Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Waiting time for offer letter from NTU? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2403-waiting-time-offer-letter-nanyang-technological-university.html)

river88rat 24-01-2013 12:29 PM

Waiting time for offer letter from NTU?

hi there,

I have applied for a executive-level corporate position in NTU and have gotten a verbal offer from the HR manager. But they mentioned they have to go thru 'internal processes' in order to get the contract prepared for me.

As this is my first time applying for a position in a civil service job, i would like to know how long typically it takes for the contract to be prepared, and what kind of 'internal procedures' they take? How stringent are they in the educational and ex-job reference checks etc?

Would like to get some input from experienced fellow forummers.

Thanks.

Unregistered 24-01-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by river88rat (Post 32655)
hi there,

I have applied for a executive-level corporate position in NTU and have gotten a verbal offer from the HR manager. But they mentioned they have to go thru 'internal processes' in order to get the contract prepared for me.

As this is my first time applying for a position in a civil service job, i would like to know how long typically it takes for the contract to be prepared, and what kind of 'internal procedures' they take? How stringent are they in the educational and ex-job reference checks etc?

Would like to get some input from experienced fellow forummers.

Thanks.

NTU is civil service?

Unregistered 25-01-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 32666)
NTU is civil service?

Yes, not under stat board

Unregistered 25-01-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 32693)
Yes, not under stat board

NTU is considered as an autonomous university (gov.sg — Directory). They are not public or civil entities per se, but private. Thus employees under them are not public or civil servants.

I think it usually takes HR some time to process the approval for your application, length of which depends on the process and approval layers involved. You should probably receive feedback from them within two months. But I think you can give them a call to politely enquire on the status of your application, dont think there's ánything wrong with it. Good luck anyway!

Unregistered 25-01-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 32695)
NTU is considered as an autonomous university (gov.sg — Directory). They are not public or civil entities per se, but private. Thus employees under them are not public or civil servants.

I think it usually takes HR some time to process the approval for your application, length of which depends on the process and approval layers involved. You should probably receive feedback from them within two months. But I think you can give them a call to politely enquire on the status of your application, dont think there's ánything wrong with it. Good luck anyway!

That is insightful and useful information. Thank you so much appreciate your reply!

Unregistered 12-02-2014 12:37 PM

2 months? Is this the norm?

I have attended 2 interviews and was provided with a verbal offer on the 2nd...still waiting for their offer letter. Enquired once on the status and they mentioned they are still processing... almost 1 month liao...

darkstar 12-02-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 48194)
2 months? Is this the norm?

I have attended 2 interviews and was provided with a verbal offer on the 2nd...still waiting for their offer letter. Enquired once on the status and they mentioned they are still processing... almost 1 month liao...

Which organisation was this? I attended only 1 interview at a local public hospital and was immediatly offered a position rightaway...via email....

But 3 weeks liao and they still cant confirm the renumeration package.....

Unregistered 12-02-2014 03:10 PM

NTU... was told like what river88rat said in earlier post, they have to go through "internal procedures" and also MOE approval....

Unregistered 24-02-2014 03:21 PM

I got the verbal offer in Dec 13, till now i haven't received the official offer letter!!

Unregistered 01-03-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 48637)
I got the verbal offer in Dec 13, till now i haven't received the official offer letter!!

Try bugging the HR for status? No harm