Anyone jobless for a long time before? - Page 306 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Anyone jobless for a long time before?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3051 (permalink)  
Old 20-08-2021, 02:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am early 40s, jobless for 1 year 4 months... gf left me, oh ex-gf now.

Apply over 100s of jobs, been to 30+ interviews

Their excuse:
Your pay too high (They offer below 2k???)
You are over qualify (Have a Master only not even consider that is high)

Live in a small condo and a car (Both fully paid)
Currently living off my earning from past investment which not much balance. Male friends all missing after I jobless. A female friend help me here and there (financially)

Got a job offer finally and accepted to start in Early Sept.
In your 40s but they offer you less than 2k? Smlj sia lol

Reply With Quote
  #3052 (permalink)  
Old 20-08-2021, 03:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In your 40s but they offer you less than 2k? Smlj sia lol
Ya man no 10k no talk

Reply With Quote
  #3053 (permalink)  
Old 20-08-2021, 04:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am early 40s, jobless for 1 year 4 months... gf left me, oh ex-gf now.

Apply over 100s of jobs, been to 30+ interviews

Their excuse:
Your pay too high (They offer below 2k???)
You are over qualify (Have a Master only not even consider that is high)

Live in a small condo and a car (Both fully paid)
Currently living off my earning from past investment which not much balance. Male friends all missing after I jobless. A female friend help me here and there (financially)

Got a job offer finally and accepted to start in Early Sept.
cool story bro



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #3054 (permalink)  
Old 20-08-2021, 04:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
cool story bro
So only ppl live in 2room hdb, with N level been jobless than is real?
Reply With Quote
  #3055 (permalink)  
Old 20-08-2021, 04:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So only ppl live in 2room hdb, with N level been jobless than is real?
Fully paid condo and car but commanding 2k in his 40s. Ok lor, you think real then real lor.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #3056 (permalink)  
Old 20-08-2021, 05:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Fully paid condo and car but commanding 2k in his 40s. Ok lor, you think real then real lor.
If you read what i say, they offer me 2k not i ask for 2k. Perhaps you are lowly educated and don't understand simple English
Reply With Quote

  #3057 (permalink)  
Old 20-08-2021, 05:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you read what i say, they offer me 2k not i ask for 2k. Perhaps you are lowly educated and don't understand simple English
they didnt see you got masters ? why would they even offer 2k for master holder. Even deg also dont want take unless dont have a choice. May i know what's the salary for the offer you accepted?
Reply With Quote
  #3058 (permalink)  
Old 20-08-2021, 05:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
they didnt see you got masters ? why would they even offer 2k for master holder. Even deg also dont want take unless dont have a choice. May i know what's the salary for the offer you accepted?
I work as PM before this, got 9.8k, when jobless i bring myself down to just 5k to 7k job. This stupid company some SMC at Ubi give me a dumb offer at 1.95k obviously i reject, maybe they just playing with me.

The new job i get offer me at 7k during probation and once confirm will be 7.5k to 8k base on performance or remain at 7k. But only have 13 month, nothing else, but its the best so far so just grab it.
Reply With Quote
  #3059 (permalink)  
Old 20-08-2021, 05:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I work as PM before this, got 9.8k, when jobless i bring myself down to just 5k to 7k job. This stupid company some SMC at Ubi give me a dumb offer at 1.95k obviously i reject, maybe they just playing with me.

The new job i get offer me at 7k during probation and once confirm will be 7.5k to 8k base on performance or remain at 7k. But only have 13 month, nothing else, but its the best so far so just grab it.
Congrats sir. PM for which industry leh

Is the economy that bad? I have 2 yoe in tech related role almost everyday got recruiter msg me then I feel like telling them stopů
Reply With Quote
  #3060 (permalink)  
Old 20-08-2021, 06:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Congrats sir. PM for which industry leh

Is the economy that bad? I have 2 yoe in tech related role almost everyday got recruiter msg me then I feel like telling them stopů
construction equipment industry, business no good for past 1 over years
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jobless Graduates Should Consider SAF Salary.sg Income and Jobs 63 06-10-2021 07:32 PM
Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh Graduates Jobless Salary.sg Income and Jobs 48 01-07-2020 03:43 PM
How long should i work here? dryden28 Income and Jobs 6 31-08-2010 04:27 PM
65,400 Jobless in September, will be Significantly More Salary.sg Income and Jobs 0 16-01-2009 05:38 PM
Bank executives work long hours Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 25-05-2008 03:02 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
885 Replies, 225,950 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,702 Replies, 2,257,206 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,028 Replies, 791,888 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,012 Replies, 8,688,003 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,871 Replies, 6,240,418 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,747 Replies, 819,874 Views
is this tech job normal? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
40 Replies, 4,339 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,010 Replies, 524,217 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,275 Replies, 877,135 Views
Management Consultant in Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 68,440 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,514 Replies, 1,972,792 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,848 Replies, 2,800,390 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,436 Replies, 3,378,490 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
167 Replies, 61,751 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
857 Replies, 175,793 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
858 Replies, 391,460 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
439 Replies, 107,943 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
319 Replies, 210,070 Views
Reference Checks: Does SG HR... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
93 Replies, 150,334 Views
PSA International ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
87 Replies, 24,027 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,048 Replies, 358,186 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,333 Replies, 2,233,254 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
311 Replies, 139,023 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
862 Replies, 596,418 Views
Marriott International
0 Replies, 103 Views
Internship tips
5 Replies, 290 Views
HSBC Bank ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 57,876 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
199 Replies, 159,312 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,585 Replies, 3,026,815 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
352 Replies, 139,658 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2