Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   All about Home Affairs Senior Executives scheme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2636-all-about-home-affairs-senior-executives-scheme.html)

Chesed 31-10-2014 08:15 PM

Hi I went for my final interview 4 weeks ago. Just 2 weeks ago, I am informed that I passed the interview and my position is pending MHA's approval. How long will this process take? Will there be a chance that MHA rejects my appointment?

Unregistered 31-10-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chesed (Post 58316)
Hi I went for my final interview 4 weeks ago. Just 2 weeks ago, I am informed that I passed the interview and my position is pending MHA's approval. How long will this process take? Will there be a chance that MHA rejects my appointment?

May I ask what position were you interviewed for? Most likely they are pending your medical clearance. Might take up to 3 weeks.

A slight possibility of rejection if you can't pass the medical.

Chesed 01-11-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 58320)
May I ask what position were you interviewed for? Most likely they are pending your medical clearance. Might take up to 3 weeks.

A slight possibility of rejection if you can't pass the medical.

I interviewed for one of the logistics position.

Also, I am not asked to do a medical check up yet. Its been more than 2 months since i went for the first interview.

Unregistered 02-11-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chesed (Post 58342)
I interviewed for one of the logistics position.

Also, I am not asked to do a medical check up yet. Its been more than 2 months since i went for the first interview.

In this case, I would advise you to give MHA a call to check on the progress.

Chesed 07-11-2014 11:28 AM

Hi I got the job! Thanks so much for all the advice!

Unregistered 07-11-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chesed (Post 58550)
Hi I got the job! Thanks so much for all the advice!

Which home team department are you going to work in?

Unregistered 08-11-2014 01:49 AM

Just got called down for second round of interview. Mha seems to work faster than other government agencies

Unregistered 10-11-2014 02:26 PM

Just finished 3rd visit (Departmental Interview)

Hmmm just went for final round interview for HASE at SPF!

Really nervous because this is my preferred position. Still holding out on accepting another stat board offer.

Anyone knows how long it will typically take between final round interview and actual offer?

Unregistered 10-11-2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 58632)
Hmmm just went for final round interview for HASE at SPF!

Really nervous because this is my preferred position. Still holding out on accepting another stat board offer.

Anyone knows how long it will typically take between final round interview and actual offer?

Usually within 2 weeks bah. What did they tell you? Which position were you interviewed for?

Unregistered 10-11-2014 09:07 PM

Public affairs dept...! Really looking forward to it. So I have been stalling for time with the other stat board offer. Interview impression was really positive. But problem is number of candidates to available position so I'm a bit jumpy.

Unregistered 10-11-2014 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 58641)
Public affairs dept...! Really looking forward to it. So I have been stalling for time with the other stat board offer. Interview impression was really positive. But problem is number of candidates to available position so I'm a bit jumpy.

Hmm consider carefully. Might not be wise to let the stat board wait too long.

Unregistered 10-11-2014 10:10 PM

Well I was given 2 weeks to mull over it. So if SPF were to get back within these 2 weeks it would be great. Not sure whether I can call to get a firm indication if I get no news in 2 weeks' time.

Chesed 10-11-2014 11:51 PM

I received my offer 5 weeks after the final interview.

Unregistered 11-11-2014 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chesed (Post 58650)

For your case, they did give a verbal confirmation 2 weeks after your final interview, right? Otherwise, 5 weeks of wait after the final interview is rather long...

Unregistered 11-11-2014 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chesed (Post 58650)

Hm did you mean final signing of contract after medical and stuff?

How long was it before they gave you strong indication that you actually passed the interview?

I mean... if I were to fail the medical I probably wouldn't get through the stat board offer as well...

Chesed 11-11-2014 09:07 AM

Nope, no verbal confirmation was given after 2 weeks. I did, however, receive an SMS 2 weeks later saying that they are sending my appointment for approval. But IMO, I don't think that counts as a solid indicator that I stand a high chance of getting the job. Maybe I'm too dense to catch the hint.:o My only strong indication is when I actually received the letter of appointment lol.

I'm going to sign the contract this week (6th week). No instructions were given to me to do my medical yet.

off topic: is there any way to tell one unregistered user from the others?

Unregistered 11-11-2014 10:35 AM

Hmm I tink sending approval really just means you have been selected interview. My other stat board offer was made right after my contract was approved too. You don't seek approval for anything else than the contract. Ah well... can only hope.

Unregistered 21-11-2014 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chesed (Post 58656)
Nope, no verbal confirmation was given after 2 weeks. I did, however, receive an SMS 2 weeks later saying that they are sending my appointment for approval. But IMO, I don't think that counts as a solid indicator that I stand a high chance of getting the job. Maybe I'm too dense to catch the hint.:o My only strong indication is when I actually received the letter of appointment lol.

I'm going to sign the contract this week (6th week). No instructions were given to me to do my medical yet.

off topic: is there any way to tell one unregistered user from the others?

Hi Chesed,

You didn't have to go for medical checkup? Are you from public sector previously?

Chesed 22-11-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 59095)
Hi Chesed,

You didn't have to go for medical checkup? Are you from public sector previously?

Nope I am a fresh graduate.

I just recently went for the medical checkup. I am only informed to go to the medical checkup after I signed the contract.

Unregistered 05-02-2015 11:54 AM

HASE training

Hi, can anyone shed light of the training process for HASE? I read on the MHA website that training include a Home Team Basic Course and I'm wondering if executives have to undergo physical training too like those that the police officers undergo.

Unregistered 05-02-2015 12:41 PM

That's a non residential course and it is different from the police officers' course.

Unregistered 17-06-2015 07:01 AM

went for my second interview for HASE a few weeks back. Was told after that they are sending my stuffs to MHA. When will MHA get back?

