Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone jobless for a long time before? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2271-anyone-jobless-long-time-before.html)

Unregistered 20-07-2021 07:01 AM

Has been so quiet lately.

Anyone have any updates to this forum? Good updates or bad ones? It has been really quiet lately.

Unregistered 20-07-2021 09:43 AM

not really jobless, but have been contracting for a year and have tried applying to no avail. likely to stay contracted for another year.

can anyone please share their experience of having contracted for quite some time before converting? any tips? thank you

Unregistered 20-07-2021 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168993)
Does the government discriminate SIM degree holders?
Just graduated with a Business degree and tried to apply for generalist role (Asst Manager etc) in stat board/ministries and received a total of ZERO response from them.

Didn't the government say they don't see paper qualifications 100%?

Yeah it's true not 100%, but 99.999% of the time they do. LOL

Unregistered 21-07-2021 01:46 AM

Do you all think contract job or SGUnited traineeship is better under the current circumstances?

Unregistered 21-07-2021 02:35 AM

Best thread ever

Whenever im feeling down, i just need to come to this thread to feel better about myself hahahaha

sinkingfeeling 21-07-2021 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178144)
Best thread ever

Whenever im feeling down, i just need to come to this thread to feel better about myself hahahaha

Glad to know I can help fellow sinkies sleep well at night :(

Sinkie 31-07-2021 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178144)
Best thread ever

Sinkie pwn sinkie, can sleep well tonight

Unregistered 01-08-2021 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170250)
A lot of Singaporeans don't understand that a Degree, MBA, Phd, professional certifications like PMP are theoretical qualifications that show an employer that an education institute has certified your ability to do certain jobs. But these need to go hand in hand with your experience and achievements.

"I have an MBA"
The employer still cannot link themselves to this statement.

vs

"I led projects to successful launch with Cisco"
"I designed the product development procedure to cater to customer context and was accepted by Seagate"
"I designed the product which led to acceptance by Micron"
"I reduced customer complaint from Toshiba from 1000ppm to 200ppm"
The employer immediately opens up and will want to find out more. This creates a linkage with your potential employer to put you ahead of your Competitor.

Yes paper qualification is Good. But it does not stop there because it needs to lead to something.

But that's not how majority of people with MBA thinks. Esp those not from ivy leagues. They think "I have a MBA therefore I am entitled to that senior management position even if i have no management experience".

Unregistered 19-08-2021 08:01 AM

I am the "fresh grad" previously with more than 1.5 yrs gap. I managed to find a job but i have been struggling. Usually, i do well in the tasks given to me, but i feel like i do things really slow and badly in this job. Kind of thinking like i am not fit for the corporate world.

Unregistered 20-08-2021 09:51 AM

I am early 40s, jobless for 1 year 4 months... gf left me, oh ex-gf now.

Apply over 100s of jobs, been to 30+ interviews

Their excuse:
Your pay too high (They offer below 2k???)
You are over qualify (Have a Master only not even consider that is high)

Live in a small condo and a car (Both fully paid)
Currently living off my earning from past investment which not much balance. Male friends all missing after I jobless. A female friend help me here and there (financially)

Got a job offer finally and accepted to start in Early Sept.