Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2718-exxon-mobil-equipment-tech-operations-tech.html)

Unregistered 21-06-2013 02:08 PM

Dont give up just yet bro Marc. Ive attempted this application since I was 24 yrs old and only now at 28 i get a chance for an interview. If you didnt get this time, You might want to look at your CV and resume again and get someone to proof read them?

Best of luck!

Sk8terboi 21-06-2013 03:46 PM

The whole interview is 4 hours. First a plant tour followed by interview. A total of 6 of us. So if u r the lucky one u will be the last when the interviewer is kinda switched off and uninterested. Best wishes to all bros! Hope u guys get lucky! I rmb if not wrong they will confirm u on the spot like the 1 before me in the interview selection process. Keep this thread going. I m kinda sad, but my froend who is working there says its actually a blessing in disguise. Don't know why he says that until really experience then know. Hope u guys get selected and all the best to all bros!

Unregistered 21-06-2013 04:30 PM

So I supposed its either you clinched the job there and then or its the typical 'We' will call you if you are selected' kinda thing huh...

Anyways, thanks for the heads up!

marcwkm 21-06-2013 07:40 PM

Really? What i heard from my frens are there will be a second interview and a test before they select you.

Never heard of immediate hire on the spot, that is quite depressing when you realize that you aint selected that day itself.

Bro 4 years then they call you up? Seriously...EM seems to like the number 4 alot. Anyway did you get the job?

Unregistered 22-06-2013 12:40 AM

I applied for every single openings available each year..only this time i received an interview invitation from them.

I hope i make the best out of it this monday. Just like you, i wanted this job badly.

sk8terboi 22-06-2013 01:27 AM

u want the job badly because of the pay right? the high shift allowance right? hehe.. we all work for the common thing $ in this world. I seriously nv knew there is a second interview. I tot is hire on the spot. just asking. is it true that we can hit 4k gross salary at exxonmobil? any bros here knows how long does it takes for them to recontact u?

Sicness 24-06-2013 01:16 AM

Woohoo.. got an email from them n they asked me to come down for an interview.. the call came from an overseas number, Thailand to be exact... the HR from there... feeling excited and nervous at the same time.. it's been 4mths of waiting for their reply... i've applied for operation technician.. hope to get to know the pros n cons of an operation technician...

marcwkm 24-06-2013 08:29 AM

Sicness, whats your highest qualification?

UnregisteredB 24-06-2013 07:43 PM

Interview

I just had a interview at EM this morning

UnregisteredB 24-06-2013 07:48 PM

forgot to add on, apply as a Op Tech ~ Fresh grad dip 1.7k only for me :/ why ah