. Thanks.

Unregistered 17-03-2016 03:43 PM

Any more of you guys tried to call HR regarding interview results?

Unregistered 18-03-2016 02:37 AM

Heard from a friend he received rejection letter from Exxon yesterday. He was shortlisted, and waiting for interview dates. They said that there were to many applications already. Anybody receive rejection letter also?

MacTavish 18-03-2016 11:46 AM

Any chance for a diploma in mechanical engineering able to get ops tech position in EM? I just apply for it. Currently working as a BIM modeller

Unregistered 18-03-2016 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81544)
Heard from a friend he received rejection letter from Exxon yesterday. He was shortlisted, and waiting for interview dates. They said that there were to many applications already. Anybody receive rejection letter also?

What do you mean? Did he go for the interview or not? I thought rejection letter only comes after you attend the interview and its unsuccessful.

Unregistered 18-03-2016 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacTavish (Post 81573)
Any chance for a diploma in mechanical engineering able to get ops tech position in EM? I just apply for it. Currently working as a BIM modeller

How did you "just apply", as the application window for Operations Technician is already closed quite a while back.

MacTavish 18-03-2016 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81581)
How did you "just apply", as the application window for Operations Technician is already closed quite a while back.

I went online thru their website. And i just apply thru there.

MacTavish 18-03-2016 05:05 PM

Anyone here who knows which O&G companies still hiring? Other than EM. Dont want to have high hopes & rely only on EM. Thanks

Unregistered 18-03-2016 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81576)
What do you mean? Did he go for the interview or not? I thought rejection letter only comes after you attend the interview and its unsuccessful.

he receive email from exxon. was told they would call him up during feb, to finalise the interview date.
he didnt receive any calls till now, but receive email saying that there were too many applications currently, and they cannot continue the recruitment process.

MacTavish 20-03-2016 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81609)
he receive email from exxon. was told they would call him up during feb, to finalise the interview date.
he didnt receive any calls till now, but receive email saying that there were too many applications currently, and they cannot continue the recruitment process.

Well.. looks like i dont have a chance of getting EM then.

Unregistered 21-03-2016 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacTavish (Post 81733)
Well.. looks like i dont have a chance of getting EM then.

You didnt went for any interview bro ?

MacTavish 21-03-2016 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81735)
You didnt went for any interview bro ?

Nope haven't bro. I just applied like 2 weeks ago, receive a candidate no. and status application received. Haizzzz

Unregistered 21-03-2016 10:46 AM

Anyone received any calls from HR yet regarding interview results? Especially those to attended the interview on 24/25/26 feb?

Unregistered 21-03-2016 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81759)
Anyone received any calls from HR yet regarding interview results? Especially those to attended the interview on 24/25/26 feb?

Not yet bro, maybe they will call us this week or next week. Have you tried calling them?

Unregistered 21-03-2016 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81761)
Not yet bro, maybe they will call us this week or next week. Have you tried calling them?

Hey bro. Have not called them as of late. When was the last you called HR and ask? What's up with the delay in the results? Any idea?

Unregistered 22-03-2016 12:29 PM

I applied on 22dec15,went for interview for ops tech position on 25th february was told to the an 'M' test which i believe M is for mechanical. And till now waiting for emails/calls.Keep ur choices open guys.Good luck to those who are waiting for interview and still waiting for confirmation.

Unregistered 22-03-2016 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81875)
I applied on 22dec15,went for interview for ops tech position on 25th february was told to the an 'M' test which i believe M is for mechanical. And till now waiting for emails/calls.Keep ur choices open guys.Good luck to those who are waiting for interview and still waiting for confirmation.

Have you tried to call HR and ask for the interview results? It's been a month of waiting for most of us. Any idea why they are taking this long?

Unregistered 22-03-2016 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81761)

Have you tried to contact HR ?

Unregistered 22-03-2016 03:07 PM

Hi bros, i went for the interview on the 26th. I was the very very last interviewee at 4pm. At the end of the interview, the manager handed me a letter to be passed to the HR ladies. This letter has boxes of M , N & E. Mine was ticked beside the E. What does M N & E means... Any clue guys?

Unregistered 22-03-2016 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81893)
Hi bros, i went for the interview on the 26th. I was the very very last interviewee at 4pm. At the end of the interview, the manager handed me a letter to be passed to the HR ladies. This letter has boxes of M , N & E. Mine was ticked beside the E. What does M N & E means... Any clue guys?

But did you do any test after that?

Unregistered 22-03-2016 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81893)

What sort of test did you sit for after the interview. M / N / E should be the different type of aptitude test. M = Mechanical, I presume.

What's your test like, describe to us in further detail so we can determine if the above mentioned is true.

Unregistered 22-03-2016 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81894)
But did you do any test after that?

I think the real question is, when is HR releasing the results for the interviews that were held end Feb, particularly 24/25/26.

Nobody seems to be calling HR, and the candidates have no clue as to why the long wait and the hold up for the results.

Any news guys? Anyone tried calling HR? If so, what did they say?

MacTavish 22-03-2016 04:01 PM

Hi guys, u have any idea when will be the next intake for EM?

Unregistered 22-03-2016 04:13 PM

I didnt attend any test after that. Were u guys handed this letter after the interview to pass it to the HR?

Unregistered 22-03-2016 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacTavish (Post 81899)
Hi guys, u have any idea when will be the next intake for EM?

I presume the each position is seasonal. Do not know how many times a year though.

With that being said, the current batch of candidates who went for the interview during end feb have not heard any news from HR regarding the results yet. So its gonna be a long wait my friend.

Unregistered 22-03-2016 04:38 PM

To add to that, if m means mechanical, what about N & E?

Unregistered 22-03-2016 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81900)
I didnt attend any test after that. Were u guys handed this letter after the interview to pass it to the HR?

I would presume most of us took a test though. Yes, was handed a slip to pass to HR, then followed by a test.

How did you think you fair for your interview? Was it good?

Have you tried calling HR?

Unregistered 22-03-2016 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81909)
To add to that, if m means mechanical, what about N & E?

Haven't got a slightest clue, my friend. These are just my assumptions. Do call and ask HR when will the interview results be out. That is your best bet.

Unregistered 22-03-2016 04:44 PM

Haha. So most of u went for the test? There goes my chance then. Guess i shall not wait for any calls from them then.

Unregistered 22-03-2016 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81912)
Haha. So most of u went for the test? There goes my chance then. Guess i shall not wait for any calls from them then.

Do not give up bro. You haven't got any rejection letter, I should think that you are still in the running for a position.

How did your interview go? Did you personally feel it went well?

Unregistered 22-03-2016 05:04 PM

If you dont go for the test, most probably they feel you dont require any test. May We know what cert u holding and ur previous/ current job? For me i need to go for M test. Mechanical test. Quite tough as Im previously from pharma company

Unregistered 22-03-2016 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81917)
If you dont go for the test, most probably they feel you dont require any test. May We know what cert u holding and ur previous/ current job? For me i need to go for M test. Mechanical test. Quite tough as Im previously from pharma company

I tried to call HR Bangkok but to no avail. It seem that they still rounding up the result.