Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone jobless for a long time before? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2271-anyone-jobless-long-time-before.html)

Unregistered 04-04-2020 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131732)
Very hard. Now many companies need work from home. Not sure if they will be freezing hiring for the time being.

I applied 70+ jobs this year, but only had 2 interview invitations till now

I was interviewing with two MNC's
one made it to the final round, HH said they were preparing the offer and then finally he called to say that they have put the role on hold

second one, made it through 3 rounds and my application still shows "in review" but they have not called me at all. I am not desperate (still have my current job and doing pretty ok), so I am not pushing either

Unregistered 04-04-2020 02:53 PM

I am unemployed for half a year

Unregistered 04-04-2020 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131756)
I am unemployed for half a year

fresh grad ?

Unregistered 04-04-2020 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131761)
fresh grad ?

graduated in 2018. unable to get a full time job and was doing contract which ended last year

Unregistered 04-04-2020 05:26 PM

jobless and depressed

Feeling very depressed.. Male local uni grad here, late 30s. Unemployed coming to 8 months now. Have been sending out countless applications and customised resumes but no response at all. I dare not leave home for the past months to avoid bumping into anyone familiar. Only leave home once a day to get food and dont want to be asked about my employment situation. Staying with parents and getting tired of seeing the same faces at home everyday. Covid just made everything worse, pte and gvmt nobody is hiring anymore. am thinking suicide rates will go up soon..

Unregistered 04-04-2020 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131769)
Feeling very depressed.. Male local uni grad here, late 30s. Unemployed coming to 8 months now. Have been sending out countless applications and customised resumes but no response at all. I dare not leave home for the past months to avoid bumping into anyone familiar. Only leave home once a day to get food and dont want to be asked about my employment situation. Staying with parents and getting tired of seeing the same faces at home everyday. Covid just made everything worse, pte and gvmt nobody is hiring anymore. am thinking suicide rates will go up soon..

Hey, keep your chin up. What kind of job are you looking for?

ongmeiyan 04-04-2020 07:16 PM

Momst likely freezing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131732)
Very hard. Now many companies need work from home. Not sure if they will be freezing hiring for the time being.

I applied 70+ jobs this year, but only had 2 interview invitations till now

I believe the companies are freezing hiring during this covid-19 outbreak. Probably re-hiring again in the month of June or early July.

By the way, I'm working for a recruitment company too.

Unregistered 04-04-2020 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ongmeiyan (Post 131776)
I believe the companies are freezing hiring during this covid-19 outbreak. Probably re-hiring again in the month of June or early July.

By the way, I'm working for a recruitment company too.

I still see job advertisements every now and then

Unregistered 04-04-2020 10:53 PM

Has anybody applied for jobs under the virtual career fair by WSG? If yes, are there any updates? Thanks...

Unregistered 04-04-2020 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131790)
Has anybody applied for jobs under the virtual career fair by WSG? If yes, are there any updates? Thanks...

I applied like 5 there. No updates