Anyone jobless for a long time before? - Page 63 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Anyone jobless for a long time before?

Old 07-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

Sorry to hijack the thread but I couldnt resist adding to the hypothetical but too common issue of spousal betrayal.

I said hypothetical because I am not sure if you are married. Like being employed, being married requires constant work. For example making yourself appealing and attractive (not just in phyiscal ways, but in endearing ways as well) to your spouse. Many couples immediately get too comfortable with each other once married. They neglect to groom themselves and begin to take each other for granted. If only they dress up a little while at home, and not just when going out to work. Constant communication with one another is also important to show care and to express affection. Similarly when at work, we need to constantly show value to our employer and constantly update progress, problems and offer solution to address the problems.

Once a spouse start to betray, it is terribly late (but can still be salvaged as many committed spouses have shown), just like once an employer starts looking for a replacement for you, you are in a terrible state. The "trick" is to never let it reach this state of affairs both in married life and in employment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floralpeace View Post
Different ppl different situation.
My coy cant stay for tat long also. If I dun go out kna backstab til out oso. By that time nobody will consider for interview even.
Its like a relationship if the spouse betray will u make thgs work?
For me I won't. I will leave.
Knowing the current situation and thinking bk. I still would make the same decision.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dont listen to that kind of frivolous advise. He is 53 and is not likely to get employed to his old position / salary level again. He may think that he has no more ego, but in actual case, circumstances have forced him to swallow his pride and to settle for what he is doing now. Even to the extent of downgrading from his condo.

Everyone dreams of being their own boss, but not everyone can be one. While we cant be our own boss, we can work hard, save, invest and grow our wealth to feel like a boss.

A person can follow 4 career paths:

1. Be an employee
2. Be a sole proprietor eg dentist, GP, accountant, consultant, tuition teacher etc.
3. Be an investor
4 Be a businness owner

If you are good at something and really passionate about it, you can and probably do well as a sole proprietor. Being a business owner is out for most of us ordinary folks especially when starting out.

Being an employee is what most of us will start off as and likely to end our working life as one as well. But it is not all gloom and doom being an employee. When gainfully employed, we must strive to save and invest as much as we can. You will be pleasantly surprised what time can do to constant, and persistent savings and investments.

For my case, I have stocks of 30 companies and each financial year closing, I get annual reports from these 30 companies that gave me a sense of being a "boss". I am not craving to be a boss, but I can imagine what this can do for those who want to be bosses. Besides the annual reports, I get to attend AGMs and question the management teams of the companies. Why be a boss? The best part, is the dividends that rolled in !

It is important to do a bit of soul searching and see which category you are suited for. For most of us, it is to be an employee.
Hi all

Great advice from everyone of you. It is good that I chance upon this forum. It is really good to have 'listening' ears. Like someone said, these things cannot be said in the office.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 07-08-2014, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Any fresh graduates from 2014 still unable to find jobs?
my friend graduated from 2012 still cannot find a job. Only count on part time jobs to survive

Old 07-08-2014, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
my friend graduated from 2012 still cannot find a job. Only count on part time jobs to survive
hi ,
is your friend a local Singaporean?
Old 09-08-2014, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

hi all, I been through to three interviews for a position. If my final interview is HR, does that mean I will be offered the job on the spot or juz simply interview?

I nv been to final interview before.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

Go get a contract role instead of lazing around

Abundant openings in contract posts

Stop thinking of the negatives sch as contract roles does not reflect well in resumes. Sounds more like a bs excuse to me

Or

Contract roles are rarely convertible to perm. U haven't tried how u know. I have so many perfect living examples in my office and my friends around in other industry
Just another bs to me and that ur purely lazy

Contract role r so abundant, even if it's hard to find a relevant jobscope, it will offers opportunity to get into relevant industry. From there ur earning some money at least, getting a feel of the industry and most importantly te networks u get.

Old 09-08-2014, 02:28 PM

floralpeace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sorry to hijack the thread but I couldnt resist adding to the hypothetical but too common issue of spousal betrayal.

I said hypothetical because I am not sure if you are married. Like being employed, being married requires constant work. For example making yourself appealing and attractive (not just in phyiscal ways, but in endearing ways as well) to your spouse. Many couples immediately get too comfortable with each other once married. They neglect to groom themselves and begin to take each other for granted. If only they dress up a little while at home, and not just when going out to work. Constant communication with one another is also important to show care and to express affection. Similarly when at work, we need to constantly show value to our employer and constantly update progress, problems and offer solution to address the problems.

Once a spouse start to betray, it is terribly late (but can still be salvaged as many committed spouses have shown), just like once an employer starts looking for a replacement for you, you are in a terrible state. The "trick" is to never let it reach this state of affairs both in married life and in employment.
The betrayal is not start looking for replacement for you. It is scapegoating. And it is despicable. This happens bcz of poor management.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Ur fren graduate from where?
Gt find job actively onot?
Hard to think that fibd job actively can also 2 yr gap.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Go get a contract role instead of lazing around

Abundant openings in contract posts

Stop thinking of the negatives sch as contract roles does not reflect well in resumes. Sounds more like a bs excuse to me

Or

Contract roles are rarely convertible to perm. U haven't tried how u know. I have so many perfect living examples in my office and my friends around in other industry
Just another bs to me and that ur purely lazy

Contract role r so abundant, even if it's hard to find a relevant jobscope, it will offers opportunity to get into relevant industry. From there ur earning some money at least, getting a feel of the industry and most importantly te networks u get.
Im holding 2 part times but not gg into contract.
Employers usually start questioning wen they see contracts in resume.
They will think u like to hop around and dun want to settle down.
So I rather do part time whr I can arrange interviews with ease without hving kip taking leaves every week.
And a gap is better den to lump in contract cz contract in another field shows you don't know wad u wan.
And once potential employer probes into why u choose to do this n that the interview has gone to a negative direction.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by floralpeace View Post
Im holding 2 part times but not gg into contract.
Employers usually start questioning wen they see contracts in resume.
They will think u like to hop around and dun want to settle down.
So I rather do part time whr I can arrange interviews with ease without hving kip taking leaves every week.
And a gap is better den to lump in contract cz contract in another field shows you don't know wad u wan.
And once potential employer probes into why u choose to do this n that the interview has gone to a negative direction.
But now most jobs especially government ones are contract jobs.