Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Anyone jobless for a long time before?

Old 11-06-2022, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
The problem is Singaporeans mostly think they are entitled just because they are born and grow up here. So they think they should deserve higher pay even though they just graduated and have 0 work experience. Ask them start lower pay they will start to think it is the end of the world.

I observe those pinoys who work in recept area in my office building. Although it is just a recept job, they work with pride and I can see their confidence and professionalism. Ask a Singaporean to work there, I confirm they will start throwing black face. You see why the employers rather hire foreigners ? Singaporeans ask for it one.
Not just about being recep. Alot of fresh grad don't want to do entree level job to learn the trade. They think they can waltz in and manage others. Fat chance for vast majority of them. At thr sane time they are also quick to give up and don't want to put in the hours. End up they rather go do grab. As time went by they become unemployable. Too inexperience for mid level job too highly paid for junior jobs

Old 12-06-2022, 03:49 PM

Godframe is on a distinguished road

I wonder those jobless people if really jobless ? Are they hungry enough? if really hungry enough there's still security industry to work. Just go take wsq course and get security license. Though long hours but min also can get 3k gross per mth. Most of the time Zuo bo lan there also. Stress freeee. Can choose the location near to your house also.

I have known some of my friends cause of some mistake made in life, their career screwed up and having pay cut 20% and restart their career all over at 30s. Depressing and despair, nevertheless they still strike on. End of day bread on table is more impt.

And recession can be seen starting with the impact of covid 19 still and Russia-Ukraine/Nato/US tension. Inflation will keep going up. Foresee more jobless people soon. Now got whatever job just take liao. Mai hiam this and hiam that of what pay low.

Look at other countries such as HongKong, Taiwan, Shanghai, and more. Their wages are way way lower than us, housing more fking expensive than sg cause doesnt have so called gov grant. Can you imagine the people there are more stress and despo than us? Having mthly pay or maybe 1.5k for diploma holder or 2k for degree holder and cant even afford the sky high apartment unit costing 800k to few m sgd.

Yet sg ppl here kpkb and whine jobless. F&b job so many hiring, at least also got 2.5k
Want high pay job and not stress and office hours. Where to find?? Even if so, do you have the capability and ability for that position?? End of day later got high pay job also kpkb too stresss, no time for family, dog life or whatsoever then end up resigning.
then kpkb jobless again.

Old 12-06-2022, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godframe View Post
I wonder those jobless people if really jobless ? Are they hungry enough? if really hungry enough there's still security industry to work. Just go take wsq course and get security license. Though long hours but min also can get 3k gross per mth. Most of the time Zuo bo lan there also. Stress freeee. Can choose the location near to your house also.

I have known some of my friends cause of some mistake made in life, their career screwed up and having pay cut 20% and restart their career all over at 30s. Depressing and despair, nevertheless they still strike on. End of day bread on table is more impt.

And recession can be seen starting with the impact of covid 19 still and Russia-Ukraine/Nato/US tension. Inflation will keep going up. Foresee more jobless people soon. Now got whatever job just take liao. Mai hiam this and hiam that of what pay low.

Look at other countries such as HongKong, Taiwan, Shanghai, and more. Their wages are way way lower than us, housing more fking expensive than sg cause doesnt have so called gov grant. Can you imagine the people there are more stress and despo than us? Having mthly pay or maybe 1.5k for diploma holder or 2k for degree holder and cant even afford the sky high apartment unit costing 800k to few m sgd.

Yet sg ppl here kpkb and whine jobless. F&b job so many hiring, at least also got 2.5k
Want high pay job and not stress and office hours. Where to find?? Even if so, do you have the capability and ability for that position?? End of day later got high pay job also kpkb too stresss, no time for family, dog life or whatsoever then end up resigning.
then kpkb jobless again.
Was unemployed for few months after quitting an office job. Then I took a 30% pay cut from working at a white collar job to a blue collar job. Although, now it is physically more tiring, i dont have to "work" on weekends. Plus, its a night shift job. Loving the change of environment. Its much cooler and quieter in the night. No meetings, just short briefings. Not feeling like im trap in a prison while i am desk-bound.

Old 12-06-2022, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It isn't common, in fact it is very rare. According to the stats it's only a few percent (like 2 or 5% that kind) that be jobless.
you naive enough to believe the stats provided? lmao.
Old 12-06-2022, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Was unemployed for few months after quitting an office job. Then I took a 30% pay cut from working at a white collar job to a blue collar job. Although, now it is physically more tiring, i dont have to "work" on weekends. Plus, its a night shift job. Loving the change of environment. Its much cooler and quieter in the night. No meetings, just short briefings. Not feeling like im trap in a prison while i am desk-bound.
30% pay cut. That's a lot. But end of day health is more impt than money. As long as the money is enough for you and feel happier its enough. No point having high pay job and getting burn out, stress out. Most importantly is know how to manage your wealth. I seen a lot earning decent salary but buy luxury car, condo that are out of their range. And got retrenched then struggling liao.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 12-06-2022, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godframe View Post
30% pay cut. That's a lot. But end of day health is more impt than money. As long as the money is enough for you and feel happier its enough. No point having high pay job and getting burn out, stress out. Most importantly is know how to manage your wealth. I seen a lot earning decent salary but buy luxury car, condo that are out of their range. And got retrenched then struggling liao.
Indeed. As of now, i got no debt such as uni loans and housing debt. Only pay own phone bills and giving my parents allowance. Usually eat at home unless i feel like going out to eat.

Old 12-06-2022, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

Singaporean no 5k no talk
Old 13-06-2022, 05:03 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I have to agree with you. Now some HDBs already reached 1mil in sale. Soon, others will mark up their prices as well.
Old 13-06-2022, 09:11 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I have to agree with you. Now some HDBs already reached 1mil in sale. Soon, others will mark up their prices as well.
Nobody force you to buy $1m hdb, man. So many unsold cheap hdb in woodlands and yishun and you talk about $1m hdb....
Old 13-06-2022, 09:12 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Why stop at $5k? $1m a month also not enough. How to afford to maintain gulf stream private jet or 200ft mefa yatch. Lol