Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   House Dealer Kay Hian & Kim Eng (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2289-house-dealer-kay-hian-kim-eng.html)

vincentchean 23-11-2012 10:53 AM

House Dealer Kay Hian & Kim Eng

hi i post another thread recently "Product control". the job search for that didn't go well for the last few months so i tried applying for some sales role.

And i got an interview with Kay Hian and Kim Eng. Does anyone know is there any difference with this 2 ? be it the environment, the working culture, career progress, the pay increment and the bonus payout. of course i'm not asking for the nominal amount but a rough gauge.

beside all these, is there any difference with brokages firms ? e.g kim eng has CFD platform does it means more product the broker can advice the client ?

Unregistered 23-11-2012 11:38 AM

no difference lah, no matter what you join sure start out handling peanut retail clients who are not interested in any sophisticated products or advice.

kay hian more emphasis on customer service, so they require their dealers to do a lot of seminars, talks and workshops after office hr & during weekend to build up relationship. for the first year if no major screw up and you can meet target should be able to get ~35k annual inclusive of basic & incentive

vincentchean 23-11-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30773)
no difference lah, no matter what you join sure start out handling peanut retail clients who are not interested in any sophisticated products or advice.

kay hian more emphasis on customer service, so they require their dealers to do a lot of seminars, talks and workshops after office hr & during weekend to build up relationship. for the first year if no major screw up and you can meet target should be able to get ~35k annual inclusive of basic & incentive

so little meh ? even now my basic is 38k

Unregistered 23-11-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincentchean (Post 30774)
so little meh ? even now my basic is 38k

huh got so high? 38k got aws? Are you fresh grad or mid career? I thought the standard rate among most broker is 2.5k for a deg grad...

vincentchean 23-11-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30775)
huh got so high? 38k got aws? Are you fresh grad or mid career? I thought the standard rate among most broker is 2.5k for a deg grad...

grad 2 years ago. however 2 years down the road still contract staff with not much hope to turn perm. hence looking out for something else.

Unregistered 23-11-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincentchean (Post 30777)
grad 2 years ago. however 2 years down the road still contract staff with not much hope to turn perm. hence looking out for something else.

haha paiseh... thought you were a fresh grad. anyway i think other than the pay the rest of my comment still same, mostly dealing with retail clients so take this as opp to spend a few years build up your business network.

dun worry about products and company, at your level there is no difference

vincentchean 23-11-2012 10:37 PM

what about career prospect ? if want come out of brokage can do what kind of jobs ?

vincentchean 25-11-2012 10:05 PM

chiong ah !

Unregistered 03-12-2012 04:53 PM

market now not good, very hard to survive as dealer

Unregistered 04-12-2012 11:25 AM

Any idea how is the commission like for a broker? Is it base on total contract value transacted every month?