Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech? - Page 194 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech?

Old 03-12-2021, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I’ll see how the negotiations go tomorrow before more “updates” can take place here. Stay tuned. If the management thinks that they can delay our bonuses and escape, you’re very wrong. This is not a threat, just giving everyone a heads up on the situation which is happening.
LETS gooooo we are tuned

Old 07-12-2021, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

Default Field employees feeling the heat

A rise in the number of heat related injuries in Exxonmobil’s Singapore plant raises questions on employee welfare, overly stressful working conditions and arrogance on the part of the management in recognising that the retrenchment exercise held last year was a huge mistake.

Employees who are based outdoors, bore the brunt of the retrenchment exercise, filling in for the tasks which has now been long vacated. Throughout the pandemic, work has never really slowed down as what Exxonmobil management would like the Authorities to think. On top of the contracts which Exxon has to honour, our production focus just shifted to other petroleum derived products. For example, the world demand for PPE has seen Exxonmobil’s Chemical Business thrive under the cloak of an uncertain world.

This misinformation is not just pushed down the throats of the local government officials. Rather, it has also been emphasised on us that the company is facing “hard times”. As a person living under the fear of getting booted out, like many of our retrenched employees, we were tasked with auditing each others’ work. Basically the management just want us to find fault on each other. Tell me how the place cannot become toxic?

Everyone is quietly fighting for his/her chance to stay. So everyone is trying their best to outperform each other - even it means that you’d collapse under the immense workload. And any faults or shortcomings are not seen with empathy from the management.

Old 08-12-2021, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

sounds shitty oh man

Old 08-12-2021, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Exclamation Let you decide

In recent hiring, I was told company intentionally excluded those past employee who left (for their own justifiable personal reason). Do you think company is exercising a fair employment practice?

I heard this was communicated to all and I felt this is purely THREATENING folks to prevent brain drain only. This is in addition to other layoff exercise (do google to understand more context).

You guys think about it. Exercise your judgement and do your research. I am not in any position to said this is a good company or bad company to work. After all, we are here to earn money. But think about this: One person complain maybe it is not representative. But different department folks and so many people complaining? What does this tell you?

In the old days, this company pay you pretty well (I felt) for the workload. But now, those still remain in the company are likely unable to get similar package at their age or waiting for retrenchment package (if this ever happen).

Just sharing my view only.
Old 09-12-2021, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
In recent hiring, I was told company intentionally excluded those past employee who left (for their own justifiable personal reason). Do you think company is exercising a fair employment practice?

I heard this was communicated to all and I felt this is purely THREATENING folks to prevent brain drain only. This is in addition to other layoff exercise (do google to understand more context).

You guys think about it. Exercise your judgement and do your research. I am not in any position to said this is a good company or bad company to work. After all, we are here to earn money. But think about this: One person complain maybe it is not representative. But different department folks and so many people complaining? What does this tell you?

In the old days, this company pay you pretty well (I felt) for the workload. But now, those still remain in the company are likely unable to get similar package at their age or waiting for retrenchment package (if this ever happen).

Just sharing my view only.
Especially true on the last paragraph. Either get stuck and cannot get similar package elsewhere or waiting to be retrenched.
Old 09-12-2021, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Especially true on the last paragraph. Either get stuck and cannot get similar package elsewhere or waiting to be retrenched.
with changes in leadership, old company culture might have eroded so whats peft are just dollars and cents

Old 09-12-2021, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

Maybe your previous working company is worst than this. Maybe you find here is quite a good company compare to many places you knew. But you do not know since early 2000 till now. The salary & benefit are trending downwards while workload & toxic culture is exponentially growing. To be honest, the competitor companies are paying the similar range (all are cutting cost) but much healthier environment.
Old 10-12-2021, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

I'm currently working in a certain Pharmaceutical company & was thinking of going over to oil & gas. I was eyeing Exxon but after reading what's going on in the company right now, I think I rather stay where I'm.
Old 10-12-2021, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

Default Protecting your own kind

Exxonmobil has a system in place to identify and learn from previous losses, ranging from monetary to the intangibles. For years, this company is open in communicating these losses to all employees, in a hope that we can learn and not repeat these mistakes.

But are we really transparent? I fear not.

As early as July, we were all told that the company has been shortchanging us in CPF contribution payments for many years. It seems that the Human Resource Executives handling our payroll has been calculating our overtime payments in error.

And guess what was the Root Cause of this?

Not the Executives’ mistake, of course. But because we, the lowly technicians have been submitting our Overtime Claims late. How can submitting an overtime claim, at most, 72 hours after the end of our overtime be late?

It’s all through the magic of you vs me - who is of higher rank or status.

It doesn’t matter if you’re wrong when you are a supervisor, it will all be swept under the carpet.

A shift superintendent had rolled his SUV at a process plant, nobody bats an eyelid. But when a technician cracks his left rear signal light due to an error in judgement while parking, everyone loses their minds.
Old 12-12-2021, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Default Ageing equipment leaking oil. To what end do Techs have to “mitigate”

Working as an Operations Technician in Exxonmobil Singapore Refineries means that you’d work with equipment which have been commissioned BEFORE you were born. No money for maintenance, no money for staff. Pattern machiam SME Bosses - company not making money, but end of year management ppl change cars.