Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2718-exxon-mobil-equipment-tech-operations-tech.html)

kelvin 02-06-2013 07:37 PM

Hi maxco, have u accept the offer? How much basic they giving?

vin 02-06-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvin (Post 37931)
Hi guys, i went into exxon mobil career search i notice Equipment Technicians and ops technicians both position only require N-level cert for diploma holder starting pay package will be the same as N-level candidate?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopeful (Post 37356)
I believe for fresh diploma is $1800 basic plus $980 shift allowance for ops tech, equipment tech no idea..

hi bro, im from aviation line thinking of switching to exxonmobil as tech due to low advancement , slow increment, almost everyday spend at work without much family time and taking on average 2.5k-3k mthly after 8yrs in service in my current job running on 8hrs shift work plus pathetic controlled OT = unstable income or little family time. i seen n heard some news abt EM that there is 12hrs shift but im not sure which tech having the 12hrs swift to choose as there is a few eg. operation tech, analyzer tech, equipment tech, machinery tech, laboratory tech but i dun see any process tech like i seen in other oil company. so with irrelevant job experience to switch over, therefore need advice from u kind guys who r in EM already. any idea when r their recruitment closing date?

vin 02-06-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvin (Post 37931)
Hi guys, i went into exxon mobil career search i notice Equipment Technicians and ops technicians both position only require N-level cert for diploma holder starting pay package will be the same as N-level candidate?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopeful (Post 37356)
I believe for fresh diploma is $1800 basic plus $980 shift allowance for ops tech, equipment tech no idea..

hi bro, im from aviation line thinking of switching to exxonmobil as tech due to low advancement , slow increment, almost everyday spend at work without much family time and taking on average 2.5k-3k mthly after 8yrs in service in my current job running on 8hrs shift work plus pathetic controlled OT = unstable income or little family time. i seen n heard some news abt EM that there is 12hrs shift but im not sure which tech having the 12hrs swift to choose as there is a few eg. operation tech, analyzer tech, equipment tech, machinery tech, laboratory tech but i dun see any process tech like i seen in other oil company. so with irrelevant job experience to switch over, therefore need advice from u kind guys who r in EM already. any idea when r their recruitment closing date? how is their annually increment and bonuses be? is it hard to get into exxonmobil? sorry for asking too much cos i been struggling to make tis decision of switching. thank u guys so much.

hopeful 02-06-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vin (Post 37959)
hi bro, im from aviation line thinking of switching to exxonmobil as tech due to low advancement , slow increment, almost everyday spend at wDidn't ithout much family time and taking on average 2.5k-3k mthly after 8yrs in service in my current job running on 8hrs shift work plus pathetic controlled OT = unstable income or little family time. i seen n heard some news abt EM that there is 12hrs shift but im not sure which tech having the 12hrs swift to choose as there is a few eg. operation tech, analyzer tech, equipment tech, machinery tech, laboratory tech but i dun see any process tech like i seen in other oil company. so with irrelevant job experience to switch over, therefore need advice from u kind guys who r in EM already. any idea when r their recruitment closing date?

Operations tech are the ones doing the 12hour shifts. Process tech = operations tech, they are the same thing.

I went for the ExxonMobil interview and pass without any relevant experience, so I think it's more on how you present yourself to be a good fit for the job. Didn't take up the job in the end as I decided on another oil company.

vin 03-06-2013 12:02 AM

oh i see.. but isnt exxonmobil the best pay and other benefits in oil trade? i have seen quite a number of other oil company having recruitment with some giving higher pay than ExxonM, but bonuses and benefit might not as good maybe, tis im uncertain as well. how long they take to reply after u send over ur resume? any tips abt the questions being ask by them? actually a group of my current team wanted to switch over too as they heard rumors tat @ exxonMobil its very good pay n having balance working life, but all r not sure how true it is.

tangwp 11-06-2013 12:09 AM

Anyone can share their interview experience at EM? What is the question they asked? I got an interview on next week from 8am to 12pm. Is that they will complete 1st and 2nd interview in one day if shortlisted?

Unregistered 11-06-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tangwp (Post 38411)
Anyone can share their interview experience at EM? What is the question they asked? I got an interview on next week from 8am to 12pm. Is that they will complete 1st and 2nd interview in one day if shortlisted?

Hi tangwp.. since when u apply n send ur resume till they reply to u for interview? They call u up or email u for it? Wats ur previous occupation? Thankz

tangwp 11-06-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 38441)
Hi tangwp.. since when u apply n send ur resume till they reply to u for interview? They call u up or email u for it? Wats ur previous occupation? Thankz

I appied on april and last 2 weeks onoy got the replied, they will informed via email and called up for more details.

Hansolo 12-06-2013 09:17 AM

Hi bros,

I have applied for ops tech for more than 3months ago and still hoping that they will call me up for an interview. My buddies told me some of them waited for 4 months before getting one. But too bad by then, they have already gotten a job with another oil company.

Anybody here has been waiting for 3-4 months for their call for interview?

Hansolo 12-06-2013 09:19 AM

Hi bros,

I have applied for ops tech for more than 3months ago and still hoping that they will call me up for an interview. My buddies told me some of them waited for 4 months before getting one. But too bad by then, they have already gotten a job with another oil company.

Anybody here has been waiting for 3-4 months for their call for interview? My application status at EM website states "application under review". Prays hard!