Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Anyone jobless for a long time before?

Old 17-09-2019, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Unemployed for 1 year and 4 months for me. Graduated with a Diploma in Electronics and finish my NS last year May. Got a bit of work here and there as contract or whatsoever but not full time employment. So far sent around 250+ applications and less than 20 interview. Even went to the career coach in e2i but all they did was just told me to make my resume pretty, polish my interview skills and handed me a paper with a list of websites to apply for jobs and learn new skills, not that I already know the websites already. Just wondering if anyone been unemployed even longer than me.
Me and many others that we do not see/meet. I'm a NUS graduate last year Jun-Jul. Been working contract till now and still unable to get perm job. My friends who graduated this year Jul...are unfortunately working contract too.

I can tell you that current job market has been bad for everyone. Only those with highly valued skills or extremely good grades managed to get jobs in a short span.

If you notice, most jobs on every possible job portals are filled with contract jobs.

Anyway, all the best to you and me... Dont even know when will this misery ends.

Old 19-09-2019, 07:17 AM
Unregistered

Default Vote carefully

Young graduates, you need to ask yourself who you voted for in last GE.

I been working in MNCs all my life, and i see the rampant hiring of FTs just made me sick. Most of the jobs they hold any singaporeans can do.

Dont say i didnt warn you, you may not care about politics, but politics has its way of finding you.

Old 19-09-2019, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

I agreed with you fully.

Most of the FT jobs can be done by Singaporean. Wondering why do they not employ Singaporean and complain that Singaporean does not want to work.

Move around and you can see FT sweepers, cleaners, restaurant staffs, hotel service staffs, construction, nursing, etc..

Ask yourself why do they employ those FT? Is it because of who you voted GE?

Quote:

I been working in MNCs all my life, and i see the rampant hiring of FTs just made me sick. Most of the jobs they hold any singaporeans can do.

Dont say i didnt warn you, you may not care about politics, but politics has its way of finding you.

Old 19-09-2019, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Yea but all of us young graduates this year were not even old enough to vote last GE.
Should have caused a scene and make govt lower voting rights to 18 yrs old...

Meaning we got screwed over by those who could vote :/

Anywho.. cant even cry over spilk milk. The younger generations already struggling to even find perm entry level. And govt now promoting kids to go either ite or poly (look at thier facilities and news coverage). See how fast they change their views and policies with one blink.

Next maybe CPF, increase to 25% deduction and can only take out when 75 lol. We be working till death here.

Any govt official who sees this, pls help your own people and encourage people to take lower skilled jobs but with conpensating benefits. Look at japan etc, their construction workers are their own people and they lead maybe a few foreigners as support. NOT the other way around like in SG, sheesh all foreigners here are taking all low, mid and high jobs
Wth.

Anyone agrees with me?
Old 19-09-2019, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Yea but all of us young graduates this year were not even old enough to vote last GE.
Should have caused a scene and make govt lower voting rights to 18 yrs old...

Meaning we got screwed over by those who could vote :/

Anywho.. cant even cry over spilk milk. The younger generations already struggling to even find perm entry level. And govt now promoting kids to go either ite or poly (look at thier facilities and news coverage). See how fast they change their views and policies with one blink.

Next maybe CPF, increase to 25% deduction and can only take out when 75 lol. We be working till death here.

Any govt official who sees this, pls help your own people and encourage people to take lower skilled jobs but with conpensating benefits. Look at japan etc, their construction workers are their own people and they lead maybe a few foreigners as support. NOT the other way around like in SG, sheesh all foreigners here are taking all low, mid and high jobs
Wth.

Anyone agrees with me?
Old 20-09-2019, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

Jobless only got your parents to blame. Confirm is you are ugly in looks. For pretty girl like me. Go interview wear short skirt plus g string. Just Zao geng to hiring manager. Straight get many offers. So if u are jobless. Blame your parents why born u ugly?

Old 23-09-2019, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

why don't apply jobs at companies that only take singaporeans like DSO and DSTA? pay good and good bonus. i hear car parks getting full
Old 27-09-2019, 03:53 PM

Snaphunt is on a distinguished road

HELLO!

If y'all find it difficult and time-consuming to look for jobs, can try www.snaphunt.com
(full disclosure - i work here, but don't scold me because i believe in it)
and i got my job through here after sending out close to 500 resumes and spending 2 months at home just browsing jobs and sending resumes EVERYWHERE.

basically, having a profile on the platform reduce your time and effort because the AI only shows you job that your profile is a match to. then just click apply or decline. done. - wait for employer to shortlist you or reject you, whichevere they deem fit.