Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Sales Engineer Basic salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2371-sales-engineer-basic-salary.html)

lok4jobs 09-01-2013 10:24 PM

Sales Engineer Basic salary

Dear all,
I'm new to this forum.
Like to know that how much basic salary should I expect as no experienced sales engr? I was previously working as process engr in wafer fab and knows nuts about sales. And now I'm aiming for one of the SME company in sg as sales support engr.

Appreciate your kind suggestion.

Unregistered 10-01-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lok4jobs (Post 32278)
Dear all,
I'm new to this forum.
Like to know that how much basic salary should I expect as no experienced sales engr? I was previously working as process engr in wafer fab and knows nuts about sales. And now I'm aiming for one of the SME company in sg as sales support engr.

Appreciate your kind suggestion.

Duno maybe a few k, but who cares about basic salary in a sales job. You should be checking out what is the incentive scheme like.

Unregistered 10-01-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 32287)
Duno maybe a few k, but who cares about basic salary in a sales job. You should be checking out what is the incentive scheme like.

Yup, if you are in sales, you should not be thinking about the basic, commission, work/play balance, incentives are more important. Nowadays car so expensive, have to count if its worth your while.

Since you are from wafer, maybe you can try become a FAE for lithography thingy stuffs. Otherwise process engr is a good job.

lok4jobs 10-01-2013 11:05 AM

Well previously I got basic of 3.1k+200(allowance).
I just don't want to go back into manufacturing line and wana give it a try to sales.
New job offers 2.3k basic + 800 car allowance (for rookie) and they don't have comm base however got profit sharing, bonus and 13months.
Is it reasonable pay for new sales engr in a small company?

lok4jobs 10-01-2013 11:15 AM

Btw, any sales engr here, how much is your monthly petrol bill like?

Unregistered 10-01-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lok4jobs (Post 32292)
Btw, any sales engr here, how much is your monthly petrol bill like?

I am not a sales engr, but i settle his claims, typically:

approx 600 +/- 80
approx 400 +/- 150
approved: 400. (not my fault is my boss)

2.3basic is about there is you are fresh grad (no sales experience) 1.7k is for dip no sales experience. comms we give a whopping 5%, they can use this to further discount to our customer, no one cares.

I am not in sales, just another extra man.

Unregistered 10-01-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lok4jobs (Post 32291)
Well previously I got basic of 3.1k+200(allowance).
I just don't want to go back into manufacturing line and wana give it a try to sales.
New job offers 2.3k basic + 800 car allowance (for rookie) and they don't have comm base however got profit sharing, bonus and 13months.
Is it reasonable pay for new sales engr in a small company?

The basic and car allowance is irrelevant lah, what is the profit sharing like? Did you ask the boss if assume meet target how many months is that? You need at least 4.5 months to cover the basic pay cut and another few months to justify the risk. So if the profit share cannot generate at least 7 mths on target means you lugi liao.

Generally for sales best is go for commission % of contract/bill better. Things like profit share very risky because a lot of expense not controlled by you and boss very easy to manipulate accounts to lower profit.

lok4jobs 10-01-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 32298)
The basic and car allowance is irrelevant lah, what is the profit sharing like? Did you ask the boss if assume meet target how many months is that? You need at least 4.5 months to cover the basic pay cut and another few months to justify the risk. So if the profit share cannot generate at least 7 mths on target means you lugi liao.

Generally for sales best is go for commission % of contract/bill better. Things like profit share very risky because a lot of expense not controlled by you and boss very easy to manipulate accounts to lower profit.

He didn't mentioned about how many months P.S, just said all depends on my performance. In the ads, mentioned about the comm but during interview he said no comm. Is it called cheating? :p

Unregistered 10-01-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lok4jobs (Post 32305)
He didn't mentioned about how many months P.S, just said all depends on my performance. In the ads, mentioned about the comm but during interview he said no comm. Is it called cheating? :p

Best to clarify first lah, just tell him your expectations from the profit share is 7 mths if target met, see his reaction and response loh.

current sales engineer 03-05-2013 10:28 AM

Hope my reply help, although is late.
Working in sales engineering field, the income you earn is basically base on commission.
As for working as a sales engineer in SME, mostly the car allowance is 600-900. Just enough for you to cover your monthly installment. For petrol, use commission to cover. In SME, the basic quite difficult to increase as the management feel that you are earning by commission and i am giving you by commission, why give you more basic. Plus in SME, the sales is more difficult to close compare to working in MNC. Reputation, delivery lead time all this play a part.