Sales Engineer Basic salary - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Sales Engineer Basic salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
lok4jobs is on a distinguished road
Default Sales Engineer Basic salary

Dear all,
I'm new to this forum.
Like to know that how much basic salary should I expect as no experienced sales engr? I was previously working as process engr in wafer fab and knows nuts about sales. And now I'm aiming for one of the SME company in sg as sales support engr.

Appreciate your kind suggestion.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lok4jobs View Post
Dear all,
I'm new to this forum.
Like to know that how much basic salary should I expect as no experienced sales engr? I was previously working as process engr in wafer fab and knows nuts about sales. And now I'm aiming for one of the SME company in sg as sales support engr.

Appreciate your kind suggestion.
Duno maybe a few k, but who cares about basic salary in a sales job. You should be checking out what is the incentive scheme like.



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Duno maybe a few k, but who cares about basic salary in a sales job. You should be checking out what is the incentive scheme like.
Yup, if you are in sales, you should not be thinking about the basic, commission, work/play balance, incentives are more important. Nowadays car so expensive, have to count if its worth your while.

Since you are from wafer, maybe you can try become a FAE for lithography thingy stuffs. Otherwise process engr is a good job.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
lok4jobs is on a distinguished road
Default

Well previously I got basic of 3.1k+200(allowance).
I just don't want to go back into manufacturing line and wana give it a try to sales.
New job offers 2.3k basic + 800 car allowance (for rookie) and they don't have comm base however got profit sharing, bonus and 13months.
Is it reasonable pay for new sales engr in a small company?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
lok4jobs is on a distinguished road
Default

Btw, any sales engr here, how much is your monthly petrol bill like?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lok4jobs View Post
Btw, any sales engr here, how much is your monthly petrol bill like?
I am not a sales engr, but i settle his claims, typically:

approx 600 +/- 80
approx 400 +/- 150
approved: 400. (not my fault is my boss)

2.3basic is about there is you are fresh grad (no sales experience) 1.7k is for dip no sales experience. comms we give a whopping 5%, they can use this to further discount to our customer, no one cares.

I am not in sales, just another extra man.
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lok4jobs View Post
Well previously I got basic of 3.1k+200(allowance).
I just don't want to go back into manufacturing line and wana give it a try to sales.
New job offers 2.3k basic + 800 car allowance (for rookie) and they don't have comm base however got profit sharing, bonus and 13months.
Is it reasonable pay for new sales engr in a small company?
The basic and car allowance is irrelevant lah, what is the profit sharing like? Did you ask the boss if assume meet target how many months is that? You need at least 4.5 months to cover the basic pay cut and another few months to justify the risk. So if the profit share cannot generate at least 7 mths on target means you lugi liao.

Generally for sales best is go for commission % of contract/bill better. Things like profit share very risky because a lot of expense not controlled by you and boss very easy to manipulate accounts to lower profit.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
lok4jobs is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The basic and car allowance is irrelevant lah, what is the profit sharing like? Did you ask the boss if assume meet target how many months is that? You need at least 4.5 months to cover the basic pay cut and another few months to justify the risk. So if the profit share cannot generate at least 7 mths on target means you lugi liao.

Generally for sales best is go for commission % of contract/bill better. Things like profit share very risky because a lot of expense not controlled by you and boss very easy to manipulate accounts to lower profit.
He didn't mentioned about how many months P.S, just said all depends on my performance. In the ads, mentioned about the comm but during interview he said no comm. Is it called cheating?
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2013, 06:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lok4jobs View Post
He didn't mentioned about how many months P.S, just said all depends on my performance. In the ads, mentioned about the comm but during interview he said no comm. Is it called cheating?
Best to clarify first lah, just tell him your expectations from the profit share is 7 mths if target met, see his reaction and response loh.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2013, 10:28 AM
current sales engineer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hope my reply help, although is late.
Working in sales engineering field, the income you earn is basically base on commission.
As for working as a sales engineer in SME, mostly the car allowance is 600-900. Just enough for you to cover your monthly installment. For petrol, use commission to cover. In SME, the basic quite difficult to increase as the management feel that you are earning by commission and i am giving you by commission, why give you more basic. Plus in SME, the sales is more difficult to close compare to working in MNC. Reputation, delivery lead time all this play a part.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sales engineer Or shipyard engineer? godfred Education and Personal Growth 4 05-11-2012 12:16 PM
Salary for IT SMB/Corporate Sales For Top Grad ITgrad Income and Jobs 2 23-02-2012 11:27 PM
Sales Engineer jobless Income and Jobs 3 12-09-2011 11:34 PM
Sales engineer jumpingman Income and Jobs 3 10-04-2010 10:02 AM
Ex-Engineer now Makes 300k doing Sales Salary.sg Income and Jobs 0 28-07-2008 11:11 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,210 Replies, 6,852,254 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,121 Replies, 5,113,808 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,047 Replies, 1,089,581 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,812 Replies, 1,580,689 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,162 Replies, 10,477,620 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
751 Replies, 416,461 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,685 Replies, 2,394,712 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,164 Replies, 3,808,926 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,827 Replies, 1,449,467 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,829 Replies, 2,309,842 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,508 Replies, 1,404,303 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,903 Replies, 4,733,349 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,285 Replies, 640,042 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,353 Replies, 3,467,336 Views
Work culture in CPF board ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
35 Replies, 78,184 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
723 Replies, 555,428 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
419 Replies, 502,779 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,350 Replies, 1,168,137 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,441 Replies, 12,607,295 Views
Julius Baer Graduate Program 2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 17,031 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,768 Replies, 1,519,769 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,489 Replies, 807,150 Views
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 20,266 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
825 Replies, 390,601 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
323 Replies, 328,455 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
163 Replies, 83,314 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,057 Replies, 452,706 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
279 Replies, 393,712 Views
Any Ministry or Statboard still... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 12,715 Views
Private Banking Salaries ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
83 Replies, 139,342 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2