Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2718-exxon-mobil-equipment-tech-operations-tech.html)

Unregistered 24-11-2021 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191222)
Hi, I understand your frustrations with the company after what has happened to your fellow colleagues and I do hope the best for them. It’s has been a rough patch for everyone lately and just like you everyone has a family to feed at home too. Hopefully things will be better for us all in the time to come.

Exxonmobil was paying dividends to its shareholders considered rough patch?

This year given the go-ahead to continue to spend money on plant expansion, also considered rough patch?

Just like the new hires, my former colleagues who have spent years toiling for EM also have families to feed. I choose my former colleagues than the new hires, in a heartbeat.

When Exxonmobil chose to terminate or put my former colleagues through this misery, have they thought about our families? I highly doubt so

Unregistered 24-11-2021 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191224)
This behaviour is quite toxic sia. I left the company 5 months ago (was an engineer from engineering services) because the company’s management really CMI. We can hate the company but the new guys did nothing wrong.

New guys did nothing wrong - true. They’ll just have to stand in the crossfire between us and the company. If they survive, fair enough.

So many have left that there is a serious manpower crunch. We will concentrate on doing our core work so that we don’t get PIP. So, no time to teach the new hires.

Unregistered 24-11-2021 09:32 PM

A mountain of old equipment which needs to be repaired are being nursed back to “barely usable” status. We, the Techs, are doing extra job to take care of these equipment so that they can work. When it breaks down just after a few weeks of “repair”, we are accused of not doing our part to perform our “Operator Basic Care”.

Piping leaks happening regularly, on top of the already leaked pipelines. And we’re expected to do what? After many decades of raking in obscene profits, and EM tells us that they don’t have money?

Unregistered 24-11-2021 09:35 PM

The next incident which the Management wants to sweep under the carpet will be posted here. Check out this space for news.

Unregistered 24-11-2021 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191347)

This year given the go-ahead to continue to spend money on plant expansion, also considered rough patch?

Just like the new hires, my former colleagues who have spent years toiling for EM also have families to feed. I choose my former colleagues than the new hires, in a heartbeat.

When Exxonmobil chose to terminate or put my former colleagues through this misery, have they thought about our families? I highly doubt so

There is nothing we can do if a company wants to terminate. Dont take it that a company has to treat us well if we worked hard for them. Just remember the good times and be prepared for rainy days when you no longer have a job.

Unregistered 24-11-2021 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191347)

If you’re so unhappy with EM then why still stay in EM? Just because things don’t go your way you don’t have to put others in misery. I believe you wouldn’t want to be put in this position as well if you’re a new hire. Be thankful you still have a job to keep and not be the unfortunate one to be retrenched.

Unregistered 25-11-2021 05:33 AM

It would have been unwise for Exxon to retrench us. Just look at the situation now with the guys who have already left due to termination & resignation. Who runs the plant without the techs now, when demand picks up?

Unregistered 25-11-2021 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191374)
It would have been unwise for Exxon to retrench us. Just look at the situation now with the guys who have already left due to termination & resignation. Who runs the plant without the techs now, when demand picks up?

You should be in the industry long enough to know that retrenchment is not uncommon. Don't sound like Exxon cannot survive without you or the experienced techs. The world is ever changing. The industry is unlike the past and is facing a major threat. Big oil companies are under pressure to make a shift from traditional oil products. You may still keep your job this year but it will be unwise to think that you will still have a job next year.

Unregistered 25-11-2021 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191379)
You should be in the industry long enough to know that retrenchment is not uncommon. Don't sound like Exxon cannot survive without you or the experienced techs. The world is ever changing. The industry is unlike the past and is facing a major threat. Big oil companies are under pressure to make a shift from traditional oil products. You may still keep your job this year but it will be unwise to think that you will still have a job next year.

Yayaya.. Lol stfu

Unregistered 25-11-2021 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191374)

Technicians very big meh? You guys weren’t even affected by workforce study