Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   So freaking hard to break into SAP jobs.. (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2697-so-freaking-hard-break-into-special-assistance-plan-jobs.html)

lordsakura 03-05-2013 04:39 PM

So freaking hard to break into SAP jobs..

Story time...true story

Try to find a SAP consultant job for the last 2 months. no luck at all, not even A SINGLE CALL..:(

I am holding SAP certificate. but it seems useless, although many of the job advertisements say it is nice to have....recruit firm called, don't give a F about your certificate, "That's not enough, even doesn't matter!" said the HR.:(

Seriously, I have no idea how those consultant in the market gained their experiences and start the career.......:confused:

experiences, experiences....well, i guess no one was born with experiences...this is the first time i was born as a human to be frankly, and i don't have any experiences.:rolleyes:

I don't care about the starting salary, just need a chance, an ice breaker....well, every one need a chance.

Unregistered 03-05-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordsakura (Post 36391)
Story time...true story

Try to find a SAP consultant job for the last 2 months. no luck at all, not even A SINGLE CALL..:(

I am holding SAP certificate. but it seems useless, although many of the job advertisements say it is nice to have....recruit firm called, don't give a F about your certificate, "That's not enough, even doesn't matter!" said the HR.:(

Seriously, I have no idea how those consultant in the market gained their experiences and start the career.......:confused:

experiences, experiences....well, i guess no one was born with experiences...this is the first time i was born as a human to be frankly, and i don't have any experiences.:rolleyes:

I don't care about the starting salary, just need a chance, an ice breaker....well, every one need a chance.

You are going totally wrong way. Nobody in the market will pick up a newbie who has no exp except for a silly cert to be a SAP consultant.

Most start off in some general IT/ITES industry or were doing other entry level jobs in places like Finance/Logistics/Mfg/HR/Planning etc and then internally migrate to do SAP work within those functions. The employer then sponsor them at some point to get the SAP cert.

You cannot just study theory and buy that cert and no work exp and expect people to hire you as a "consultant"!!!

lordsakura 03-05-2013 05:48 PM

I understand what you said. it's like an internal position to an external.
You are correct, I've heard this before..all good consultant are previously coming from key users..

maybe i just didnt make it clear in the first place..but the problem is....i've tried to get internal positions, like logistics executives...but no response... just nothing happened.

anyway, it is good to hear from you, appreciate your help :)

Unregistered 03-05-2013 05:54 PM

Erm no offence to TS or what, but from what i hear the market pay for SAP consultant in a MNC is 9-12k depending on experience.

You zero experience just humtum a cert why apply for such a senior expert role? Of course nobody bother to call you down for interview lah...

lordsakura 03-05-2013 06:22 PM

Absolutely, it's a good paied industry. the thing is, i know my weakness, so i definitely wont apply those "senior" position... i am looking for those junior position.

what i think is, if you are just an end user, you probably nvr will find out how to configuration and customization parts of the system according to your job role... i am more intense to look for a support role...

lordsakura 03-05-2013 06:42 PM

I am very glad to hear from all of you people, no matter it is an encouragement or criticism.

If you are some seniors in this industry, please share your experiences and your story.

Appreciate all :)

SLL 04-05-2013 03:25 PM

Besides SAP itself which is near impossible for you to get in, your only hope is to go for those smaller consultancies that specialize in customizing and offering solutions to clients on the SAP platform.

They can be quite specialize in only niche areas like MRP, HRIS, FI etc. so you won't get broad based SAP knowledge, but at least is a start, but this sort of company usually pay crap for junior associates and demand ridiculous long hours. Think twice before leaping.

lordsakura 04-05-2013 07:22 PM

Indeed, SAP itself won't hire any consultants, coz they dont even offering customizing solutions. those big firms are IBM, HP, Accenture etc.. and those smaller consultancies...hehehe, yes, i heared a lot, low pay, sometimes even dont pay, long hours.....

alby201287 30-06-2014 09:57 AM

Do expats get SAP entry level jobs in Singapore?

Hey guys,

Was reading all your comments. I got a three year experience in shipping and logistics industry in finance. I would like to Leap into the SAP world by clearing SAP FI. Currently i am an expat in Singapore.

Will i get a job in SG being an Expat? will Small consultancies hire me?
Kindly advice

100sheets 01-07-2014 09:24 PM

get an internship?