Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How long does it take for stat boards to review job application (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2559-how-long-does-take-stat-boards-review-job-application.html)

Onvalwar 20-03-2013 10:49 PM

How long does it take for stat boards to review job application

Just wondering how long does it take for the application status to change from "Submitted" to "In Process"? I've applied to a few jobs through www.career.gov.sg but the status have remained unchanged for about 2 months.

jobhunter1234 21-03-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onvalwar (Post 34600)
Just wondering how long does it take for the application status to change from "Submitted" to "In Process"? I've applied to a few jobs through www.career.gov.sg but the status have remained unchanged for about 2 months.

I thought there is a statement saying that >30 days after the application dateline if no call meaning not shortlisted and dun have to wait.

Unregistered 21-03-2013 12:13 AM

i wrote in for a lecturing vacancy some 3 years ago, January.

there was a long silence from the tertiary institution's side in the months that followed, till I sent an email to the head of the school that I wanted to get in to some time in June that same year.

went for some interviews(3 in all) from August onwards and got offered the job full time in October, started my 1st day a month later. maybe my direct email expedite the whole process?

guess its a different style from board to board. my taking is that if they need to fill that position quickly, they will rope u in much faster.

Onvalwar 21-03-2013 10:36 AM

Yup, I thought so too about the implied meaning of rejection after more than 30 days. But I have friends who received calls after 3-4 months of application so it kind of gives me 50:50 hope.

jobhunter1234 21-03-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onvalwar (Post 34617)
Yup, I thought so too about the implied meaning of rejection after more than 30 days. But I have friends who received calls after 3-4 months of application so it kind of gives me 50:50 hope.

Lol...even if that is so..u mean you still wanna wait for 3-4 months hoping that they will call. I think 1 month is already long enough if they really keen to hire..otherwise, I think it is kind of ridiculous for ppl to wait that long. Personally, I would have given up hope after 1 month and considered it as unsuccessful application.

Unregistered 21-03-2013 09:15 PM

how about dso and st engineering?

Unregistered 21-03-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34648)
how about dso and st engineering?

2 weeks and 3 weeks.

Unregistered 24-07-2016 05:57 PM

Hi anyone knows how many candidates do hr managers in stat boards/ ministries shortlist for the interview round? Like i am shortlisted but i feel that chances may be slim...

Unregistered 24-07-2016 07:16 PM

Entry or middle level? It really depends on the number of vacancies and urgency. I know some stat boards now conduct only just 1 round of interview but that is for entry levels.

Unregistered 25-04-2017 12:18 AM

My status was initially shortlisted, but I was not being call up for any interview and the status suddenly became unsuccessful. Does anyone ever encounter this?