Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Polytechnic lecturer salary range (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2422-polytechnic-lecturer-salary-range.html)

happicat 31-01-2013 02:14 PM

Polytechnic lecturer salary range

May I know how much does a full-time entry-level poly lecturer earn?

Unregistered 31-01-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happicat (Post 32842)
May I know how much does a full-time entry-level poly lecturer earn?

All the info you need is in this thread:

https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/...te-sector.html

Unregistered 10-02-2014 12:44 PM

Poly lecturer salary

How much are the allowances for allowance for industry consultations & weekend classes? Does many poly lecturers give private tuition or lecture part time at other places?

Unregistered 12-02-2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 48111)
How much are the allowances for allowance for industry consultations & weekend classes? Does many poly lecturers give private tuition or lecture part time at other places?

If money is a key concern, better dont come to education field. We need people with passion.

Unregistered 12-02-2014 10:20 PM

some private schools and/or courses are money sucking machines. like finance. the pay is insane. trying going that route.

Unregistered 13-02-2014 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 48217)
some private schools and/or courses are money sucking machines. like finance. the pay is insane. trying going that route.

The schools suck money yes, but they don't pay well either!

Unregistered 13-02-2014 09:29 AM

Interested in poly teaching but only 2 years experience. can bo?

Unregistered 13-02-2014 01:15 PM

can becum research assistant. then progress up.

doraemon 23-12-2014 06:21 PM

I intend to quit my job in private sector and apply a teaching job in poly in order to spend more time with my kid.
May I know how is the working hrs like? If my class finishes at 3pm, can i go home immediately after class? Do i have to go there everyday during holiday?

Unregistered 25-06-2015 06:39 AM

Reply you

You need to be passionate about teaching and interested to groom younger generation. Otherwise poly lecturer is not a suitable place. Today , MOE teacher can easily earn more than poly lecturer in term of annual income

Unregistered 25-06-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68973)
You need to be passionate about teaching and interested to groom younger generation. Otherwise poly lecturer is not a suitable place. Today , MOE teacher can easily earn more than poly lecturer in term of annual income

I thought monthly basic poly lecturer is higher than MOE teacher? Is it because MOE teacher got higher bonus?

Unregistered 25-09-2020 09:49 AM

Yes, the working hours are from 830-6pm regardless whether you have class or not. Most of the time I work till 10pm to prepare materials since I only have time to prepare after 6pm. On other days like marking or doing e-learning materials, can expect to work till 1-2am. There are a lot of meetings. My boss expects us to standby for all the meetings that she attend in case she wants to pass down some instructions. There are no school holidays like MOE. You are clear your own annual leave of 21 days during the school holidays.

Quote:

Originally Posted by doraemon (Post 60420)
I intend to quit my job in private sector and apply a teaching job in poly in order to spend more time with my kid.
May I know how is the working hrs like? If my class finishes at 3pm, can i go home immediately after class? Do i have to go there everyday during holiday?

zero_88 07-04-2022 09:21 AM

anyone know?

Unregistered 09-04-2022 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68973)

poly lecturers can have the perks of dating young girls after classes, have bedded quite a few of my students all above the legal age of 16. MOE teachers want piak their underage students later go jail. so poly is still much better. to add also can Watch colorful panties under short skirts of chio chicks in lecture halls.

Unregistered 09-04-2022 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213111)
poly lecturers can have the perks of dating young girls after classes, have bedded quite a few of my students all above the legal age of 16. MOE teachers want piak their underage students later go jail. so poly is still much better. to add also can Watch colorful panties under short skirts of chio chicks in lecture halls.

hey bro same sentiments here! yummy pink pussies. I love them! shooting inside and bringing them to hotels makes me feel young again!

Unregistered 09-04-2022 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213113)
hey bro same sentiments here! yummy pink pussies. I love them! shooting inside and bringing them to hotels makes me feel young again!

I can't imagine typing this pile of ********... Even if I was a miserable ugly fat Singaporean dogface served 2 years NS like a slave living in the rank #1 most depressed Asian Country in the world I still wouldn't type this ********

Unregistered 09-04-2022 12:47 AM

How does the poly salary scheme compares against the generic civil service scheme?

Unregistered 09-04-2022 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213113)

ITE ones are better easier and more open. Having clocked bedding close to 30 during 4 years stints.

Unregistered 09-04-2022 05:03 PM

Any tips for preparing for an interview without prior teaching experiences?

