Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Would like to know more on 3M and BAT, pls share... (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2507-would-like-know-more-3m-bat-pls-share.html)

chocol80 26-02-2013 11:36 PM

Would like to know more on 3M and BAT, pls share...

Hi folks, i've been jobless for a month now and been to a couple of interviews. Good news is that i've just got job offers from 2 companies (3M and British American Tobacco).
Can anyone provide any info/insight on these 2 companies (ie work environment, culture, career progression). Would like to know more and appreciate any feedback u guys can share ;)

Thanks in advance :)

jobhunter1234 26-02-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chocol80 (Post 33592)
Hi folks, i've been jobless for a month now and been to a couple of interviews. Good news is that i've just got job offers from 2 companies (3M and British American Tobacco).
Can anyone provide any info/insight on these 2 companies (ie work environment, culture, career progression). Would like to know more and appreciate any feedback u guys can share ;)

Care to share your major? I have applied to both but none of them call me for interview. sad.

chocol80 26-02-2013 11:44 PM

I'm a dip grad in ECC.

I didn't apply to the companies but through agencies which happened to have openings for these 2 companies.

Alan Tan 03-11-2013 11:15 AM

I work in 3M before, What position you are applying in 3M Woodlands?

Unregistered 03-11-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chocol80 (Post 33592)

I heard BAT is good if you start off with the management trainee program

Unregistered 03-11-2013 02:20 PM

BAT used to give alot of bonus, not sure abt now.

nonetheless both are big coys, am sure both will give you good opportunities.

Alan Tan 04-11-2013 09:15 AM

not really lor.... I not sure about BAT, but 3M giving AWS and about 2 weeks to 3 weeks bonus, depend on the sale. If you can get one month for bonus, you should be happy liao. That is yearly bonus hor

The reason I resign from there was because I am so disappointed on the management side. Just eg: A senior production technologist without a diploma cert and without skill can get highly recognise, this was because she know how to carry balls, buy breakfast and bring her supervisor outing...And the rest who work hard, gain nothing.

Go in and see for yourself..

Unregistered 13-11-2013 12:24 AM

if you have no ethical qualms about working for BAT, it is a much better choice than 3M.
(though 3M is a good choice too if you compare to most local companies)

Unregistered 18-08-2015 01:54 AM

Anyone from 3m here?

Unregistered 20-08-2015 05:56 AM

I work in 3M Singapore many years.
Manufacturing.
Life was good in the 2000s
With the senior management now, it sucks.
I am thinking to even resign without a job.
That's why you see many vacancy available in 3M