Anyone jobless for a long time before? - Page 317 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Anyone jobless for a long time before?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3161 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2022, 11:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godframe View Post
Me went to study for some degree for mha personal. Work part time study part time for 3 years. Then nv expect this covid pandemic. Tried applying civil servant and gov job all i get is unsuccessful or rejection after few tries. As im not a second upper or honor kinda hard to get in. And my experience and cert couldnt get me else where also. Try career switching to HR executive, recruiters or other jobs. Even applied sgunited/sgup. Go interview all tell me they looking for at least 1 year experience. wa lau eh. Even 2.4k per mth i also want to take also no chance. not even shortlisted. No give chance how to get experience.

I from security field. but too tiring in that field. long 12 hrs shift working 5 to 6 days per week earning peanuts.

got offer for jobs la like management trainee aka insurance or bank wealth advisors. worth to give it a try? anyone can give guidance? heard from my peers bank or insurance job if never hit kpi for 3 months or more, u will be asked to leave with no pay or paying back all the basic u have taken.

This covid really jialet. even for sdeo, sda the amount of applicants applying min 90 to 200. Not even getting a reply from the agencies.
If you not extrovert or outgoing kind, better dont go down the insurance path. Really need be thick skin to get clients. The manager will talk to you in the interview saying all the good stuffs but they never say about those who performed poorly. I kena few times already. I already know but just want to see how they going to "persuade" me to join.

Reply With Quote
  #3162 (permalink)  
Old 24-01-2022, 12:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 33
Godframe is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You can but the positions available to you will have low pay unless you got IT background which may help you abit. Overall , best to have certs to boost that pay base. Thats what most of the companies look at now.
ok bro thanks for the insight. will take a look.

Reply With Quote
  #3163 (permalink)  
Old 24-01-2022, 12:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 33
Godframe is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes bro. My dad works security. I see him damn tired but lucky he took my advice to find those jobs that are nearby to home. 12hrs shift. 8am-8pm. Good thing is its nearby and have direct to and back. Even then, he reach home, eat dinner and chill abit then go sleep. same routine everyday except day off. I see also i shag.
Ya exactly, sames goes to apo. damn tiring. Concern about my health on the long run. no doubt is good money. But really no life. I last time was an apo before also. Reach home rush my meal, shower then sleep already. shag balls.
Then off day is typically sleep whole day to recharge yr energy for the next 5 to 6 days work shift cycle.

Reply With Quote
  #3164 (permalink)  
Old 24-01-2022, 12:15 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godframe View Post
Ya exactly, sames goes to apo. damn tiring. Concern about my health on the long run. no doubt is good money. But really no life. I last time was an apo before also. Reach home rush my meal, shower then sleep already. shag balls.
Then off day is typically sleep whole day to recharge yr energy for the next 5 to 6 days work shift cycle.
unfortunately only the knowledge worker can earn big bucks.
Reply With Quote
  #3165 (permalink)  
Old 24-01-2022, 12:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 33
Godframe is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you not extrovert or outgoing kind, better dont go down the insurance path. Really need be thick skin to get clients. The manager will talk to you in the interview saying all the good stuffs but they never say about those who performed poorly. I kena few times already. I already know but just want to see how they going to "persuade" me to join.
Yes im not extrovert type. Been to some interview, the interviewer directly told me I dont looked like those out going type. Then nv get back to me already.haha. but sadly, now a lot so called management trainees jobs are insurance. End up what industry are u in now?

Any bro here got insights abt being career path being a recruiter? if really cant secure a job i no choice but to go back to apo path. Hopefully in next few weeks can secure gov jobs.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #3166 (permalink)  
Old 24-01-2022, 03:46 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godframe View Post
Yes im not extrovert type. Been to some interview, the interviewer directly told me I dont looked like those out going type. Then nv get back to me already.haha. but sadly, now a lot so called management trainees jobs are insurance. End up what industry are u in now?

Any bro here got insights abt being career path being a recruiter? if really cant secure a job i no choice but to go back to apo path. Hopefully in next few weeks can secure gov jobs.
Or u can consider grab food or grab car temporary while u look for jobs? Heard the pay not bad
Reply With Quote

  #3167 (permalink)  
Old 24-01-2022, 11:35 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Is it stupid to quit without a job now ?

