Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech? - Page 117 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1161 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2018, 09:48 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I received a called from HR on 28/12/17, he just asking a basic question during the phone interview. then he said by end of January if I pass or fail the review they will announce by email. btw, i applied for the I&E Technician.

Does anyone else received the same phone call from exxon's hr?

Reply With Quote
  #1162 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2018, 11:10 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I received a called from HR on 28/12/17, he just asking a basic question during the phone interview. then he said by end of January if I pass or fail the review they will announce by email. btw, i applied for the I&E Technician.

Does anyone else received the same phone call from exxon's hr?
You mean that is the only interview? No face to face? U applied for experience or non experience?

Reply With Quote
  #1163 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2018, 11:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You mean that is the only interview? No face to face? U applied for experience or non experience?
im a fresh graduate, during the called the HR asked about my internship experience, am i willing to work offshore or not, expected salary, only the basic question and etc. before hang up i remember he said, by end of january the technical team will follow up on me if i'm short listed.

Reply With Quote
  #1164 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2018, 12:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
im a fresh graduate, during the called the HR asked about my internship experience, am i willing to work offshore or not, expected salary, only the basic question and etc. before hang up i remember he said, by end of january the technical team will follow up on me if i'm short listed.
All the best to you! I also applied for the same position as well but went for a face to face interview.
Reply With Quote
  #1165 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2018, 10:21 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Will Exxon reply if application is rejected??
Reply With Quote
  #1166 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2018, 03:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Will Exxon reply if application is rejected??
Yes they will but sometimes it will take months
Reply With Quote

  #1167 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2018, 04:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes they will but sometimes it will take months
Wa. Like that quite sian leh. I tried calling the HR but never pick up.
Reply With Quote
  #1168 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2018, 04:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi all, im abit curious here. Does anyone roughly know if there is any allowances for technicians with non- shift? What I mean is office hours. As far as I know from here, all those working under operations (shift work) will be entitled to shift allowance. How about technician under maintenance with no shift?
Reply With Quote
  #1169 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2018, 12:33 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all, im abit curious here. Does anyone roughly know if there is any allowances for technicians with non- shift? What I mean is office hours. As far as I know from here, all those working under operations (shift work) will be entitled to shift allowance. How about technician under maintenance with no shift?
From my experience in 2 major oil & gas and 1 storage company.
All those 8-5 personnel for eg like maintenance technician won’t be entitled for shift allowances,
Therefore that’s the reason their basic are as minimum as 2.5k starting rather then us ops tech or process tech with base of 1.6-2k starting but we have shift allowances.

Unless ur speaking about “island allowances” some company they play around with the allowances like for eg u have to travel to island offshores like bukom,Sebarok even in Jurong island some companies do separate the allowance components to island allowances . But most of the time generally 8-5 technician don’t & wont be given shift allowance but for sure basic higher then usual ops or process tech.
Reply With Quote
  #1170 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2018, 01:47 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
From my experience in 2 major oil & gas and 1 storage company.
All those 8-5 personnel for eg like maintenance technician won’t be entitled for shift allowances,
Therefore that’s the reason their basic are as minimum as 2.5k starting rather then us ops tech or process tech with base of 1.6-2k starting but we have shift allowances.

Unless ur speaking about “island allowances” some company they play around with the allowances like for eg u have to travel to island offshores like bukom,Sebarok even in Jurong island some companies do separate the allowance components to island allowances . But most of the time generally 8-5 technician don’t & wont be given shift allowance but for sure basic higher then usual ops or process tech.
Thank you for the info. I am still waiting for my salary package. Quite eager to know how much they can offer. But for exxon, if not entitled to shift allowance, and "island allowance", any other allowances we are entitled to? And based on the threads here it seems that the basic for office hours is very much the same as those shift hours. Also depending on our qualification. But having said that, if office hours technician gets a monthly flat salary, it would be a bit disappointed to go into a big O&G company but with a monthly flat salary.

To those who have gotten into exxon as office hours technician, care to share what is the salary package like including OTs and bonuses?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engineering and Technology Careers are Not Valued - Singapore is "High Cost Low Tech" Salary.sg Education and Personal Growth 204 25-05-2015 07:16 PM
Operations at Investment Bank oerg Income and Jobs 5 30-08-2014 05:28 PM
Booming tech industry? PayBuddy Income and Jobs 2 17-04-2012 04:46 PM
Operations officer in bank Bean Income and Jobs 8 20-01-2012 10:22 AM
Tech/Other jobs in Sg midlet Income and Jobs 0 23-04-2010 04:31 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,815 Replies, 1,057,110 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,568 Replies, 1,250,743 Views
Cold calls/emails to HR ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 1,002 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,294 Replies, 234,206 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
922 Replies, 739,038 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,656 Replies, 5,445,779 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 62,101 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
82 Replies, 11,723 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
121 Replies, 113,624 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
60 Replies, 16,155 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,699 Replies, 2,380,005 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at...
2 Replies, 977 Views
Mask price discount in cb period
0 Replies, 26 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
43 Replies, 4,173 Views
Pay grade at CSA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
102 Replies, 23,544 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
327 Replies, 240,207 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
168 Replies, 169,199 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
244 Replies, 45,907 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,710 Replies, 779,721 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,156 Replies, 879,102 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,207 Replies, 1,858,366 Views
Dentist Salary
7 Replies, 6,031 Views
Fresh Grad from local U cant find... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 10,332 Views
Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
47 Replies, 21,170 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
124 Replies, 81,589 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
803 Replies, 533,474 Views
Possible to earn passive income... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 2,315 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,974 Replies, 917,266 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 13,491 Views
Salary working for SEA FP&A... ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 1,492 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2