Unregistered 09-04-2022 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213202)
Any tips for preparing for an interview without prior teaching experiences?

no chance to get in dont waste time. without any teaching experiences, you are just there for interviews to make up the numbers

Unregistered 09-04-2022 09:41 PM

Even the interview itself will require some mock teaching that can be difficult to comprehend for people without teaching experiences. Can't help but feel that I am indeed just going to make up numbers.

But, will still appreciate if there's any tips if any.

Unregistered 11-04-2022 09:15 AM

so whats the typical day of a poly lect

Unregistered 11-04-2022 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213392)
so whats the typical day of a poly lect

watching zao geng? lecture halls, canteens, so much panty colors to see. Some daring ones dont even wear. Ah tiong one some don't shave.

Unregistered 26-06-2022 12:38 AM

What will be the pay of Senior Lecturer range?
With 10 YOE

Unregistered 26-06-2022 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223446)
What will be the pay of Senior Lecturer range?
With 10 YOE

9K and above ?

Unregistered 27-06-2022 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223459)
9K and above ?

so low? lower than any senior engineer outside

Unregistered 30-06-2022 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223538)
so low? lower than any senior engineer outside

Some senior engineer earn 14k

loming 29-07-2022 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146206)
Yes, the working hours are from 830-6pm regardless whether you have class or not. Most of the time I work till 10pm to prepare materials since I only have time to prepare after 6pm. On other days like marking or doing e-learning materials, can expect to work till 1-2am. There are a lot of meetings. My boss expects us to standby for all the meetings that she attend in case she wants to pass down some instructions. There are no school holidays like MOE. You are clear your own annual leave of 21 days during the school holidays.

Sure or not
I see many go back at 3plus to 5pm

Unregistered 16-08-2022 03:29 PM

still no news of any salary adjustments for IHLs

Unregistered 17-08-2022 12:40 AM

Is working as a poly lecturer better than MOE Teachers considering salary and workload??

Unregistered 17-08-2022 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228271)
Is working as a poly lecturer better than MOE Teachers considering salary and workload??

In the public service (regardless of ministry or SB), usually the higher your workload/stress level, the higher the salary will be.

No such thing as low workload and high salary (unless you're your own boss, extremely lucky, or just dreaming)

Unregistered 14-10-2023 09:52 AM

Poly IPS pay scales are very very wide. Some newbies join only $3-6k; senior lecturers can be est $7-11/13K (incl. bonuses) & lecturers with managerial appts/asst/deputy directors etc above can be est $9-15k++ (incl.bonuses). Some r promoted fast over several ranks while some r stuck halfway at ceilings.

Unregistered 09-11-2023 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258124)
Poly IPS pay scales are very very wide. Some newbies join only $3-6k; senior lecturers can be est $7-11/13K (incl. bonuses) & lecturers with managerial appts/asst/deputy directors etc above can be est $9-15k++ (incl.bonuses). Some r promoted fast over several ranks while some r stuck halfway at ceilings.

entry lvl means those with 5 years experience and degree? 5k flat is normal?

Unregistered 11-11-2023 12:58 PM

Entry level $4-6K++.Poly IPX pay scales are very broad. Senior lecturers est $7-11/13K++, lecturers in managerial appts/ asst/deputy directors est $10-15/17k++. Polys stat boards scales r not vastly different from Ministries' MX scales or MOE's GEO-SEO scales. All newbies on probation min 2contracts (total 4-5+yr probatn),not all contracts convert to perm posts- depends job performance.

Unregistered 13-11-2023 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loming (Post 226673)
Sure or not
I see many go back at 3plus to 5pm

If leave 3-5pm BUT...some days 730am sharp in office (some class8am; leave home6+am). If staff leave 3-5pm with LAPTOP, reach home.....marking til late nites/Sat/Sun if exams/ common-tests non-negotiable DEADLINES. Some staff leave 3pm rush home to attend 5pm-7+pm online meetings. Vacations less xiong..overall, it balances out.

Muddypuddle 02-02-2024 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doraemon (Post 60420)

Working hours would depend on poly. The one I am at is really flexible so I appreciate how it allows me to be more available for my kids. We have to be in office one day a week. As for the other days, you only need to be in campus when you have classes and when there are f2f meetings (not often). Hence I usually leave once classes ends. That being said, you do have to manage your own timing with regards to prep work (for class) and marking. As my kids are still young, I tend to do it when they are in school or when they are asleep. For my dept, as long as work gets done promptly they don’t micromanage where you are. The flexibility is really great for young parents like myself l. :)

Unregistered 04-02-2024 06:53 AM

Will there be a salary review this year?

Do contract staff have increment?