Anyone jobless for a long time before? - Page 89 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Anyone jobless for a long time before?

Old 16-02-2015, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

Default Employment opportunities

My company is in the financial industry and we investing heavily to groom our talents. We are hiring fresh grads/ diploma holders who are willing to learn with an open mind and has a drive to succeed. Mentoring will be provided. Interested candidates please send in your resumes to [email protected]. Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview shortly.

Old 16-02-2015, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My company is in the financial industry and we investing heavily to groom our talents. We are hiring fresh grads/ diploma holders who are willing to learn with an open mind and has a drive to succeed. Mentoring will be provided. Interested candidates please send in your resumes to [email protected]. Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview shortly.
Can you please give us the company's website, business registration number and MAS license. This is to allow people to do due diligence. It is not wise to send their resumes to a stranger's email address in an anonymous forum.

There are so many scams nowadays hence we have to be very careful. Appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Thank you.

Old 16-02-2015, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

I have been working in ops for 9yrs drawing 10k pm.
Due to politics in the co, I am looking for new job.
I am inclined to quit first, take a break while looking for new job.
Will it affect my negotiation power? Should I let recruiter know if I have quit?
What is the mkt rate now?
Can I still ask for increment (how much) in new role? Or should I lower my expected salary (by how much)?
Thanks.

Old 23-02-2015, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I have been working in ops for 9yrs drawing 10k pm.
Due to politics in the co, I am looking for new job.
I am inclined to quit first, take a break while looking for new job.
Will it affect my negotiation power? Should I let recruiter know if I have quit?
What is the mkt rate now?
Can I still ask for increment (how much) in new role? Or should I lower my expected salary (by how much)?
Thanks.
First of all, what is your age ? If you are in your mid 30s onwards, always secure a job before you quit. Or else be prepared to face the stress of having no income and no interviews at the same time.

Ask anyone here how it feels to slack at home basically with no incoming funds and the anxieties of waiting for an interview phone call that seems to take forever.

If I were the Interviewer, I will be sceptical about a jobless candidate's answer for having to quit without a job.
Old 23-02-2015, 12:48 PM

infernolord is on a distinguished road

I am in my mid 30s. I have been in the financial industry (asset mgmt) for 9yrs. I was asked to leave my firm last Jun because I have a bad relationship with my last manager.

Since then, I have been actively looking for a job. The job market wasn't as kind as you think. SG ppl are very sceptic when you told them you have no job or the real reason. Sadly, I have to change to a personal reason for leaving without a job in order to go through the interviews.

I struggling to find a job. Job offers are usually contract basis or pay cut. Recently I managed to land myself in a small firm. So my suggestion is always find a job before you quit or u must have a very good reason.
Old 14-04-2015, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

I left a Stat Board during December 2013 and started to help my dad in his business; sometimes, I struggled internally because I don't feel like I am a typical employed person due to the flexibility and hours I work per week (sometimes I could only be attending a few meetings in a week which total to less than 5 hours of work).

I don't know if its considered too young for me to stop working outside so early (I am 28 this year) and just continue doing what I am doing and wait to take over my dad's business.

Therefore, a part of my always felt that I've been unemployed since December 2013. However, I have recently started to look outside to see if there are any opportunities. It feels really intimidating and I am still trying to send out as many applications as possible.

Crossing my fingers, hoping that I would land myself a decent job somewhere.

Old 14-04-2015, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

Hi, i have been jobless since beginning of the year. I'm turning 40 this year. I went for a few interviews so far without success. Today, i went to another interview and they are ready to offer me a job but at a 30% pay cut!

Do you think i should accept the job first and search for another job at the same time? Please advise
Old 14-04-2015, 08:44 PM

infernolord is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi, i have been jobless since beginning of the year. I'm turning 40 this year. I went for a few interviews so far without success. Today, i went to another interview and they are ready to offer me a job but at a 30% pay cut!

Do you think i should accept the job first and search for another job at the same time? Please advise
I totally understand how you feel. I was in this situation as well. I cant find a job after many interviews. Eventually I was offered, there is a pay cut or its a contract. I was lost as well. I guess its up to your own judgement and whether u can continue have saving to last you a few more months.
Its demoralizing, yes. But there is pro and cons. cons. Your pay-cut will be ur new salary level and even your next job after this will relies on this level.
Pro- as least you hv a job, ppl wont look at you differently. And you have lesser stress.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 14-04-2015, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

How much is it? If your previous job pays you $20k pm, earning $14k pm (30% pay cut) is still good enough.
Old 15-04-2015, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

Nope, im not a high flyer here, previously earned about 90+k per annum but now will be getting around 65k per annum if i accept the new job offer.
As of now, im nearly out of job for nearly 4 months and time is running out against me to get a job. The longer you are out of job, the more difficult it is for you to look for one, especially at my age. Financially, i do not have any big tickets items to pay for now though.
But as what inferno have stated, my concern is on the new salary level and the new job will be based on this rather than what i earned previously.