Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech? - Page 130 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech?

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1291 (permalink)  
Old 16-05-2018, 09:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisto View Post
I applied for Ops Tech (EXP) in Feb, interview was in March. 2 interviews back to back. Got the "You passed the interview" email in early April and was asked to go medical. 2 weeks later, near end Apr, got the offer letter but was told not to resign until they call you again. Start date 23 July.

2 more person who I personally know, only received the successful interview last week. Another was end April. All of us 23 July intake, experienced or inexperienced.
Same case as you bro. Yet to receive anything after the offer letter n even medical cleared. So I am not sure whatís the delay n etc. my friend also waiting like us. Start date 23rd July as well.

I was told mostly once offer letter received more or less you already got the job.



SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #1292 (permalink)  
Old 17-05-2018, 06:28 PM
Habi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Offer letter received & accepted. 1 month after that I received a call and was told that Dr has deemed me unfit to work for Exxon. Anyone Happen before? They told me to go back to the Dr and see what they have to say and do whatever treatment if required n than get back to Exxon. I am now so damn confused as I already tender

Reply With Quote
  #1293 (permalink)  
Old 17-05-2018, 08:21 PM
Min
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habi View Post
Offer letter received & accepted. 1 month after that I received a call and was told that Dr has deemed me unfit to work for Exxon. Anyone Happen before? They told me to go back to the Dr and see what they have to say and do whatever treatment if required n than get back to Exxon. I am now so damn confused as I already tender

they call you using singapore number or thailand number? i am also waiting for a call from them to clear me for the medical check and background check.



SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #1294 (permalink)  
Old 17-05-2018, 10:15 PM
Fisto
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habi View Post
Offer letter received & accepted. 1 month after that I received a call and was told that Dr has deemed me unfit to work for Exxon. Anyone Happen before? They told me to go back to the Dr and see what they have to say and do whatever treatment if required n than get back to Exxon. I am now so damn confused as I already tender
Oh man. I also tender before they cleared me. There were 2 things I "failed" during the medical. One was the spirometry (tbf their machine is so archaic. I usually pass this) and my hearing (this test sucked ass as the nurse was right behind click the mouse and writing. So distracting)I also got childhood asthma (friend who has this is working in exxonmobil now).

I actually went to do my company's check-up and I passed all of them just to double confirm.
Reading this is scaring me. I went for the medical exactly 1 month ago.
Reply With Quote
  #1295 (permalink)  
Old 18-05-2018, 08:51 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisto View Post
Oh man. I also tender before they cleared me. There were 2 things I "failed" during the medical. One was the spirometry (tbf their machine is so archaic. I usually pass this) and my hearing (this test sucked ass as the nurse was right behind click the mouse and writing. So distracting)I also got childhood asthma (friend who has this is working in exxonmobil now).

I actually went to do my company's check-up and I passed all of them just to double confirm.
Reading this is scaring me. I went for the medical exactly 1 month ago.
WTF sia. They should only offer the contract once everything is clear. Exxon told me to go down to the Clinic and have a word with the Dr and see what they say. They are stilling willing to employ me after the treatment or what so ever but Dr must give green light. Actually I hate the Dr Bainís clinic and esp the damn arrogant female Dr. my BP normally 125-135 but suddenly she took went up to 175 wtf. But I retook my medicinal few days later and it was normal n she was skeptical. I am damn disappointed as I donít know what to do
Reply With Quote
  #1296 (permalink)  
Old 18-05-2018, 12:02 PM
Fisto
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
WTF sia. They should only offer the contract once everything is clear. Exxon told me to go down to the Clinic and have a word with the Dr and see what they say. They are stilling willing to employ me after the treatment or what so ever but Dr must give green light. Actually I hate the Dr Bainís clinic and esp the damn arrogant female Dr. my BP normally 125-135 but suddenly she took went up to 175 wtf. But I retook my medicinal few days later and it was normal n she was skeptical. I am damn disappointed as I donít know what to do

Just go to the clinic and clarify I guess. There might be something else? That's probably the only way forward. My colleague actually got the job offer before he even went for the medical. Weird honestly but I read that laws in some country you can only ask the candidate to go medical after you've offered a position.

Btw I just received the call from Exxon and she told me I can tender already. See you guys 23 July! Good luck bro
Reply With Quote

  #1297 (permalink)  
Old 19-05-2018, 01:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisto View Post
Just go to the clinic and clarify I guess. There might be something else? That's probably the only way forward. My colleague actually got the job offer before he even went for the medical. Weird honestly but I read that laws in some country you can only ask the candidate to go medical after you've offered a position.

Btw I just received the call from Exxon and she told me I can tender already. See you guys 23 July! Good luck bro
So I went to the Clinic today, so i am told to do some remedy and if there is improvement than itís great. The Dr was nice & there is still hope n I believe all will goes well as Exxon has told me to get back to them once everything is okay.
Reply With Quote
  #1298 (permalink)  
Old 24-05-2018, 12:08 AM
fiy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just to check when you guys wenr for the interview? How long you guys waited for confirmation?
Reply With Quote
  #1299 (permalink)  
Old 26-05-2018, 12:46 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

anyoone went for early may interview? any updates so far up till now?
Reply With Quote
  #1300 (permalink)  
Old 28-05-2018, 03:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
anyoone went for early may interview? any updates so far up till now?
Interview 8 May,
Received call the following week,
Went medical last week & awaiting results before offer letter.

Applied for process tech.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engineering and Technology Careers are Not Valued - Singapore is "High Cost Low Tech" Salary.sg Education and Personal Growth 204 25-05-2015 07:16 PM
Operations at Investment Bank oerg Income and Jobs 5 30-08-2014 05:28 PM
Booming tech industry? PayBuddy Income and Jobs 2 17-04-2012 04:46 PM
Operations officer in bank Bean Income and Jobs 8 20-01-2012 10:22 AM
Tech/Other jobs in Sg midlet Income and Jobs 0 23-04-2010 04:31 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,540 Replies, 2,595,818 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,091 Replies, 5,575,185 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
666 Replies, 210,038 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,291 Replies, 906,028 Views
Sign On After 30? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 2,771 Views
[advice] Recruitment agency... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,806 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,750 Replies, 268,533 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,085 Replies, 498,507 Views
Android, iPhone and iPad Apps For...
2 Replies, 2,320 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
96 Replies, 12,328 Views
Anyone being hired during covid... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 522 Views
HR Career advice
2 Replies, 1,337 Views
where can i buy nintendo stock?
5 Replies, 3,276 Views
Can share your your car...
1 Replies, 118 Views
What's the graduate officer... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
53 Replies, 12,650 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,906 Replies, 1,082,804 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,728 Replies, 796,631 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,292 Replies, 1,903,572 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
156 Replies, 74,948 Views
need some info on CNB
0 Replies, 114 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
335 Replies, 263,109 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,183 Replies, 967,157 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,653 Replies, 1,603,364 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,379 Replies, 563,869 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
88 Replies, 15,245 Views
Interviews related ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 1,055 Views
Summer Internships 2020 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
70 Replies, 7,988 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2