I in admin line. Assuming I do not have commitment except monthly insurance and payouts to my aged parents.

My savings only $10,000. True not bluffing.

I cannot tolerate my current workplace anymore. Is it stupid to quit my job without securing another job ?
The reasons for quitting my current job is long story. Not wanting to repeat.
Reply With Quote
  #3168 (permalink)  
Old 24-01-2022, 11:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 33
Godframe is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it stupid to quit without a job now ?

I in admin line. Assuming I do not have commitment except monthly insurance and payouts to my aged parents.

My savings only $10,000. True not bluffing.

I cannot tolerate my current workplace anymore. Is it stupid to quit my job without securing another job ?
The reasons for quitting my current job is long story. Not wanting to repeat.
I suggest you better to secure a job first before resigning bro. Now quite hard to find jobs unless u willing to take any job offers in any field. I'm in yr situation 2 months back. Cannot tolerate my workplace toxic culture etc. Posted me to department which is very physical demanding for me. Then i just resigned.
Been on job hunts for almost like 1 month+ sending over like closed to 100 applications only got 10 interviews? got few offers but really low ball me. is liek pay cut $800 to 1k which i declined also.
Reply With Quote
  #3169 (permalink)  
Old 24-01-2022, 12:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it stupid to quit without a job now ?

I in admin line. Assuming I do not have commitment except monthly insurance and payouts to my aged parents.

My savings only $10,000. True not bluffing.

I cannot tolerate my current workplace anymore. Is it stupid to quit my job without securing another job ?
The reasons for quitting my current job is long story. Not wanting to repeat.
How old are you?
Reply With Quote
  #3170 (permalink)  
Old 24-01-2022, 12:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godframe View Post
I suggest you better to secure a job first before resigning bro. Now quite hard to find jobs unless u willing to take any job offers in any field. I'm in yr situation 2 months back. Cannot tolerate my workplace toxic culture etc. Posted me to department which is very physical demanding for me. Then i just resigned.
Been on job hunts for almost like 1 month+ sending over like closed to 100 applications only got 10 interviews? got few offers but really low ball me. is liek pay cut $800 to 1k which i declined also.
I am that poster.

low ball salary cut of $800 to $1,000 really too much.

Hope you get your desired job soon.

Let's strive to be positive !
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jobless Graduates Should Consider SAF Salary.sg Income and Jobs 63 06-10-2021 07:32 PM
Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh Graduates Jobless Salary.sg Income and Jobs 48 01-07-2020 03:43 PM
How long should i work here? dryden28 Income and Jobs 6 31-08-2010 04:27 PM
65,400 Jobless in September, will be Significantly More Salary.sg Income and Jobs 0 16-01-2009 05:38 PM
Bank executives work long hours Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 25-05-2008 03:02 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Official 2022 Retrechment thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
78 Replies, 7,807 Views
Polytechnic lecturer salary range ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 78,779 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,218 Replies, 8,905,497 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,147 Replies, 564,600 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,136 Replies, 253,514 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
456 Replies, 240,625 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,756 Replies, 957,023 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,132 Replies, 6,432,536 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,200 Replies, 2,403,701 Views
Band 4 and Band 5 in Standard... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
49 Replies, 69,769 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
430 Replies, 160,423 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,601 Replies, 2,022,700 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,791 Replies, 845,340 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,970 Replies, 1,921,027 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
501 Replies, 140,994 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,060 Replies, 2,931,528 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,613 Replies, 3,093,693 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,616 Replies, 3,497,835 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
230 Replies, 251,763 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
957 Replies, 630,381 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,133 Replies, 297,177 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,172 Replies, 853,851 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,300 Replies, 707,740 Views
ByteDance / TikTok ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 3,883 Views
2022 Full time/Summer internship... ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 2,329 Views
Open Government Products (under...
9 Replies, 987 Views
Want to Save More Money? Our Free...
6 Replies, 8,498 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,379 Replies, 2,297,158 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
331 Replies, 222,765 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
91 Replies, 131,112 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2