Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Working in NEA (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2292-working-national-environment-agency.html)

Bustras_ 25-11-2012 06:02 PM

Working in NEA

Hi there, I would like to know how's the working environment in NEA?Anyone care to share?By the way I got an offer as a Techical Officer.

Unregistered 25-11-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bustras_ (Post 30828)
Hi there, I would like to know how's the working environment in NEA?Anyone care to share?By the way I got an offer as a Techical Officer.

you diploma holder??!?

how much they offer you??

NS or no-NS??

Unregistered 25-11-2012 10:31 PM

standard stable but dead end job in stat board as a poly grad, really nothing much to say

wern 25-11-2012 11:10 PM

Just wondering how long did NEA take to process your application?
I applied through their website system in Sept, up till now still no head no tail no response at all.

I already got another offer but it just comes off to me as extremely unethical for them to just ditch and disappear applicants just like that.

Bustras_ 25-11-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30853)
standard stable but dead end job in stat board as a poly grad, really nothing much to say

So what do you mean by dead end job?How's the job prospect?I guess not much of a prospect.

Bustras_ 25-11-2012 11:32 PM

It took them about a month plus to reply.The offer was pretty good compare to my pay in the pte sector mnc.

Unregistered 25-11-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bustras_ (Post 30861)
It took them about a month plus to reply.The offer was pretty good compare to my pay in the pte sector mnc.

Are you able to give a range regarding the offer?

Bustras_ 26-11-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30862)
Are you able to give a range regarding the offer?

I'm not concern about the offer given to me but what i would like to know is how the working environment?DO u work in NEA.I need info on the workscope and progression.

Unregistered 26-11-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bustras_ (Post 30863)
I'm not concern about the offer given to me but what i would like to know is how the working environment?DO u work in NEA.I need info on the workscope and progression.

You join a stat board as a farmer without even a degree. What sort of career progression you talking about? Public service Division II officers pay & progression is all generic across all ministries and stat boards, i.e. stay on for 40 years and upon retirement you can get your 4k+.

There is really no need to talk about progression as a diploma in public sector.

Unregistered 26-11-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30880)
You join a stat board as a farmer without even a degree. What sort of career progression you talking about? Public service Division II officers pay & progression is all generic across all ministries and stat boards, i.e. stay on for 40 years and upon retirement you can get your 4k+.

There is really no need to talk about progression as a diploma in public sector.

Haha sad but true, there is no career to talk about as a Div2 officer but at least is iron rice bowl.

As for culture it depend more on you immediate boss. Good boss close one eye all slack and lim kopi together bad boss throw you to handle all the sai gang and he disappear to eat grass.