Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Statutory Board Salary/Increment/Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2522-statutory-board-salary-increment-bonus.html)

MaximusPrime 05-03-2013 11:16 AM

Statutory Board Salary/Increment/Bonus

Any idea abt the increment/bonus structure in stat boards? lets say edb/spring/ie singapore?

heard plenty about the glass ceiling for non-scholars..is there a difference in starting salary/increments/bonus between farmers/scholars in stat boards?

also where can i see myself in 5 years (if i stay on)

am a 2nd upper grad from NUS

Unregistered 05-03-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaximusPrime (Post 33847)
Any idea abt the increment/bonus structure in stat boards? lets say edb/spring/ie singapore?

heard plenty about the glass ceiling for non-scholars..is there a difference in starting salary/increments/bonus between farmers/scholars in stat boards?

also where can i see myself in 5 years (if i stay on)

am a 2nd upper grad from NUS

Real scholars under AO dun start in a stat board. They will only be parachuted to lead farmers at around Director or Chief Exec level. The farmers that take up scholarships within SB are still considered farmers and subject to the same ceiling and pay as the masses.

A typical farmer will retire as a DD, very good performer maybe a D, DD roughly equal to a jnr manager in a big MNC, D is like a mid-low level manager.

Unregistered 05-03-2013 12:00 PM

Some stat boards attract the same caliber of people as your typical PSC scholar - MAS and EDB come to mind.

MaximusPrime 05-03-2013 12:17 PM

stat boards take plenty of scholars in every year which makes it almost impossible for non-scholars to go beyond a certain level? on top of that you have these ultra scholars (PSC etc..)

is it realistic for me to hit 5k in 5 years?

Incognito 05-03-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaximusPrime (Post 33855)
stat boards take plenty of scholars in every year which makes it almost impossible for non-scholars to go beyond a certain level? on top of that you have these ultra scholars (PSC etc..)

is it realistic for me to hit 5k in 5 years?

Based on the info posted in the other thread about Civil Service pay, I'd say yes, it's realistic.

jobhunter1234 05-03-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incognito (Post 33857)
Based on the info posted in the other thread about Civil Service pay, I'd say yes, it's realistic.

Yea. Starting salary for fresh grads already around 3.5 +/-....so 5 years to reach 5k I think shouldn't be a problem. And by that time 5k already considered nth.

Incognito 05-03-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 33858)
Yea. Starting salary for fresh grads already around 3.5 +/-....so 5 years to reach 5k I think shouldn't be a problem. And by that time 5k already considered nth.

Yeah, reaching that 5-6k mark is doable within 5 to 6 years, I believe...the problem is, what happens after you reach that mark? Will you end up stuck at that pay level for the rest of your career? If only there was someone, a non-scholar, who has worked in a stat board/ministry for 20++ years and is able to tell us more...

MaximusPrime 05-03-2013 01:03 PM

I doubt I will be staying beyond 5 years if thats the case..but lets say if i were then to hop to pvt, will my salary take a hit? Will jumping to the pvt sector after lets say 4/5 years in public sector be a problem, both salary wise and adaption wise.

jobhunter1234 05-03-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaximusPrime (Post 33863)
I doubt I will be staying beyond 5 years if thats the case..but lets say if i were then to hop to pvt, will my salary take a hit? Will jumping to the pvt sector after lets say 4/5 years in public sector be a problem, both salary wise and adaption wise.

Yea. True. It is impossible for the salary to go sky high for average ppl. Perhaps the max will be somewhere 8-9k I believe then wait for another govt adjustment to break that ceiling. Really need someone working in stat board to enlighten us.

Incognito 05-03-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaximusPrime (Post 33863)

If you don't have transferable skills and experience, then yes definitely your salary will take a hit if you switch to the private sector. The problem is that many of the govt jobs do not allow one to clock experience that would be useful in the private sector.