Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   All about Home Affairs Senior Executives scheme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2636-all-about-home-affairs-senior-executives-scheme.html)

Monochrome 13-04-2013 11:28 AM

All about Home Affairs Senior Executives scheme

Hello!

Recently I got an offer from MHA and I would like to find out more about this scheme before making a final decision. I know some basic stuff about this scheme, but I'm hoping to get some answers on the realities of this scheme. So if anyone's part of this scheme, your input is much needed. Thanks!

I'm hoping to find out about the future career prospects after joining this scheme and the such.

Also fresh grads who are also considering this scheme, please join in! :D

Unregistered 13-04-2013 11:55 AM

you got wat class of degree?

ns or non-ns?

how much they offer you?

you fresh grad or with working exp one(if yes how many yr of exp)?

Monochrome 13-04-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35744)
you got wat class of degree?

ns or non-ns?

how much they offer you?

you fresh grad or with working exp one(if yes how many yr of exp)?

Hello,

2nd Upper, no ns, details of remuneration and benefits not made known to me yet, Fresh grad (not sure if you consider temp jobs as work exp)

Unregistered 13-04-2013 01:27 PM

you do paper work one level above the degree holding policeman and fireman. attend meeting and do admin work. basically it's like a normal civil servant. like a MA program in that you change departments few times from Finance to HR to Planning. but not so satki like pte sector MA because you are not being groomed to be a manager.

then you finally get posted to one department and join the vast number of office people. most likely in MHA compound itself or Police HQ at Chinatown. Pay range you can find online.

Monochrome 13-04-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35753)
you do paper work one level above the degree holding policeman and fireman. attend meeting and do admin work. basically it's like a normal civil servant. like a MA program in that you change departments few times from Finance to HR to Planning. but not so satki like pte sector MA because you are not being groomed to be a manager.

then you finally get posted to one department and join the vast number of office people. most likely in MHA compound itself or Police HQ at Chinatown. Pay range you can find online.

Oh...wow. Thanks for the reply!

In this sense, the hase scheme sounds a little dead end (in terms of potential career progression), in the sense that you're trapped from moving on to supervisory roles once you're in this scheme - sort of. Please correct me if I got it wrong. But is this true for all departments? But then again do all fresh grads start as a hase?

I'm also quite worried about the rotation part of the hase scheme. Based on what i know, hase officers would be expected to experience a wide range of jobs within the ministry, so rotation/posting to different depts are the norm in the ministry...what's your take on this?

thanks!

temp111 13-04-2013 10:39 PM

I have some scholar friends who are in the HASE scheme.
they started out as MX13. This should goes the same as u.
Within 2 years plus, she was promoted to Assistant Director.

Unregistered 14-04-2013 11:25 AM

Scholar starting at mx13? That's a little surprising... I thought all fresh grads start from a level 12 at least? I think mx13 are for diploma holders or something? Can anyone shed some light on the mx scheme?

By the way is your friend a mha scholar??

Quote:

Originally Posted by temp111 (Post 35765)
I have some scholar friends who are in the HASE scheme.
they started out as MX13. This should goes the same as u.
Within 2 years plus, she was promoted to Assistant Director.

Unregistered 14-04-2013 11:46 AM

as long as you are a degree holder fresh grad, you will start at MX13, normally after 1 year of service will get to MX12 upon confirmation, then to MX11 after 2-5years of service depend on performance.

temp111 14-04-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35774)
Scholar starting at mx13? That's a little surprising... I thought all fresh grads start from a level 12 at least? I think mx13 are for diploma holders or something? Can anyone shed some light on the mx scheme?

By the way is your friend a mha scholar??

all fresh degree start from MX13. Diploma is under MSO scheme. not MX.
yes. my friend is mha scholar.

Unregistered 14-04-2013 07:06 PM

Oh okay...but when we talk about mx13 as a level, is it job specific? In that officers who enter at mx13 are usually tasked to deal with (I'm really clueless about this, so if I make a mistake I'm sorry) mainly administrative tasks? If this is true, officers who enter the ministry and deal with - I don't know - strategy formulation work as a fresh grad, they might enter as a level 12?

Hope to be enlightened on this. Thanks! Really surprised to find that scholars also enter as a level 13.

Also one quick question...are diploma holders and fresh grads entering the service on the same level (i.e. mx13)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35775)
as long as you are a degree holder fresh grad, you will start at MX13, normally after 1 year of service will get to MX12 upon confirmation, then to MX11 after 2-5years of service depend on performance.