Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone jobless for a long time before? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2271-anyone-jobless-long-time-before.html)

Unregistered 15-11-2012 08:35 PM

Quit the job and dont waste your time sitting around for that month end paycheck, you need to be learning valuable skills everyday and be proactive, at your age you need to be garnering all kinds of usefull skillsets not sitting ard just collecting money and not learning anything that can further your career. In the long run, you will lose out to your more knowledge hungry peers.

Unregistered 16-11-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30406)
All

I have a job and am paid well. But I practially have nothing much to do. I felt useless at times. I am not sure if I should give it up and find something that is more fulfilling than hanging around and looking forward to the pay day every month.

Well, if you are still young, armed with the relevant paper qualifications and energy to start your career all over again, maybe you can consider getting a new job so as not to have any regrets in life.

However, if you have bills to pay and especially if you have any dependents, it is better to remain at your job and get the salary since it pays you well.

Just out of curiosity, what is your job scope and industry? Is there such a good job???

Unregistered 16-11-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30415)
Quit the job and dont waste your time sitting around for that month end paycheck, you need to be learning valuable skills everyday and be proactive, at your age you need to be garnering all kinds of usefull skillsets not sitting ard just collecting money and not learning anything that can further your career. In the long run, you will lose out to your more knowledge hungry peers.

bad advice.

if you find a golden goose but a boring one, continue milking it.

learning new things is overrated. there's a phd who had to resort to driving a taxi (and i'm sure he didn't make 7k). mind you, he got his phd from Stanford and he was publishing new and useful stuff in his field. still, he was kicked out of his research institution due to politics.

it's just luck, bro.

if you luck out, be contented and don't complain that it's "boring".

Unregistered 16-11-2012 12:43 PM

Life is short. Just Quit!

No point working in a meaningless job with no growth - when you stop growing you die

I made a bold step 10 years ago to go into teaching after 15 years of corporate life

I had a good position with a great package but I was stuck and found my job becoming meaningless by the day. I asked myself what I really want, it is not money but a meaningful life. I took the plunge, had a pay cut and never looked back. I am happy today working with young people. My life is now very meaningful.

Unregistered 16-11-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30428)
Well, if you are still young, armed with the relevant paper qualifications and energy to start your career all over again, maybe you can consider getting a new job so as not to have any regrets in life.

However, if you have bills to pay and especially if you have any dependents, it is better to remain at your job and get the salary since it pays you well.

Just out of curiosity, what is your job scope and industry? Is there such a good job???

My package is in the range of 200 to 250 k per year. I am in my early 40s.

Unregistered 17-11-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30469)
My package is in the range of 200 to 250 k per year. I am in my early 40s.

U gotta be kidding...such a good job and you want to quit? You gotta be out of your mind...

Unregistered 17-11-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30490)
U gotta be kidding...such a good job and you want to quit? You gotta be out of your mind...

If you are purely looking at the package, yes indeed.

But if you are just passing day by day and not knowing what lies ahead, it is frustrating. This has been on going for 2 years.

Unregistered 17-11-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30514)

But if you are just passing day by day and not knowing what lies ahead, it is frustrating. This has been on going for 2 years.

dude what is your rank in the company? Senior manager or MD or GM

Unregistered 17-11-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30514)

I would love to have your job. Seriously. Care to share what is your job about and the level of management you are in?

Unregistered 17-11-2012 11:37 AM

this guy is a big cannon!! talking cock bloody cock. 200k per annum doing nothing? ********. you must be at least doing something like strategic decision making if you are so high level. ******** big cannon asshole. the way he talk like mocking us. OH I GET PAID 200,000 AND I AM FRUSTRATED NOTHING TO DO.. GO GET A LIFE LAH LOSER.