Standard Chartered Bank Back Office - Page 3 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Standard Chartered Bank Back Office

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 30-01-2018, 12:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

For general bands it work like this

Band 1 - CEO
Band 2 - Global Heads
Band 3 - Heads / MDs
Band 4 - EDs / SVP

From here there are Band and Grades (local grade)

Band 5 / M22-23 - Directors / VPs
Band 6 / M20-21 - ADs / AVPs

Band 7 / M18-19 - Managers / Associate
Band 8 / M17 - Analyst

Band 9 ++ - entry level

Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 31-01-2018, 07:46 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For general bands it work like this

Band 8 / M17 - Analyst

Band 9 ++ - entry level
You missed a rank. Band 8 - M16 and M17. Fresh grads generally start at M16 - analyst.



SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2018, 07:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

gosh... i never knew what the band level means. And i'm there for 6 months now at band6, and has a unglamorous title of Analyst

Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2018, 11:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

hi all,

Is it true that SCB dont give salary increment at all?

I am in the midst of a package negotiation for a non-client facing associate role and was told by my friend to jack it up higher since there will be no increment. Any current or ex employee who could shed some insights? thanks
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2018, 06:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

hi anyone who could share some information or insights?
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2018, 06:20 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi all,

Is it true that SCB dont give salary increment at all?

I am in the midst of a package negotiation for a non-client facing associate role and was told by my friend to jack it up higher since there will be no increment. Any current or ex employee who could shed some insights? thanks
Quite true, this year the bank announced their results how good how good but on average most people did not get increment. I have colleagues who 2 years no increment already. So if you want to join make sure you JACK IT UP GAO GAO cos you may end up getting no increment for the next 2-3 years gg.

This year no promote = 0 increment (some luckier pple got 1-3%).
Then promote = 1-3% increment

Hear many colleagues KP, promote liao give them 1% increment, gg kenna rank up for nothing.
Reply With Quote

  #27 (permalink)  
Old 13-05-2018, 12:06 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Scb offer

Do you all know how long scb will give us a letter offer? I feel they take longer than locals
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 13-05-2018, 08:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Quite true, this year the bank announced their results how good how good but on average most people did not get increment. I have colleagues who 2 years no increment already. So if you want to join make sure you JACK IT UP GAO GAO cos you may end up getting no increment for the next 2-3 years gg.

This year no promote = 0 increment (some luckier pple got 1-3%).
Then promote = 1-3% increment

Hear many colleagues KP, promote liao give them 1% increment, gg kenna rank up for nothing.
Interesting.... Excluding Front office, you mean staffs in cost functions across the board generally do not get yearly increments YoY? And yearly salary increments are tagged with promotion?
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2018, 09:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For general bands it work like this

Band 1 - CEO
Band 2 - Global Heads
Band 3 - Heads / MDs
Band 4 - EDs / SVP

From here there are Band and Grades (local grade)

Band 5 / M22-23 - Directors / VPs
Band 6 / M20-21 - ADs / AVPs

Band 7 / M18-19 - Managers / Associate
Band 8 / M17 - Analyst

Band 9 ++ - entry level
Please clarify if M22 is Director and M23 is VP? or they are grades and Director/VP is just designations
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 22-09-2018, 06:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Please clarify if M22 is Director and M23 is VP? or they are grades and Director/VP is just designations
Both M22 and M23 are considered Director/VP, designation-wise it's also country dependent. M22s can have Director/VP/Senior Analyst etc. designations.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Banking - Back Office fishball Income and Jobs 236 27-01-2016 09:03 PM
What is the standard/average salary I can claim as a Senior Software Engineer pdhoot Income and Jobs 12 19-06-2013 12:06 PM
Should I call back after 2nd round of interview? xelon Income and Jobs 5 25-07-2012 10:37 PM
Back-up Career JeffLKS Income and Jobs 3 25-09-2011 11:26 PM
Network Engineer - Joo Koon, office hours jonkuek Marketplace and Find Work 0 21-06-2011 02:43 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,307 Replies, 1,535,243 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,042 Replies, 139,771 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,395 Replies, 1,445,013 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,160 Replies, 4,546,819 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
68 Replies, 68,895 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,379 Replies, 1,112,909 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
160 Replies, 146,292 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,650 Replies, 1,103,942 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,326 Replies, 465,699 Views
How to get into Banking industry? ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 1,245 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
290 Replies, 209,558 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,181 Replies, 793,278 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,679 Replies, 3,370,022 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,514 Replies, 635,892 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,524 Replies, 392,152 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
81 Replies, 16,177 Views
share your instant death at... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 12,878 Views
How much savings do you have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,242 Replies, 473,486 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
167 Replies, 128,553 Views
shipping from China to Singapore
0 Replies, 62 Views
Shell TDP ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
101 Replies, 31,081 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 1,459 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
799 Replies, 592,324 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 6,603 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
604 Replies, 652,604 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
272 Replies, 213,814 Views
Loan offer at low rate
0 Replies, 73 Views
2019 Fresh Grad starting pay
5 Replies, 305 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2