Unregistered 17-06-2015 07:49 AM

whole lot knock it down....

sit up position change....push-up position change.....change change change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62320)
Hi, can anyone shed light of the training process for HASE? I read on the MHA website that training include a Home Team Basic Course and I'm wondering if executives have to undergo physical training too like those that the police officers undergo.

Unregistered 18-06-2015 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68450)
went for my second interview for HASE a few weeks back. Was told after that they are sending my stuffs to MHA. When will MHA get back?

Hi,

May I ask when did you go for your second interview and what position you applied for? I also went for a second interview during mid May and was told verbally on end May by someone from HR that they found me suitable for the role i have applied for and they are pending the upper management approval. Its Mid June now and I have not heard of them since..

Unregistered 18-06-2015 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68614)
Hi,

May I ask when did you go for your second interview and what position you applied for? I also went for a second interview during mid May and was told verbally on end May by someone from HR that they found me suitable for the role i have applied for and they are pending the upper management approval. Its Mid June now and I have not heard of them since..

I went around mid/end may too! some sort marketing position. Not MHA HQ. what about you? yours sound more indicative though? because mine said i was shortlisted (only) and that my stuffs will be sent to MHA. sighs

Unregistered 15-07-2015 11:56 AM

First interview

Anyone went for the first interview for this batch in July??

Unregistered 16-07-2015 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69965)
Anyone went for the first interview for this batch in July??

I just did yesterday, do you know when will we know if we go to the final stage?

Unregistered 16-07-2015 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70041)
I just did yesterday, do you know when will we know if we go to the final stage?

May I ask for those who went in July, when did you submit your application via the portal?

Unregistered 16-07-2015 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70044)
May I ask for those who went in July, when did you submit your application via the portal?

mid june, why leh you never get called up for pre interview ah

Unregistered 16-07-2015 05:28 PM

adilest lands

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70045)
mid june, why leh you never get called up for pre interview ah

Yeah.. Guess I was not good enough right at the start hahaha.

Unregistered 16-07-2015 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70048)
Yeah.. Guess I was not good enough right at the start hahaha.

mind sharing your qualification? and whether are you a fresh grad ?

Unregistered 16-07-2015 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70060)
mind sharing your qualification? and whether are you a fresh grad ?

Yes, fresh grad here from one of the univs. Work experiences are mainly temporary and internship positions. Female (so no NS).

Sigh. But anyway hope all of you made it through! It will be good if you guys continue sharing about the interviews and also maybe the time taken between each phase, so when they have openings again then it will benefit everyone too.

Unregistered 16-07-2015 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70063)
Yes, fresh grad here from one of the univs. Work experiences are mainly temporary and internship positions. Female (so no NS).

Sigh. But anyway hope all of you made it through! It will be good if you guys continue sharing about the interviews and also maybe the time taken between each phase, so when they have openings again then it will benefit everyone too.

im also fresh grad only temp job experiences. but local uni. anyway no point i screwed up yest's interview think im gone already

Unregistered 16-07-2015 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70064)
im also fresh grad only temp job experiences. but local uni. anyway no point i screwed up yest's interview think im gone already

Local univ here too but not called up, so maybe something identifies you. Well may not be gone yet though. Just keep all of us updated here. :)

Unregistered 16-07-2015 09:07 PM

shocks makhand

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70065)
Local univ here too but not called up, so maybe something identifies you. Well may not be gone yet though. Just keep all of us updated here. :)

huh thats weird then i wonder what sets us apart? anyway dont fret you might be in the next batch ? when did you apply

and whats your class of honours?

Unregistered 16-07-2015 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70066)
huh thats weird then i wonder what sets us apart? anyway dont fret you might be in the next batch ? when did you apply

and whats your class of honours?

Yeah maybe a bit weird, but I guess that's life?
I just checked and saw that I applied in mid June. Did you apply in mid June too? Do you mind sharing when did you hear back from them about the interview?

I graduated with a Second Upper. According to your answer it looks like they seem to conduct interviews every other month, to have that many batches is it?

Unregistered 16-07-2015 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70067)
Yeah maybe a bit weird, but I guess that's life?
I just checked and saw that I applied in mid June. Did you apply in mid June too? Do you mind sharing when did you hear back from them about the interview?

I graduated with a Second Upper. According to your answer it looks like they seem to conduct interviews every other month, to have that many batches is it?

i grad with second upper also... thats really weird then i wonder whats the thing they looked for. Anyway i applied in like mid june, got the pre interview notification at near the end of june, went for pre interview on 10 jul and yest's first interview which i think i wont get to see the second interview anymore haha.

Unregistered 16-07-2015 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70069)
i grad with second upper also... thats really weird then i wonder whats the thing they looked for. Anyway i applied in like mid june, got the pre interview notification at near the end of june, went for pre interview on 10 jul and yest's first interview which i think i wont get to see the second interview anymore haha.

Haha wow that's a very nice time line for potential candidates to take reference from. Thanks :). I didn't get any response since applying. Hmm. Well still a 50-50 for you as long as they hadn't reject you ;)

Unregistered 16-07-2015 11:46 PM

Anyway for those who attended wed's first interview may i know how long do we need to wait to know? Please start updating here once any of you starts receiving invitations for the second and final stage of interviews thanks!

Unregistered 16-07-2015 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70070)
Haha wow that's a very nice time line for potential candidates to take reference from. Thanks :). I didn't get any response since applying. Hmm. Well still a 50-50 for you as long as they hadn't reject you ;)

rather than being put in such an agony, would you like to try emailing or calling them? Sometimes my take is that a quick answer, even if its negative, beats living with such an uneasy suspense day to day.