Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   All about Home Affairs Senior Executives scheme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2636-all-about-home-affairs-senior-executives-scheme.html)

Unregistered 15-04-2013 03:55 PM

It's a pretty standard civil service program. Pros is that you get more opp to try out different jobs in different places, cons is that it is not really a hi-po porgram so you will not progress any faster than the normal grad.

Should be able to get Assistant Director (equal to a Snr Exec in a big MNC) within 2-4 years depending on performance if you dun screw up big time.

Unregistered 16-04-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35818)
It's a pretty standard civil service program. Pros is that you get more opp to try out different jobs in different places, cons is that it is not really a hi-po porgram so you will not progress any faster than the normal grad.

Should be able to get Assistant Director (equal to a Snr Exec in a big MNC) within 2-4 years depending on performance if you dun screw up big time.

i have seen ppl stuck at mx12 for more than 15 years

Unregistered 16-04-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35838)
i have seen ppl stuck at mx12 for more than 15 years

At least they still hold on to their jobs. If outside, they would be driving taxis liao.

Unregistered 17-04-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35850)
At least they still hold on to their jobs. If outside, they would be driving taxis liao.

true, but 15 years is a long long time

Unregistered 17-04-2013 02:55 PM

Getting stuck at MX12 for the rest of life still better than be taxi driver.

Unregistered 17-04-2013 07:36 PM

just curious...why is that person stuck at mx12 for 15 years? Is it due to a lack of opportunities or?

anyways moving away from this topic, what kind of work in the civil service is more coveted - i dunno like strategic planning for instance?

Unregistered 17-04-2013 07:40 PM

Can check with ts what is their lag time after interview before they offer you.

Unregistered 26-05-2013 07:44 PM

Has anyone been called up for the interview for the HASE position that closed on 16 May?

Unregistered 10-06-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monochrome (Post 35742)
Hello!

Recently I got an offer from MHA and I would like to find out more about this scheme before making a final decision. I know some basic stuff about this scheme, but I'm hoping to get some answers on the realities of this scheme. So if anyone's part of this scheme, your input is much needed. Thanks!

I'm hoping to find out about the future career prospects after joining this scheme and the such.

Also fresh grads who are also considering this scheme, please join in! :D

hey congrats!

can i ask how is the recruitment process like? You mentioned that you have not receive any info on remuneration but how do you know you have gotten the job offer?

Unregistered 14-06-2013 12:32 AM

the recruitment process is pretty strange. you need to go for check-up first and no salary offer yet. i would think time and money could be saved if it is the other way round.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2