Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Standard Chartered Bank Back Office (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2277-standard-chartered-bank-back-office.html)

Unregistered 29-11-2012 04:15 PM

Hi

standard chartered not easy to get in. I applied once and didn't make their personality test which was a online questionairre. not 5 questions, not 50 questions but at least 250..

Unregistered 29-11-2012 09:13 PM

You just need to look at the racial profile there and think hard.

Unregistered 30-11-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 31034)
Mind disclosing how many yrrs of working exp and salary range?

I am a junior staff only with 1 year experience before joining..

salary is only about 2.9k

Unregistered 30-11-2012 10:32 AM

the thing is i suspect they want someone for the long-term. Based on my view of the survey questions.

But i guess needing someone for the long term is just wishful thinking these days. It's good enough if you stay 3.5 years now..

Having said that, I do not mean they are just looking for a loyal employee, more than that they are looking for someone with ambition, goals and a driven-attitude as well.

Unregistered 30-11-2012 01:55 PM

You are over analyzing and you think too highly of the hiring practices here (and around the world). Rotating doors are commonplace these days. You're not in postwar Japan.

Unregistered 03-12-2012 04:30 PM

anyone join stan chart as marketing research? is the pay and benefit good?

Unregistered 04-12-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 31179)
anyone join stan chart as marketing research? is the pay and benefit good?

Standard lah, around 2.8k for BO roles. Prepare for OT everyday.

Unregistered 28-09-2017 11:24 PM

anybody able to shed some light on their band structure? e.g. is an M7/M8 equivalent to manager/senior analyst, salary range for each band, etc.

Unregistered 01-10-2017 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracker (Post 30270)
Almost any dept within the bank's ops area will be quite mundane and boring. The areas you mentioned are maybe in the risk and control or compliance dept or internal audit (too many to list)

Is an Internal Audit a really dreadful role in banking? There's demand for it but not enough supply.

Unregistered 30-01-2018 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100500)
anybody able to shed some light on their band structure? e.g. is an M7/M8 equivalent to manager/senior analyst, salary range for each band, etc.

I have a similar question. How does their banding work. Seems reverse of IBM where higher band means more senior. SCB on the other hand seems to have lower band numbers as senior.
Also are there multiple M levels within each band? Appreciate if someone could shed some light