TTSH management associate programme salary range - Page 5 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

TTSH management associate programme salary range

Old 03-06-2013, 12:10 PM
alvinneocz

my fren who applied had not heard from them either. Guess he is not selected ba. Dun think he has impressive cca records, maybe the program requires ppl with good cca records ba?

Old 04-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinneocz View Post
my fren who applied had not heard from them either. Guess he is not selected ba. Dun think he has impressive cca records, maybe the program requires ppl with good cca records ba?
TTSH is just a fake management program like stat board freshie hire. They dont have the luxury of choosing only people with good cca records, people that good won't waste their time applying to join TTSH.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:39 PM

jobhunter1234 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
TTSH is just a fake management program like stat board freshie hire. They dont have the luxury of choosing only people with good cca records, people that good won't waste their time applying to join TTSH.
Yea...I think from previous postings most agree that it isn't a prestigious ma programme to begin with. However, the sad fact is that even for such ordinary position one is require to go thru serveral rounds of selections. I have a who has gotten in and according to him ppl have been rejected. Since now ye job market is so bad and jobs are scarce, freshie don't have much of a choice and that programme isn't that bad after all.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 View Post
Yea...I think from previous postings most agree that it isn't a prestigious ma programme to begin with. However, the sad fact is that even for such ordinary position one is require to go thru serveral rounds of selections. I have a who has gotten in and according to him ppl have been rejected. Since now ye job market is so bad and jobs are scarce, freshie don't have much of a choice and that programme isn't that bad after all.
Having to go through rounds of interviews is just a legacy of government bureaucracy, it is not because they have high standards.

Agree that times are bad and ppl have to just apply whatever there is and hope for the best. But a place like TTSH let's not kid ourselves that they rejected ppl because they offered to some high calibre cca guy, most likely who gets offered is just random chance and you happen to say a few words they like to hear or some interviewer like your face. That's all.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:11 PM

jobhunter1234 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Having to go through rounds of interviews is just a legacy of government bureaucracy, it is not because they have high standards.

Agree that times are bad and ppl have to just apply whatever there is and hope for the best. But a place like TTSH let's not kid ourselves that they rejected ppl because they offered to some high calibre cca guy, most likely who gets offered is just random chance and you happen to say a few words they like to hear or some interviewer like your face. That's all.
Yea... I don't disagree. I also dislike the fact that they are trying to mimic what some big MNCs are doing for those genuine ma programmes. I mean some job scopes are kinda general and I dun see why the need to have so many rounds to assure them that you are the right person. I believe it could be because there are lots of applicants wanting to secure stable jobs in turbulent times like this so they have to come out with a system to pick among the masses. And many appl applicants actually hold good local deg with at least second upper. Definitely for those high calibre individuals with exceptional cca records, ttsh ma prog will not be an attractive option for them. But I do know such ppl who are still jobless because they are not selected for some top jobs due to overwhelming competitions...kinda sad. I think the part you mentioned bout looks and saying few good words to please the interviewers apply to all regardless of MNCs or public organizations. 2 cents
Old 04-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 View Post
Yea... I don't disagree. I also dislike the fact that they are trying to mimic what some big MNCs are doing for those genuine ma programmes. I mean some job scopes are kinda general and I dun see why the need to have so many rounds to assure them that you are the right person. I believe it could be because there are lots of applicants wanting to secure stable jobs in turbulent times like this so they have to come out with a system to pick among the masses. And many appl applicants actually hold good local deg with at least second upper. Definitely for those high calibre individuals with exceptional cca records, ttsh ma prog will not be an attractive option for them. But I do know such ppl who are still jobless because they are not selected for some top jobs due to overwhelming competitions...kinda sad. I think the part you mentioned bout looks and saying few good words to please the interviewers apply to all regardless of MNCs or public organizations. 2 cents
Nah, they going the rounds because gov policy is to have X min no. of people of certain rank and Y min no. of people from certain department. This is standard for almost all gov related jobs.

Real MNCs have 2 full day assessment programs with rotating judiging panels which test anything from role playing, problem solving, language/maths/logic test, presentation skills and ability to perform under stress. It is not totally bias free but definitely not like TTSH which is just many rounds of senseless interview talking where selection appears random.

I ever atteneded a BAT management program before. It was really siong and I felt totally shack at the end of the day, it takes more than just create good impression and talk cock to get past. Although I didnt get selected, it was an experience to see how the pros in mega MNC really do it. My friend went to the Exxon one and it was more or less the same.

Old 17-12-2015, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

anyone applied for this recently?
Old 18-12-2015, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
anyone applied for this recently?
there are 2 rounds of interview. 1st one is a written test, 2nd round is a group discussion/debate session. cant rmb if gt 3rd round.

pay is 3.3k. benefits are gd with 21 days leave, and annual free vacinations etc. 8mths job rotation between departments.
Old 18-12-2015, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
there are 2 rounds of interview. 1st one is a written test, 2nd round is a group discussion/debate session. cant rmb if gt 3rd round.

pay is 3.3k. benefits are gd with 21 days leave, and annual free vacinations etc. 8mths job rotation between departments.
its just a normal fresh grad hiring repackage as MAP. my friend was in 2013 batch, except for the rotation that is suppose to develop you (more like rotating to do sai gang in various dept), he told me pay & progression is the same as any other fresh grad hire.
Old 18-12-2015, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
its just a normal fresh grad hiring repackage as MAP. my friend was in 2013 batch, except for the rotation that is suppose to develop you (more like rotating to do sai gang in various dept), he told me pay & progression is the same as any other fresh grad hire.
Not surprising. I doubt any high caliber grad will join TTSH to do general office work right after school. If you look at all the RH now most of the senior management in support side are either government sector scholars or high flyers from private healthcare companies.